• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the DudeofWV legit?

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooooooh...

I get it.

It's stupid, but I get it.

I mean it's really spelling out -
UUA

Utah Utes, University of Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves

No, it's literally spelling out UGA. There's a ''U'' ''G'' and ''A'' in those team logos.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooooooh...

I get it.

It's stupid, but I get it.

I mean it's really spelling out -
UUA

Utah Utes, University of Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves

That looks fun I wanna try.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Brand name fans of course want SEC or Big 12; they don't have to worry about school reputation or what their degree will be worth down the road... Only football games and related press. I'm not calling SEC students or their fans academically inferior... It's just that VT the school has huge academic incentives to gain if they move to the Big Ten. The football's not bad up there, either, especially with a wide (long-term) lens. If the opportunity to upgrade both worlds is available, it's a no-brainer.

:L

You basically say that your degree value and reputation will drop in the SEC... but then say, oh but I don't mean SEC students are inferior :rolleyes: .

You guys honestly think that the academics at your school would suffer after a move to the SEC? That your degree will be worth less? That the perception of your academic standards will lower?

According to US News' college rankings, the SEC has 7 Universities in the top 100... and most of them are ranked higher than Virginia Tech. I'm sure you'll take that as a knock on VT (because of your snooty attitude towards the SEC, and deep south schools in general), but I think it is a fine school.

Also, the SEC has 4 AAU member schools.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

You basically say that your degree value and reputation will drop in the SEC... but then say, oh but I don't mean SEC students are inferior :rolleyes: .

You guys honestly think that the academics at your school would suffer after a move to the SEC? That your degree will be worth less? That the perception of your academic standards will lower?

According to US News' college rankings, the SEC has 7 Universities in the top 100... and most of them are ranked higher than Virginia Tech. I'm sure you'll take that as a knock on VT, but I think it is a fine school.

Also, the SEC has 4 AAU member schools.

So, are you an alum or current student.

It is not all about academic rep, it is about all around rep!

As far as AAU, 4/14 < 11/12

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want that research money.

Well, I work at Pitt, so we have the money as an AAU school, but yes I would like to see Tech get it as well. Godawgs is reading way too much into what is being said (he likes to feel attacked). If we go to the SEC, fine. My preference is the B1G.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GoDawgs, I didn't say anything would drop in the SEC; I said there would be better academic connections in the Big Ten than we have. No stones were thrown at UGA or the SEC. I only described the difference between unaffiliated fans' desires and the decisions of the university.

If your default reaction was to think I insulted your favorite team, I now understand why you thought Tech fans are "arrogant".

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you an alum or current student.

It is not all about academic rep, it is about all around rep!

As far as AAU, 4/14 < 11/12

Well, I haven't graduated college so I don't know what those funny symbols & numbers mean... but I do know that there are fine schools in the SEC and some of them have fine reputations - all around - joining the SEC isn't going to deminish that.

I get that have more buddies in the club might help to get you into the AAU, but you know VT could always do it the ole fashioned way... and earn it.

And no, I can't afford UGA tuition.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything would drop in the SEC, I said there would be better academic connections in the Big Ten than we have. No stones were thrown at UGA or the SEC. I only described the difference between unaffiliated fans' desires and the decisions of the university.

If your default reaction was to think I insulted your favorite team, I now understand why you thought fans are "arrogant".

It really is......it really is......

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I haven't graduated college so I don't know what those funny symbols & numbers mean... but I do know that there are fine schools in the SEC and some of them have fine reputations - all around - joining the SEC isn't going to deminish that.

I get that have more buddies in the club might help to get you into the AAU, but you know VT could always do it the ole fashioned way... and earn it.

And no, I can't afford UGA tuition.

....fine

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoDawgs, I didn't say anything would drop in the SEC, I said there would be better academic connections in the Big Ten than we have. No stones were thrown at UGA or the SEC. I only described the difference between unaffiliated fans' desires and the decisions of the university.

If your default reaction was to think I insulted your favorite team, I now understand why you thought fans are "arrogant".

I read the actual words, and between the lines. if you are worried about your degrees value down the road if VT joins the SEC... that's a slap in the face.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are both demonstrating your own arrogance right now, and throughout this thread.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll leave, there is now way I can say anything here without being ganged on.