• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Roger Goodell's Job In Jeporady??

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be making money without Goodell, the NFL has been growing exponentially worldwide, despite of Roger. It has been happening for years. The NFL has die-hard followers in more than 100 countries, that is the future growth, most of those fans have no idea who Goodell is, and the poorly judged decisions he has made.

I agree with what your saying, Goodell just happened to be in the right place at the right time where the owners are making the most money thay've ever made. That's why I think he'll be around for a while.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that any efficient manager can do Goodell's day-to-day job. He is not a miracle worker, leader or money machine; he basically takes orders from the franchise owners and implements them to the best of his capabilities, which each day prove to be less than stellar. You should not exclude common sense and objectivity, to take the owners on a joy ride to try and prove you're the "new sheriff in town." Quite frankly, Goodell has done a mediocre job and he's going to have to crawl his sorry ass out of this deflategate embroglio. He will not last long, because he has proven that his work is shoddy, at best.

I find it hard to believe that the NFL couldn't someone better or even just as good than Goodell. The concussion issue is a good point but it's unclear if someone else couldn't have done the same.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It

It's all about money and winning in this day and age. Goodell's pseudo-investigation was full of procedural errors and cost the league millions of dollah, and he lost the most important battle. I doubt any owner with common sense would back Goodell now in his crusade against Brady, it's a mundane transgression that was blown out of proportion. Roger must have guaranteed the owners it was a done deal, now, not so much. Roger fucked it up, worse than Brady did.

exactly. and for the most part the owners are winning AND making money. It only puts a black eye on Goodell and not the other owners (well except for the one's yelling, "burn Brady")

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the NFL couldn't someone better or even just as good than Goodell. The concussion issue is a good point but it's unclear if someone else couldn't have done the same.

The NFL is soon to become threatened by a much bigger wave of concussion cases and American football, especially at the kid level , is going to be questioned ... from what little I know, football, like boxing, has little defense on the issue ...

my point is the NFL is gonna need someone with a friggin head on their shoulders ... and Goodell ain't it

... when does Peyton retire?

... his head's HUGE

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell gets a lot of flak around here, much of it undeserved. Still got to think pressure might get to be to much soon and he might step down.