• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Roger Goodell's Job In Jeporady??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I drove over to Best Buy to get a new 27" monitor, several "experts" were discussing the Brady case being overturned and Roger Goodell was brought up.

This case has actually put the NFL CBA into serious trouble. While millions of Brady and Patriot haters were constantly expounding the outcome of this hearing on Article 46 of the CBA, Judge Richard Berman explicitly stated that the NFL violated the exact article by not allowing Jeff Pash to testify or allow the NFLPA or Tom Brady's attorney to depose him. Article 46 specifically states that anyone directly or indirectly connected to an investigation my be made readily available to the player or the union. This ruling alone will keep the NFL from making a serious appeal and this violation of the CBA will kill any chance the NFL has of getting Berman overturned.

So the question remains.....why didn't the NFL allow Jeff Pash to be deposed? Could it be that he altered the Wells Report? He is the NFL Attorney who works directly for Roger Goodell and he saw the Wells Report first.

The more that Berman admonished the league, the more it made Roger Goodell look like he instigated a witch hunt and falsely went after one of the NFL's star players. When it became clear that things were not going his way, he dug in his feet and said 4 or nothing. It's pretty apparent that his ego was worth more to him than the "Integrity of the NFL".

My guess is that more than one owner has been on the phone this morning talking to other owners about the cost in dollars and the coat in public perception of the NFL. It may have also cost CBS and FOX millions in advertising dollars. That means that CBS and Fox will have an axe to grind with the league because they could have prevented this back in January.

I think this is the death knell for Roger Goodell..........and I also believe that the NFL offices at 465 Park Avenue are about to get cleaned...........the first names to go will be Pash and Kensil.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady cheated, Ken. Not Roger Goodell. Stop blaming him.

He'll be NFL commish a long time after Tom Brady has been benched for his severely eroded skills and diminished performance.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is not going anywhere. He did what he could do, or had powers to do given to him by his employers. Why do you think the owners were supporting him even though they knew there not an ounce of evidence or anything material for them to win except the CBA?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pashes job is, not goodells.

not now anyway

in a few years maybe, but...a LOT of owners are wearing egg on their faces with only him to blame.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be NFL commish a long time after Tom Brady has been benched for his severely eroded skills and diminished performance.
Goodell did cheat. He obstucted justice by not having Pash available for questioning for starters. So much for integrity.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pay attention, hammer. Goodell cheated and got caught. He has no one to blame but himself.

The owners will get sick of the circus and the clown will be removed. Goodbye, Goodell.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay attention, hammer. Goodell cheated and got caught. He has no one to blame but himself.

The owners will get sick of the circus and the clown will be removed. Goodbye, Goodell.

By "circus" you mean insane profits and exponential growth? :noidea:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, when they kick out Goodell their profits and exponential growth won't be harmed in anyway.

Go ahead, prove why they will suffer without Goodell. Just give us a prediction of how you think it could...

Otherwise don't make stupid statements. You should have a bunch of reasons in mind. What are they?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jeporady"

I love word scrambles! My guess is jeopardy.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, when they kick out Goodell their profits and exponential growth won't be harmed in anyway.

Go ahead, prove why they will suffer without Goodell. Just give us a prediction of how you think it could...

Otherwise don't make stupid statements. You should have a bunch of reasons in mind. What are they?

dMbpmdT.gif

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell and his team lied like a sieve, tried to obstruct the legal process to get the results the wanted and conducted a smear campaign in the press.

And Brady might have known that his guys may have tampered with the football pressure on some footballs after the fact.

Same thing.

Goodell will probably survive but the next time a court case comes up they may push Goodell to accept some neutral arbritration. AT LEAST!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and I could manage the NFL to record profits. Hell I'd even do it for 20 million.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, Gandhi, Mother Theresa and FDR ...all as Co commissioners of the NFL would all be roundly criticized regardless of any decisions they made if they had to deal with the mountain of player issues we have seen the past several years.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could run it, skim millions and joint will still make record escarole, it's the NFL

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG is simply a puppet for the owners. His job is only in jeopardy if he 1) gets caught red handed doing something illegal that would mess with the image of the NFL or put him in jail, or 2) has some sort of racial, sexist, homophobic slur or 3) doesn't do what the owners want him to do.

He followed the owners wishes, and it got overturned. He is probably annoyed and embarrassed, but he was simply doing the job the owners wanted him to do. There is no way he loses his job over it IMO.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as goodell lines the owners pockets with money he will stay

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I could manage the NFL to record profits. Hell I'd even do it for 20 million.

But if they offered you $40 million a year to do the job, would you turn it down? I wouldn't think you would, and neither did RG.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodells job is to make his bosses money

He is a master at that

He is getting paid to babysit Brady* cheating or Ray Rice pummeling women

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is not going anywhere. He did what he could do, or had powers to do given to him by his employers. Why do you think the owners were supporting him even though they knew there not an ounce of evidence or anything material for them to win except the CBA?

No, he's not...but the NFL has learned something here...the commish's powers do have limits...because they had nothing concrete, RG threw the book at Brady essentially because he didn't like the fact that he wouldn't bow down before him. 4 games was too much, the judge recognized this and kept kicking back to them saying figure this shit out and he wouldn't yield...had this been a more just punishment, Brady would've taken it and moved on.

The NFL did take a slap to the face on this.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-3_14-2-57.png
    upload_2015-9-3_14-2-57.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 20