• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Roger Goodell Good or Bad for the NFL?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell job is safe, as long as the NFL is making gobs of money. Doesn't mean he's been perfect, by any means. He decided to take off the field issues to the fore front, like a lot well meaning policies started out fine then went to hell. He should of set up a standard that wasn't obituary, he didn't do that. He just handed suspensions off the cuff. Some of those suspensions didn't fly well with the public, so then he tried to flip flop and give out suspensions on a new standard after they took place.:L Plain stupid. Now some folks feel like players can go to court every time and win. Not the case of course. Got to love those Pats fans that think Brady has a leg to stand on in court. Goodell was careful not to do anything that didn't fly under the new CBA. I sure Brady's high price lawyers got shit eating grins on their face when they tell Brady " we'll beat this" they are looking at just how much dough they are going to be raking in and they got no chance of winning this zip, nada, none.

In retrospect I think Goodell wishes he hadn't decided to make off the field issues front and center, but maybe that's just me.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close enough to what I was going to say. Good for the owners and people making money off the league, bad for the fans and really not great for the players either.

These players make bank, work nice hrs and have it real easy compared to reg Joe. I'll sign a mil contract and adhere to everything they tell me, prob is these players think they are above the law, untouchable. Get rid of them and I;ll watch next string. I love any type of football starting at pop warner. Arena and CFL not so much and Lingerie isnt bad

Reactions: BUD

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell was careful not to do anything that didn't fly under the new CBA.

No.

I get that you hate the Patriots, but your whole argument (already specious at best) goes up in smoke when you try to make this claim.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I get that you hate the Patriots, but your whole argument (already specious at best) goes up in smoke when you try to make this claim.
The thing is Rex I don't hate the Pats, I save that for the 49ers. Please enlighten me how how he done any thing not sanctioned by the new CBA?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These players make bank, work nice hrs and have it real easy compared to reg Joe. I'll sign a mil contract and adhere to everything they tell me, prob is these players think they are above the law, untouchable. Get rid of them and I;ll watch next string. I love any type of football starting at pop warner. Arena and CFL not so much and Lingerie isnt bad

IDK man, I watched a few CFL games this year and they were getting away with all sorts of hits that would have definitely drawn a flag for "unnecessary roughness" (a.k.a. hitting too hard) from the clowns parading as referees in the NFL. It's not the NFL but it's pretty damn entertaining IMO. AFL as well.

I guess I really should have said that I don't think the players are any better off with Goodell as the commish as they were with Paul Tagliabue. Goodell has all these rules that are supposedly for player safety, yet he insists on lengthening the season with more games, more playoffs team etc which is ultimately going to lead to more fatigue and injury. Then they pass this stupid PAT rule which is certainly going to lead to more kickers and punters getting the shit beat out of them. Goodell is all for players safety unless it gets in the way of making money.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is inconsistent. BTW....When is this asshole going to lay down discipline for the owners??? Integrity of the league my ass.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is inconsistent. BTW....When is this asshole going to lay down discipline for the owners??? Integrity of the league my ass.
Discipline for owners?????? He works for the owners. They are all his boss.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 40 million dollar puppet. For good or bad time will. So far he has done nothing but create controversy. it's all part of the big plan to drive fans mad with give them reasons to complain about the big brother.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is what he is. The figurehead arbitrator of NFL rules who's main job is to 'get money' for the owners. Overall, I think he has done a great job.

He gets far too much blame for things he has no or little control over.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is what he is. The figurehead arbitrator of NFL rules who's main job is to 'get money' for the owners. Overall, I think he has done a great job.

He gets far too much blame for things he has no or little control over.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not an @rmilia type troll thread. I'm dead serious. I'm baffled by the outrage against Goodell and unless you can convince me otherwise, I'm going to stick my nose in the air and say it's the ignorance of the unwashed masses.

My gawd man, we've had posters on this board literally publicly calling for the murder of Roger Goodell. We assumed they were drunk and would back off the morning after when confronted but they stuck to it and said they wouldn't even feel bad for his family if he was murdered.

That's an extreme case but everywhere I go I see the same pattern of "hang the dude."

If Roger Goodell were bad for the NFL, why would owners with Robert Kraft leading the charge, give consensus support?

If revenue and future growth are the bottom line, then you tell me why this guy is a "fucking disaster."

I don't see it.

As for the portion about revenue, Goodell doesn't have as much to do with it as you seem to believe.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell job is safe, as long as the NFL is making gobs of money. Doesn't mean he's been perfect, by any means. He decided to take off the field issues to the fore front, like a lot well meaning policies started out fine then went to hell. He should of set up a standard that wasn't obituary, he didn't do that. He just handed suspensions off the cuff. Some of those suspensions didn't fly well with the public, so then he tried to flip flop and give out suspensions on a new standard after they took place.:L Plain stupid. Now some folks feel like players can go to court every time and win. Not the case of course. Got to love those Pats fans that think Brady has a leg to stand on in court. Goodell was careful not to do anything that didn't fly under the new CBA. I sure Brady's high price lawyers got shit eating grins on their face when they tell Brady " we'll beat this" they are looking at just how much dough they are going to be raking in and they got no chance of winning this zip, nada, none.

In retrospect I think Goodell wishes he hadn't decided to make off the field issues front and center, but maybe that's just me.

The ignorance dripping from this post is simply astounding.

The players have won every time they have gone to court, using your time frame. And the need to go to court was caused by the idiot RG. (Kessler has never lost vs the NFL, going back a long ways.)

Brady's case is actually the easiest of the ones they have had to date to bring to court. RG knows he will lose in court, and knows he can't reduce to 0. He is boxed in a corner of his own making.

Your beliefs are simply based on emotional thought and personal desired outcome, and not on facts and reason.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The players have won every time they have gone to court, using your time frame. And the need to go to court was caused by the idiot RG. (Kessler has never lost vs the NFL, going back a long ways.)

Brady's case is actually the easiest of the ones they have had to date to bring to court. RG knows he will lose in court, and knows he can't reduce to 0. He is boxed in a corner of his own making.

Your beliefs are simply based on emotional thought and personal desired outcome, and not on facts and reason.

One of the cool things about this case, is that when it gets to court the 10 hour meeting transcript will be made public.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I knew you would say something like this. Show me what clause in violated in the new CBA.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I knew you would say something like this. Show me what clause in violated in the new CBA.

A specific clause does not need to be violated. They could, for example, make a "shop law" argument. They could for example make a "capricous and arbitrary" argument. Etc.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone knows my feelings on Roger Badell.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL continues to make a shitload of money, so as far as he is concerned, he is doing his job perfectly.

The players hate him, and I don't like how he's trying to make the game soft and more like the arena football league, but it's not like he is ruining the game or anything.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not dumb and he's not acting alone. The final decision might be his but I guaran-damn-tee ya every single one is brooded over by a dream team of very intelligent people who are fiercely loyal to the bottom line.

Here's my thinking: the masses who hate Goodell are dumbfucks. We know this, right? It's hip to hate Goodell and blame him for making dumb decisions. Yeah, and those people are mindless morons.

If he were bad for the NFL, he'd be gone before the sun set tonight.
I couldn't agree more.

If the fucktard players would stop creating scandals and breaking the rules, Goodell wouldn't be forced to deal with this nonsense and thus would have a pretty solid track record as commish in the court of public opinion. Let's keep the focus on the rule breaking players. They should be the ones getting lambasted not Goodell.

It's like these dumbass fans that say the league needs to change the rules on weed when a player get's popped. Idiotic logic at its best.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is just a front man for the owners. He made $44 million looking stupid for the owners.
Obviously, he is a lot smarter than us.
This makes it worse for me. Knowing that he knows the Wells "report" is a mocked up bunch of crap and he is still acting like it means something - despicable.....