• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Kubiak really quitting?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say not a 1st ballot HOF.

give it 5 to 10 years

I disagree, doesn't have the winning as a head coach, and his SBs, with the exception of the recent one, are as a servant to another coach. Also his WvL isn't all that good, about 5 or 6 games over .500.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, doesn't have the winning as a head coach, and his SBs, with the exception of the recent one, are as a servant to another coach. Also his WvL isn't all that good, about 5 or 6 games over .500.

True. But one of teams he coached was the Texans..........

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he was the HC.
You also have to look at the team he took over in Houston. They had never been to the playoffs before he got to town.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak figures that now is a good time to get away from Aqib Talib.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to look at the team he took over in Houston. They had never been to the playoffs before he got to town.

Sure, but that doesn't make him a hall of fame HC.

He is 5 games over 500, which puts him pretty far down the list. (.519% WP)

And his SB rings as a Cord./Asst. won't be enough to put him over the top.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami, Donkeys, Ratbirds, etc.

Miami w/o their starting qb, Denver w/ a 1st yr qb , and the Ravens had no offense this season.
Tough games ahead and they know they need the HF advantage to have a chance to get it done. Pitts is a team that can beat them at home and KC looks ready also this yr. we'll see soon enough.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami w/o their starting qb, Denver w/ a 1st yr qb , and the Ravens had no offense this season.
Tough games ahead and they know they need the HF advantage to have a chance to get it done. Pitts is a team that can beat them at home and KC looks ready also this yr. we'll see soon enough.

Maybe, but the Patriots are still the top defense for a reason, and you can't blame it on who they played without saying the same thing about the other teams.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say not a 1st ballot HOF.

give it 5 to 10 years

Good point, but Dungy got in first ballot with 1 SB win and that won by Peyton Manning. So I think Kubes has accomplished more than him. I could understand 2nd ballot but he should get in. IMO

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, but Dungy got in first ballot with 1 SB win and that won by Peyton Manning. So I think Kubes has accomplished more than him. I could understand 2nd ballot but he should get in. IMO

Sad to see Steve Smith retiring also helluva competitor. What he lost in size , he made up with heart and fire

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Kubiak will not sniff the HOF with a .522 percentage with a meager 82 wins to his name. No way, no how. Dungy had 169 wins with a .668 percentage.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dungy also got in partly due to his building and success with Tampa Bay. He should get a little credit for getting Jon Gruden a ring. As for Kubiak, a solid coach but his biggest mistake with the Texans was to keep trying to turn Matt Schaub into a bona fide NFL QB. How many times did Schaub snatch defeat from victory with a late pick 6 or something.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dungy also got in partly due to his building and success with Tampa Bay. He should get a little credit for getting Jon Gruden a ring. As for Kubiak, a solid coach but his biggest mistake with the Texans was to keep trying to turn Matt Schaub into a bona fide NFL QB. How many times did Schaub snatch defeat from victory with a late pick 6 or something.

Well until that final season with the Texans schaub actually played at a Pro Bowl level. He was top-10 in most QB categories. The team also won a couple of division titles and if Schaub hadn't gone down with injury right before the playoffs no telling what could have happened as they were considered one of the front runners. That again though should be part of Kubiak's resume of taking a guy like Schaub and making him look like an NFL starting QB for a few seasons.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well until that final season with the Texans schaub actually played at a Pro Bowl level. He was top-10 in most QB categories. The team also won a couple of division titles and if Schaub hadn't gone down with injury right before the playoffs no telling what could have happened as they were considered one of the front runners. That again though should be part of Kubiak's resume of taking a guy like Schaub and making him look like an NFL starting QB for a few seasons.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I too believe Kubiak should get huge props for even making Schaub look that good. It shows you how the QB stats and ratings can be skewed though, does it not. Schaub was a solid back-up QB that benefitted from having the perfect Kubiak system. Good running game to set up play action and good receivers. I applaud Kubiak for making Schaub as good as he was but I saw a lot of games lost due to costly mistakes at the end. And Schaub was never the guy to actually push the team over the top when it counted. I just think he should have realized this and moved on sooner and he might have had more success in Houston.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't get me wrong. I too believe Kubiak should get huge props for even making Schaub look that good. It shows you how the QB stats and ratings can be skewed though, does it not. Schaub was a solid back-up QB that benefitted from having the perfect Kubiak system. Good running game to set up play action and good receivers. I applaud Kubiak for making Schaub as good as he was but I saw a lot of games lost due to costly mistakes at the end. And Schaub was never the guy to actually push the team over the top when it counted. I just think he should have realized this and moved on sooner and he might have had more success in Houston.

Maybe he could have. Part of the problem though was when he first started he got them to that middle of the road area. Not bad enough to get those top-5 picks that can net you a good QB but not quite good enough to make the playoffs. Then they started making the playoffs with Schaub as the QB. Hard to argue with keeping him as the starting QB when the team is winning and running what was a top-10 offense.

Throw in the NFL is a league where there are about maybe 10 quality starting QB's. The rest of the teams are just hoping they can find one. So when you find even an above average QB it is hard to let them go because they know how bad it can get. That is why the Texans were willing to pay Osweiler huge money this off season. It is they the Bills signed Taylor to his big contract. Jay Cutler keeps making millions upon millions. Teams know they most likely won't take them over the top but they also don't want to end up with a top-5 pick because they had a terrible QB. That is how coaches get fired.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see Steve Smith retiring also helluva competitor. What he lost in size , he made up with heart and fire

I hated that they went into that last game like a family picnic instead of fighting to send him out with a win. They laid down for a higher draft pic instead.
I'm really sick of Harboob and his lack of ability to motivate the team.
I'm really hoping he gets a college offer he can't refuse and we get josh McDaniels or the likes. Cam and Kubes are the only good offenses we've ever had. Harbs is too controlling with things he sucks at. Leave the offense to the OC and QB and tend to clock management and such.
Happy New Year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was right that he won as an OC as well as HC , I thought he was Elways backup in the first one but looks like I was wrong there. But there are a lot of players and coaches in the HOF that didn't shake the world and my thinking is if someone like Dungy could get in, Kubes should be a shoe in.
By the way, I lost our Avi wager, looked like they laid down for draft pick spot. Shameful !!:L

Haha well I like your Avi you have so I will just say keep what you got. Not really the way I wanted to win our Avi by both our teams missing the playoffs.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated that they went into that last game like a family picnic instead of fighting to send him out with a win. They laid down for a higher draft pic instead.
I'm really hoping he gets a college offer he can't refuse and we get josh McDaniels or the likes. Cam and Kubes are the only good offenses we've ever had. Harbs is too controlling with things he sucks at. Leave the offense to the OC and QB and tend to clock management and such.
Happy New Year

There has been some bad blood between the Ravens and Pats lately so I don't see him going there. It was BB that vouched for Harbaugh to his ex Asst coach Ozzie that he would be a good fit for HC. Then he makes some snide comments about spygate, and word is that Balt blew the whistle to the Colts about the underinflated balls, not 100% on factuality and then the formati
Happy New Year

I doubt that he would go to Balt because there has been some bad blood lately mainly because of Harbs. BB is the one who vouched for him as HC to his ex asst coach Ozzie and then he makes comments about spygate and the illegal formation that was legal, talk about biting the hand that fed you, Mangini was the biggest example. And then supposedly someone from Balt tipped off Indy about the underinflated balls

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been some bad blood between the Ravens and Pats lately so I don't see him going there. It was BB that vouched for Harbaugh to his ex Asst coach Ozzie that he would be a good fit for HC. Then he makes some snide comments about spygate, and word is that Balt blew the whistle to the Colts about the underinflated balls, not 100% on factuality and then the formati

I doubt that he would go to Balt because there has been some bad blood lately mainly because of Harbs. BB is the one who vouched for him as HC to his ex asst coach Ozzie and then he makes comments about spygate and the illegal formation that was legal, talk about biting the hand that fed you, Mangini was the biggest example. And then supposedly someone from Balt tipped off Indy about the underinflated balls

I don't believe all that, A colts player complained about a ball under inflated and bingo.
No matter and BB said before that he didn't know Harbs but thought they could be friends.
Harbs was our second choice actually, we offered Jason Garrett the job first and Jerry broke the bank to keep him. I was glad because I don't like him at all.
I'm ready for a change because I think we have seen the best of Harbs and he has gotten too controlling and his message is old and stale. McDaniels would probably love to come to a franchise like ours to be HC. But unfortunately I don't think Harbs is going anywhere unless he leaves on his own. 2 losing seasons in a row should have got him fired but they consider 8-8 not a losing season. But it ain't a winning season either the way I see it. Fire his butt, Biscuit