• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Kubiak really quitting?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan definitely is the front-runner. Fits everything Elway said he is looking for. I was actually surprised Elway gave away a lot at his press conference of what they want...

1) Young smart coach--most likely eliminates most of the retread coaches.
2) Guy who can develop Paxton Lynch
3) Great communicator between players/coaches/FO

So Shanahan fits all of those criteria. He is a hot commodity though as I think he has the most interviews set up of any HC candidate this week. So have to see how well the interview goes. Almost seems like it might be more the teams trying to sell themselves to him instead of him trying to sell himself to them.

I also worry a bit about the rift between John Elway and Kyle's dad Mike. Something happened at the end of Elway's career to the point that when asked to come back and work with the Broncos after he retired from playing Elway said something along the lines of "I won't come back as long as Mike is here." So have to see how well they have patched up their issues.

Beyond Shanahan would probably be Vance Joseph the DC of the Dolphins. Broncos loved him back when they were hiring Kubiak to be HC. He was the first choice for DC but something happened where the Bengals blocked it from happening.

Interesting, I thought back in the day, that Elway was responsible for Mike getting the HC job in Denver and the old coach fired....I never knew it went sour between them....
I think Kyle would choose the Broncos over the other available teams though, better chance to win now as long as the money isn't worlds apart...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, health reasons. Smart decision

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I thought back in the day, that Elway was responsible for Mike getting the HC job in Denver and the old coach fired....I never knew it went sour between them....
I think Kyle would choose the Broncos over the other available teams though, better chance to win now as long as the money isn't worlds apart...

Speaking of HCs.

You would think the Ratbirds would fire that idiot of a coach that doesn't even know the rules.:yes:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

Here let's look at it from a musical take.

You are trying to compare "The Band" who never really had huge hits, some good hits, but changed the music landscape, with the Flock of Seagulls who had a couple of top 40 hits but immediately vanished and had no actual impact long term on the industry.

Kubiak is the Flock of Seagulls.:thumb:

Kubiak is no Levon Helm's.:nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

Here let's look at it from a musical take.

You are trying to compare "The Band" who never really had huge hits, some good hits, but changed the music landscape, with the Flock of Seagulls who had a couple of top 40 hits but immediately vanished and had no actual impact long term on the industry.

Kubiak is the Flock of Seagulls.:thumb:

Kubiak is no Levon Helm's.:nod:

I'm not sure how you are not getting this but I have never once said that Kubiak deserves to be in the HOF. I have said he actually doesn't deserve to be in. He is in that next group of coaches. So essentially I have actually agreed with you on that fact. Where we disagree is you have done nothing but say his career is a sham where I have said he has done a lot of good in his time in the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well honestly he was part of the reason they let go of Reeves too. Elway is a tough personality to fully get along with. It is part of his drive to win and expect greatness from all those around him. So it is one of those great and terrible qualities at the same time.

Kyle from all that I have heard doesn't seem to have an issue with any of the feud between Elway and his dad and has said that he is very interested in the Broncos job. I'm hearing today that Vance Joseph has now become the front runner for the position. IF he wants it he can have it pretty much at this point. Broncos interviewed him 2 seasons ago and loved him a lot. He also has built up quite the reputation around the league so just have to see what happens.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you are not getting this but I have never once said that Kubiak deserves to be in the HOF. I have said he actually doesn't deserve to be in. He is in that next group of coaches. So essentially I have actually agreed with you on that fact. Where we disagree is you have done nothing but say his career is a sham where I have said he has done a lot of good in his time in the league.

I didn't say his rings are a "sham", what I pointed out is that you are trying to use them with the same weight as a HC or a QB, when it's not the same.

Using your logice if a punter has 4 rings it's the same as a HC having 4 rings.

They all should be weighted differently.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say his rings are a "sham", what I pointed out is that you are trying to use them with the same weight as a HC or a QB, when it's not the same.

Using your logice if a punter has 4 rings it's the same as a HC having 4 rings.

They all should be weighted differently.

No what I pointed towards was you said that his rings shouldn't count because he wasn't a big part of earning them. You pointed towards this past season where he inherited the team from another coaching staff. Well that other coaching staff had these players and couldn't get past the Divisional round. Biggest difference on the team from the year before was the new coaching staff and what they were able to do. So to me yeah that one was earned by this Kubiak and the entire coaching staff that he brought in.

As an OC for the Broncos in the 90's they had at that time what was considered a record breaking offense. They just flat out dominated opponents. Elway was actually putting up some of his best stats of his career, Kubiak helped build up what many still consider one of the best OL's in football, and of course having TD go and have an MVP season and maybe the best 3 year stretch of any RB in NFL history. Kubiak was all a part of that.
Yes I agree that Rings should be weighted a little bit differently but to think Kubiak wasn't a huge part of at least 3 of his rings is underselling what he has meant to his teams.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what I pointed towards was you said that his rings shouldn't count because he wasn't a big part of earning them. You pointed towards this past season where he inherited the team from another coaching staff. Well that other coaching staff had these players and couldn't get past the Divisional round. Biggest difference on the team from the year before was the new coaching staff and what they were able to do. So to me yeah that one was earned by this Kubiak and the entire coaching staff that he brought in.

As an OC for the Broncos in the 90's they had at that time what was considered a record breaking offense. They just flat out dominated opponents. Elway was actually putting up some of his best stats of his career, Kubiak helped build up what many still consider one of the best OL's in football, and of course having TD go and have an MVP season and maybe the best 3 year stretch of any RB in NFL history. Kubiak was all a part of that.
Yes I agree that Rings should be weighted a little bit differently but to think Kubiak wasn't a huge part of at least 3 of his rings is underselling what he has meant to his teams.

His rings mean nothing towards the Hall. They carry little overall weight.

Write ten more paragraphs, that won't change.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His rings mean nothing towards the Hall. They carry little overall weight.

Write ten more paragraphs, that won't change.

Man your reading comprehension is just tough to deal with. How many times have I said on this thread alone that Kubiak doesn’t deserve to be in the HOF? All I’ve tried to show is he doesn’t deserve the type of treatment you have given his career. That is it. You hate everything that is not related to the Patriots. That is obvious. That doesn’t mean there are not talented players and coaches outside of New England.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man your reading comprehension is just tough to deal with. How many times have I said on this thread alone that Kubiak doesn’t deserve to be in the HOF? All I’ve tried to show is he doesn’t deserve the type of treatment you have given his career. That is it. You hate everything that is not related to the Patriots. That is obvious. That doesn’t mean there are not talented players and coaches outside of New England.

His first three rings mean squat.

His fourth ring comes from a team he inherited.

You can't weigh them the same as others who have multiple rings as a player or HC.

And finally, this has nothing to do with New England or it's staff.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of HCs.

You would think the Ratbirds would fire that idiot of a coach that doesn't even know the rules.:yes:

Just hold on there, BB is teaching him how to cheat, you'll love him then. :rolleyes2:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hold on there, BB is teaching him how to cheat, you'll love him then. :rolleyes2:

It looks like cheating to the Ravens and their fans because their coach is lacking in knowledge of the game and it's rules.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like cheating to the Ravens and their fans because their coach is lacking in knowledge of the game and it's rules.

It looks like cheating to the commish and the courts too, 1mil, draft picks and 4 game suspensions is not an award as the pats fans think. :L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like cheating to the commish and the courts too, 1mil, draft picks and 4 game suspensions is not an award as the pats fans think. :L

Actually the NFL stated in Federal court that there was no direct evidence of cheating, and then argued that they had the authority to punish even if there was no violation of the rules.

You are obviously not very well informed about the case.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the NFL stated in Federal court that there was no direct evidence of cheating, and then argued that they had the authority to punish even if there was no violation of the rules.

You are obviously not very well informed about the case.

No, you are delusional, they acknowledged that he did not cooperate with the investigation and the NFL had the right to impose penalties for what they determined as cheating.
Give it up man, everyone knows he did it, but you and Rock. :gaah:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are delusional, they acknowledged that he did not cooperate with the investigation and the NFL had the right to impose penalties for what they determined as cheating.
Give it up man, everyone knows he did it, but you and Rock. :gaah:

Actually the NFL acknowledged that the Patriots and Tom Brady had cooperated fully. They then stated in Federal Court that there was in fact no direct evidence of cheating. They then pivoted to argue to the court that they had the power under the CBA to punish regardless if a rule had been broken or not. The court agreed they had the power to do so.

You're an idiot, and clearly know nothing about the actual case.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:
Actually the NFL acknowledged that the Patriots and Tom Brady had cooperated fully. They then stated in Federal Court that there was in fact no direct evidence of cheating. They then pivoted to argue to the court that they had the power under the CBA to punish regardless if a rule had been broken or not. The court agreed they had the power to do so.

You're an idiot, and clearly know nothing about the actual case.

Sure Corky, and did you know that the Golden Gate Bridge was built by midgets over night. Yep, and you can buy it for $1.50 if you are in fact a relative to one of the midgets. :pound::pound::pound: