• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jason Kidd the must underrated PG ever?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In light of J Kidd announcing his retirement it got me thinking about his career. 2nd all time in assists, 2nd all time in steals, 15 different seasons he averaged 6+ rebounds per game at the PG spot. Started 1350 of his 1391 career games, consistently had his teams in the playoffs, won a title. When great PG names get mentioned you rarely ever hear his name though. Any thoughts on why that is??

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In light of J Kidd announcing his retirement it got me thinking about his career. 2nd all time in assists, 2nd all time in steals, 15 different seasons he averaged 6+ rebounds per game at the PG spot. Started 1350 of his 1391 career games, consistently had his teams in the playoffs, won a title. When great PG names get mentioned you rarely ever hear his name though. Any thoughts on why that is??

oh i DEFINITELY feel the guy's career was great. underrated for sure. did a lot of things well. honestly if you don't get a grip of rings as a player though it seems you don't get mentioned a lot in conversation. too bad, really...

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's underrated. He is in top 2 in scoring and assists. Has several Finals appearances and a couple of Gold Medals. I'm sure most NBA fans know what time it is.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kidd is my favorite player of all time. What he did for the Nets at the start of the millenium can't be understated. That team wasn't that good around Kidd, and they made it to the finals multiple times, even though it was in a weak conference. Kidd rarely made mistakes and was the smartest player in the game for over a decade. I think he is 3rd all time in triple doubles, behind Magic and Oscar. Luckily Kidd was able to get a ring and won't be remembered for being a great without one like Malone, Stockton, Barkley etc. All in all, he is a top 5 PG all time, and DEFINITELY a better pg than Nash.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's properly rated

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's underrated. But for those who sleep on him....ponder this: He retires with more dimes that Magic, more steals than both Jordan and Payton and he finished in the top 50 all time in rebounding as a PG.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is underrated because he wasn't a good scorer or finisher. If he could create like he did and still cut to the basket, he'd be up there.

Over the last 19 years, there weren't many teams that would have passed the chance to have him on their team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO he wasn't and isn't - He barely got one title in his entire career - Not even a hall of famer material, but he was a decent player

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO he wasn't and isn't - He barely got one title in his entire career - Not even a hall of famer material, but he was a decent player

Don't know what barely winning a title means. He was arguably the 2nd most important player on that team, either him or Tyson. He is a SUREFIRE first ballot HoFer, and much more than a decent player. He was the greatest PG in the league for a pretty big stretch, an all around great player. To call him just a decent player is ridiculous.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what barely winning a title means. He was arguably the 2nd most important player on that team, either him or Tyson. He is a SUREFIRE first ballot HoFer, and much more than a decent player. He was the greatest PG in the league for a pretty big stretch, an all around great player. To call him just a decent player is ridiculous.

Nash was better every day of the week

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also explains why Kidd was able to make it to the finals multiple times and win a ring while Nash has not yet made it to the finals. Also one of them was a GREAT defender and the other one of the worst. Defense is half the game...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash has never been a great player.......great offensive player perhaps, but not HOF material.

Kidd is LIGHT YEARS better than him in every aspect of the game outside of slashing to the basket and his jump shot. Hell name all the triple doubles Nash has? Kidd impacted the game in a LOT of aspects, and is a champion, something Nash will never be able to say.

Hell if Nash hadn't played for D'antoni there's a good chance we never even HEAR about him as a starting PG. He damn sure wasn't great in Dallas. Nash was great EVERYWHERE he played.