• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fab 4: all HOFers?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys are mostly (not gonna name names) smart NBA fans. On the radio today Steve Kerr said Draymond was a HOFer. I think that's right so I wanted to hear if you guys agreed or not. The following assumes these guys keep playing at a pretty high level for a few more years:

Curry and KD are pretty obviously in. Klay too, he's gonna end with 3-4 titles minimum, have the 2nd best 3 point stats ever, great defender....he's at least the player Worthy was.

Draymond: the only knock is not enough points. Well Rodman is in and he wasn't even close to the same offensive player (assists, points). Dray is averaging 12/11/9 in the playoffs, the only others to do that for a minimum of 8 playoff games in one playoffs? Wilt, Oscar, Magic.

He's gonna have 3-4 rings at least too. Led the league in steals one year. DPOY. 3 time first team all defense.

And then his college career, which counts for the HOF, Big Ten player of the year etc etc. He's getting in.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, just to show you how much of a nerd I am and how excited I'm getting for the WCF (we finally get to the series we all wanted to see), here's my breakdown of the Warriors as the Beatles:

Curry is Paul, the musical prodigy
Draymond is John, the edgy/angry one
KD is George, the best guitar player in the group, quiet but every bit as talented as the others
Klay is of course Ringo, the least essential but still very important glue, a little goofy

That makes Steve Kerr = Brian Epstein and Mark Jackson = Allan Williams (Google it)

OK, time to flame me and trow a million rainbows at me.

Don't care, because I'm :doobs:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lean yes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think no doubt they all make it.

All star level players on multi championship teams are HOF players. Worthy and Parrish are in. They were very good, but they weren't superstars.

I actually think there is a small chance Iguodala makes it too if they he stays there, they win 2+ and he continues his high level of play in the postseason. Iggy was an allstar in Philly and he won a Finals MVP. That along with 4 championships should earn him consideration. Since he will probably be the first of the Hampton's 5 to retire, that bolsters his chances also.

But Draymond and Klay are near locks. If they win this year, I would argue they have already accomplished enough to get in provided they don't go the way of Derrick Rose.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say yes, they have the chance to win a couple more titles and if they do that it'll be a lock for all 4 of them and Kerr would go to the hall of fame too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray's getting in because of his defense. This guy will likely win another DPOY award. On top of that, he's a really balanced player and you could make an argument that he's the reason the Warriors are who they are.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray's getting in because of his defense. This guy will likely win another DPOY award. On top of that, he's a really balanced player and you could make an argument that he's the reason the Warriors are who they are.

Dray is the leader of that team on the floor and in the locker room, he sets the tone and does the talking for them and is the enforcer, he's much more important to them than the stat sheet suggests. They keep winning like they are he will definitely go to the HOF.

BTW, nice to see a fellow Cane fan here, I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray is the leader of that team on the floor and in the locker room, he sets the tone and does the talking for them and is the enforcer, he's much more important to them than the stat sheet suggests. They keep winning like they are he will definitely go to the HOF.

BTW, nice to see a fellow Cane fan here, I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Indeed.

:suds:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys are mostly (not gonna name names) smart NBA fans. On the radio today Steve Kerr said Draymond was a HOFer. I think that's right so I wanted to hear if you guys agreed or not. The following assumes these guys keep playing at a pretty high level for a few more years:

Curry and KD are pretty obviously in. Klay too, he's gonna end with 3-4 titles minimum, have the 2nd best 3 point stats ever, great defender....he's at least the player Worthy was.

Draymond: the only knock is not enough points. Well Rodman is in and he wasn't even close to the same offensive player (assists, points). Dray is averaging 12/11/9 in the playoffs, the only others to do that for a minimum of 8 playoff games in one playoffs? Wilt, Oscar, Magic.

He's gonna have 3-4 rings at least too. Led the league in steals one year. DPOY. 3 time first team all defense.

And then his college career, which counts for the HOF, Big Ten player of the year etc etc. He's getting in.
Green prob. will be a hall of famer one day- but if he had a career ending injury tomorrow he wouldnt be a Hall of Famer--- hes played 6 seasons and hes arguably never been a top 10 player in the league.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green prob. will be a hall of famer one day- but if he had a career ending injury tomorrow he wouldnt be a Hall of Famer--- hes played 6 seasons and hes arguably never been a top 10 player in the league.

I agree, Klay too. KD and Curry probably would get in if their careers ended tomorrow but the other two need a couple more years of high level play and accolades.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think no doubt they all make it.

All star level players on multi championship teams are HOF players. Worthy and Parrish are in. They were very good, but they weren't superstars.

I actually think there is a small chance Iguodala makes it too if they he stays there, they win 2+ and he continues his high level of play in the postseason. Iggy was an allstar in Philly and he won a Finals MVP. That along with 4 championships should earn him consideration. Since he will probably be the first of the Hampton's 5 to retire, that bolsters his chances also.

But Draymond and Klay are near locks. If they win this year, I would argue they have already accomplished enough to get in provided they don't go the way of Derrick Rose.
thats insane.

I dont know ANYONE that would be a "near lock" after only playing 6 and 7 years in the NBA and neither having ever been top 10 players in the league. That is simply not long enough

shit i dont know if Lebron, Curry or Durant would have been HOF'ers after 6-7 years.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he'll probably end up in a class with Charles Oakley, Ben Wallace, Anthony Mason...and fall short of the HOF.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he'll probably end up in a class with Charles Oakley, Ben Wallace, Anthony Mason...and fall short of the HOF.

Who, Draymond? Uh, no. He will have better numbers than all of them and way more rings/accolades. A better comparison is Rodman.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, Draymond? Uh, no. He will have better numbers than all of them and way more rings/accolades. A better comparison is Rodman.

Compare Green's numbers to those guys through the same amount of games...his numbers weren't really better.

So if he doesn't even have better numbers than those guys did at the same point in his career, what on earth are you basing your 'he will have better numbers than all of them' claim on?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond's better than all of the players you've mentioned. Neither won a DPOY either.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Green's numbers to those guys through the same amount of games...his numbers weren't really better.

So if he doesn't even have better numbers than those guys did at the same point in his career, what on earth are you basing your 'he will have better numbers than all of them' claim on?

Draymond was a better distributer of the ball than all of the guys you've mentioned by a long shot. He can also hit the 3. His career will be more comparable to Rodman given that Rodman was a great defender. And guess what? Rodman's currently sitting in the HOF right now.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond's better than all of the players you've mentioned. Neither won a DPOY either.

Ummm...Ben Wallace won it 4x (tied for the record with Mutombo).

Not to mention, if you look at their defensive +/-, Wallace led the league in it 6x....Green's done it just 1x.

Not really close defensively...

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will have way more assists and steals than all of them, comparable rebounds, and more rings, and more awards.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond was a better distributer of the ball than all of the guys you've mentioned by a long shot. He can also hit the 3. His career will be more comparable to Rodman given that Rodman was a great defender. And guess what? Rodman's currently sitting in the HOF right now.

Again, on what planet was Ben Wallace not a great defender given that he won DPOY 4x and led the league in defensive +/- 6x?