• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it too easy for QBs to be inducted into the HoF?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great Hester debate here got me thinking about all the quarterbacks that get into the Hall of Fame evn though they weren't the top one or two of their era. Does anyone think that we make it too easy on them or too hard for others who have missed the Hall because they're position isn't as "marketable?"

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the way the Colts have fallen apart this year without Manning or the way that my Bears have fallen apart without Cutler or even the way that the Texans offense has struggled without Schaub. Like it or not, quarterback is the most important position. A great QB can turn an average team into a really good one. Considering how instrumental having a good QB is in the NFL, I see no problem at all with the number of QBs in Canton.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the way the Colts have fallen apart this year without Manning or the way that my Bears have fallen apart without Cutler or even the way that the Texans offense has struggled without Schaub. Like it or not, quarterback is the most important position. A great QB can turn an average team into a really good one. Considering how instrumental having a good QB is in the NFL, I see no problem at all with the number of QBs in Canton.

I certainly understand your point. My argument is that it seems like it only takes a good quarterback on a great team to get into the Hall. Sure, the quarterback is the focus of attention, but it isn't meant to be a quarterbacks club. It's a team sport and I'd like to see more TEs, OL, DBs, etc make the cut for being the best at what they do. Oh well..