• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Frank Gore done?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP wrote:
I would say that he is running this way because he got paid and doesn't care anymore, but it did happen last year.

The O-Line was crappy and Gore was coming back from an injury with a short training camp and preseason.

My point now is that some comments were premature and others were flat out disrespectful.

He has been fantastic over the past four games averaging over 130 yards and well over 6 YPC.

I do agree some where way to disrespectful. even when I voiced my concerns, I maintained my respect for Gore and defended him against others going overboard. He is one of my favorite 49ers ever, but I know his time is limited.

With that said I have a hard time agreeing that the concerns where premature. They where defiantly wrong, but again they weren't that outlandish. Gore is at that age, and he does have HUGE history with injuries,

You say "he was coming back from injury" as if that helps your case, but older guys usually have a hard time coming back, which naturally causes people to think "maybe this is it."

Where you defending his return at the time? I honestly don't remember anyone making a case for it. If you did I'll give you credit, but using hindsight on people now won't earn you any points if you didn't.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do agree some where way to disrespectful. even when I voiced my concerns, I maintained my respect for Gore and defended him against others going overboard. He is one of my favorite 49ers ever, but I know his time is limited.

With that said I have a hard time agreeing that the concerns where premature. They where defiantly wrong, but again they weren't that outlandish. Gore is at that age, and he does have HUGE history with injuries,

You say "he was coming back from injury" as if that helps your case, but older guys usually have a hard time coming back, which naturally causes people to think "maybe this is it."

Where you defending his return at the time? I honestly don't remember anyone making a case for it. If you did I'll give you credit, but using hindsight on people now won't earn you any points if you didn't.

My case was that two or three games into a season with a line playing poorly and not much of a passing threat is too early to call a guy done.
Gore is 28 not "in his 30s" as you said he was so he isn't really that old, even for a RB.
I never asked for any credit or points.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My case was that two or three games into a season with a line playing poorly and not much of a passing threat is too early to call a guy done.
Gore is 28 not "in his 30s" as you said he was so he isn't really that old, even for a RB.

Not for a true FUD, it isn't.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even for a RB 28 isn't that old? sorry but that's not the case. I know Imac has broken down the numbers many times, and they show almost universally that this is exactly where backs start to go down hill, there has been very few exceptions.

Gore DID look slow, regardless of the line and QB play, any evaluation of what he did would say he didn't look like his old self. combine that with history of running backs at his age, and his injury plagued history and it wasn't an unreasonable concern to have.

Hindsight is an easy tool to use, but unless you made a case to prove he wasn't done, I see no point in what you are doing. Everyone has already given him credit now that he turned it back around.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not for a true FUD, it isn't.

Okay, I gotta finally ask - what does FUD stand for? (And I know Fears, Uncertainties & Doubts does not apply to a sports forum)

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Gore has NEVER had a passing threat. it's one of the arguments I use when people call Gore overrated. He has done some great things considering every team focused on him entirely.

Using it as an excuse to why he looked slow and broken isn't going to cut it. Do you want to debate that he looked slower than usual and broke down in those games? I really don't think there is a debate that he looked slow and went down very easy in those games.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even for a RB 28 isn't that old? sorry but that's not the case. I know Imac has broken down the numbers many times, and they show almost universally that this is exactly where backs start to go down hill, there has been very few exceptions.

Gore DID look slow, regardless of the line and QB play, any evaluation of what he did would say he didn't look like his old self. combine that with history of running backs at his age, and his injury plagued history and it wasn't an unreasonable concern to have.

Hindsight is an easy tool to use, but unless you made a case to prove he wasn't done, I see no point in what you are doing. Everyone has already given him credit now that he turned it back around.

When you started commenting on his age and decline, you were under the impression that he was in his 30s, your argument doesn't change when it turns out that he is 28?
I don't recall Hangman or imac giving him credit but it really doesn't matter. All I did was post that I didn't think he was done in a thread I remembered from a month ago. At the time I thought it was premature to call him done and shitty to call him lazy and greedy, no big deal.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you started commenting on his age and decline, you were under the impression that he was in his 30s, your argument doesn't change when it turns out that he is 28?
I don't recall Hangman or imac giving him credit but it really doesn't matter. All I did was post that I didn't think he was done in a thread I remembered from a month ago. At the time I thought it was premature to call him done and shitty to call him lazy and greedy, no big deal.

No my argument doesn't change much. 28 is better than 30, but 28 is still old for a RB, plenty have fallen at this point. it's 2 years off of the most talked about age for runningbacks, but how many of those backs had the injury history of Gore? It could have easily effected him.

I'm thankful we where wrong in our concerns though, he turned it around and he is back to his old self. .

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just funny some of the dumb asses out there and then Gore goes for 4 straight games with 130 yards and a TD, and he's one of the better RB's in the league this year

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another factor you got to put into count that this is the first year we have ran the west coast offense and also the lockout could of been a factor why such a slow start..We all shouldn't be to concern about it!! i think gore is having a good year so far.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations for being trolled by that punk.

Silent when the issue is brought up, and then bringing it up well after Gore finally starts playing up to our expectations, acting as if he supported him the entire time.

The person who bumped this and acted as if he knew all along what was going on, is a tool.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Silent when the issue is brought up, and then bringing it up well after Gore finally starts playing up to our expectations, acting as if he supported him the entire time.

The person who bumped this and acted as if he knew all along what was going on, is a tool.

To be fair he did post to say people where being disrespectful to Gore at the time. Just didn't make a case for his return, maybe because he had some doubt himself. :typing:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he did post to say people where being disrespectful to Gore at the time. Just didn't make a case for his return, maybe because he had some doubt himself. :typing:

Disrespectful to Gore's character, not his play. I'd have to go look again, but he highlighted a post implying that Gore got his money and quit...

It goes without saying that was disrespectful to Gore, and most people weren't saying he quit, they were saying that his age and injuries caught up with him.

This is just a troll, pulling the 20/20 hindsight card. It's pathetic.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Punk? Calm down son. I didn't act like I did anything that I didn't do and bumping a premature prediction and disrespectful post is not trolling.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Disrespectful to Gore's character, not his play. I'd have to go look again, but he highlighted a post implying that Gore got his money and quit...

It goes without saying that was disrespectful to Gore, and most people weren't saying he quit, they were saying that his age and injuries caught up with him.

This is just a troll, pulling the 20/20 hindsight card. It's pathetic.

The opening post of this thread mentioned Gore quitting after getting a contract so you can go ahead and fuck yourself and your mixed up idiom. The bump consisted of me saying that I don't think he is done and it wasn't meant as a "I told you so" response.

Last edited by a moderator: