• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Frank Gore done?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Matt but the eyeballs tell a different story than the stats.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here is an article from Matt Maiocco touching on this subject.

Gore, really, got only $2 million guaranteed and he must play and put up big numbers for him to come even close to getting the reported $21 million through the 2014 season.

Gore is in his seventh NFL season, and his commitment level is as high as it's ever been. The blitz pickup aspect of his game is exceptional, and that's all about attitude and knowing one's assignments.

Perhaps Gore has slowed down a bit, but it's impossible to tell at this point. After all, he and Hunter are producing yards at the same low rate.

I agree with that. Maybe he has lost something but he has looked pretty good when he has gotten a hole. Maybe he is trying too hard to justify the holdout and the contract.

You can't really call him washed up based on the season so far. No blocking = no running. That said, I want to see Hunter get some decent PT. That guy looks like a playmaker which we sorely lack.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You gotta go with who is producing. If Gore isn't....then go with Hunter and see what he can do......no room to worry about hurt feelings here....we've got games to win!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You gotta go with who is producing. If Gore isn't....then go with Hunter and see what he can do......no room to worry about hurt feelings here....we've got games to win!

now that Gore is hurt, Hunter will get the load. will he have holes to run thru is another matter?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
now that Gore is hurt, Hunter will get the load. will he have holes to run thru is another matter?

Man, as wide as those ends get on the eagles' D line, I'd expect there would have to be some holes with the gaps they leave. I'd also think the quicker back would have a better chance to exploit those gaps before they close. I'd go with Hunter over Gore.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a complete sack of FUD would say "he's done" in September. Kinda reminds me of the Disney board.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman, with all due respect, I can't even fathom why you think that Gore would suddenly mailing it in because he got paid. This about the guy who went out early for the NFL draft just to be able to pay for his mom's dialysis? This about the guy that has never complained about the offense, his coach, his OC or QB, not nothing not ever? This about the guy that has always played through injuries if at all possible? Gore has played some games with nothing going for him but heart in the past. You making that statement in some pointed criticism. Gore has been the heart and soul of this team almost from day one. This guy CRIED after the Niners re-upped him of his much smaller rookie contracts two years early to reward him for his service for the team. This man has the respect of everyone in that locker room, coach included. This is a rare Niner in the BY category of Niners that have had impact on a particular team that goes far beyond what is done on the field.

I think that the whole offense took some time to understand its collective goals while understanding assignments and as they have become more comfortable, Gore has started to shine. I think last season sucked because of unimaginative playcalling coupled with working behind an unpredicably undependable OL.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was getting worried gore might be done, but he's bounced back from a slow start.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
let's all take a sec to imagine fracturing your femur and then returning to play in the NFL in less than 9 months. simply amazing...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think Gore first few games he was worried about getting hurt again.. if he could take a hit. He got hit and it looked like he was gonna miss few games and then it clicked and he has been on fire ever since. Gotta give the OL and Miller some credit too and the awesome feeling of winning with a bunch of cast off again..... This team reminds me of another team...... I cant put a finger on it.... wait wait its coming to me... the San Francisco Giants. Yeah thats right... a team full of players that people gave up on.. a bunch of misfits... well now its NINER TIME!! It may be Torture... But we wouldnt have it any other way as long as we win!!!

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you look at his stats for this year in 7 games he has 675 yards rushing and 5 Td's that is 2 more tds then what he had in 11 games last year.He need 179 yards to match his total in 11 games last season. I just think we are using him differently and we have hunter if you watch any of the 49ers games this season when gore is tired.Hunter is able to get the job done. I'm not concern if he lost a step or two.He just doesn't need to carry the team anymore!! he is also 5 in the league in rushing yards right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went from horrible to excellent.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at THAT point when this thread was made he did LOOK like he was starting to fall off. It wasn't that unreasonable for fans to think a RB in his 30's, with a huge injury history might have finally started his fall off. Looking back now and saying "oh oh see he is doing good" means nothing, if you didn't stand up and say it back then.

but yes Gore has been great the last few games. still not quiet his old self, there is some times he goes down easier than he used too, but his vision is still amazing.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it has alot do with his injury last year....He is also a 28 year old guy and most running backs only last until there early 30's

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has alot do with his injury last year....He is also a 28 year old guy and most running backs only last until there early 30's

28? thought he reached 30 already

edit:yea he is 28, my memory is off

Last edited by a moderator:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference a month and a healthy Gore make!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at THAT point when this thread was made he did LOOK like he was starting to fall off. It wasn't that unreasonable for fans to think a RB in his 30's, with a huge injury history might have finally started his fall off. Looking back now and saying "oh oh see he is doing good" means nothing, if you didn't stand up and say it back then.

but yes Gore has been great the last few games. still not quiet his old self, there is some times he goes down easier than he used too, but his vision is still amazing.

The OP wrote:
I would say that he is running this way because he got paid and doesn't care anymore, but it did happen last year.

The O-Line was crappy and Gore was coming back from an injury with a short training camp and preseason.

My point now is that some comments were premature and others were flat out disrespectful.

He has been fantastic over the past four games averaging over 130 yards and well over 6 YPC.