• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Aaron Rodgers a TOP 20 quarterback all-time?

Is Aaron Rodgers top 20 all-time?

• Yes

Votes: 68 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • The cheesehead is stupid

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking about some names that maybe deserve to be in tier 2: Warren Moon, Dan Fouts

But who to remove?
Getting down to preferences & opinions now... As I stated, my tiers are more based on accolades in combination with skill.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe flacco and Rodgers have the same number of post season wins.
It's a team sport. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer each won Superbowls as QBs. Dan Marino didn't.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those types can be safely ignored. There's smart, reasonable fans and then there's the idiots. It's just a sport so idiots can say whatever but we know better.

There's people who think LeBron James isn't great, that Aaron Rodgers isn't great....hell HammerDown doesn't think Tom Brady was any good LOL

He also thinks the Patriots front office conspired to cover up Hernandez being a mass murderer and intentionally rewarded him tens of millions for being a murderer. Then, they had him killed in prison because he "knew too much". lol

So, yeah...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team sport. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer each won Superbowls as QBs. Dan Marino didn't.

I think wins and SB wins definitely are a part of the "All-time QB equation"... but it's not near as large of a percentage into it as most make it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting down to preferences & opinions now... As I stated, my tiers are more based on accolades in combination with skill.
Sure, I like your list. But it's ALL preferences and opinions. There's no scientific way to do this.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also thinks the Patriots front office conspired to cover up Hernandez being a mass murderer and intentionally rewarded him tens of millions for being a murderer. Then, they had him killed in prison because he "knew too much". lol

So, yeah...
He's yanking everyone's chain with that stuff

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think wins and SB wins definitely are a part of the "All-time QB equation"... but it's not near as large of a percentage into it as most make it.
I agree to a point, but it's such a team sport that it's hard to really say how much is on the QB.

Someone posted that if Elway had been on the Lions we would look at him like we do Stafford. There's some truth to that. A QB can only do as much as his O line and running game and coach and WRs let him do. And he's only getting to and winning SuperBowls with a decent defense

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those types can be safely ignored. There's smart, reasonable fans and then there's the idiots. It's just a sport so idiots can say whatever but we know better.

There's people who think LeBron James isn't great, that Aaron Rodgers isn't great....hell HammerDown doesn't think Tom Brady was any good LOL
I have Tom Brady, Cal Ripken, Jr., and Bill Russell as the most overrated athletes of our time.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, yeah...
Yeah, that's exactly what I think. :rolleyes2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny how for certain arguments qb wins are a team thing, and for other guys, we point to their record.........im not disagreeing with you FWIW, just pointing that out.

Perfect example is Jimmy G, no im not getting back into that convo again. But an argument i frequently hear from people(not just 49'er fans) is his record. But in the next breath, we will say that wins are a team thing........

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell for the win.
Was literally never even the best player on his own team. Was utterly dominated his entire career by Wilt. Was pedestrian offensively and mediocre defensively, in an era of 6' 5" power forwards, set shots and underhanded free throws.

"But the rings!"

Yeah, in a league of 12 teams (like the Williamsport Barnburners) rigged by Red Auerbach to funnel all the talent to him.

But anyway, don't get me started.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Kobe, Eric Dickerson & Mike Trout.
We should get that thread going. That'll keep us busy for a few weeks. :D

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Tom Brady, Cal Ripken, Jr., and Bill Russell as the most overrated athletes of our time.
Actually you might have a point. I would add Michael Jordan to the list.

Overrated doesn't mean you aren't great, even all time great. It means you are treated even greater than that. People act like MJ never lost a game, never missed a game winning shot. Like Russell would have dominated in the modern game. Like Brady was the only reason the Patriots were great.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny how for certain arguments qb wins are a team thing, and for other guys, we point to their record.........im not disagreeing with you FWIW, just pointing that out.

Perfect example is Jimmy G, no im not getting back into that convo again. But an argument i frequently hear from people(not just 49'er fans) is his record. But in the next breath, we will say that wins are a team thing........
Fair enough, but you can factor it in to determining if a QB is at least effective and gets the job done. Marino was obviously an all time great and it's not his fault he didn't win a Superbowl and Dilfer did. But then again, if a mediocre QB is playing instead of JG, does their team have a 21-5 record and a SB appearance? I say no, I say he's pretty good. Not great (yet, could happen) but better than all but 7-8 of the guys out there now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was literally never even the best player on his own team. Was utterly dominated his entire career by Wilt. Was pedestrian offensively and mediocre defensively, in an era of 6' 5" power forwards, set shots and underhanded free throws.

"But the rings!"

Yeah, in a league of 12 teams (like the Williamsport Barnburners) rigged by Red Auerbach to funnel all the talent to him.

But anyway, don't get me started.

It's incorrect to say Russell played against a bunch of 6-5 power forwards. A few HOFers he played against. Keep in mind some (okay all of them) played a long time ago & in a different era. And Wilt dominated everyone, not just Russell.

Nate Thurmond 6-11
Walt Bellamy 6-11
Jerry Lucas 6-8
Willis Reed 6-9
Dolph Schayes 6-8
Clyde Lovellette 6-9
Bob Pettit 6-9

He was the defensive backbone of the greatest dynasty in NBA history. And one helluva defender. Not saying he's the greatest player, far from it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the defensive backbone of the greatest dynasty in NBA history.
Undeniable. And he was consistently good for a very long time.
And one helluva defender.
...against 6' 5" power forwards. How did he do against Wilt and the others listed?
Wilt dominated everyone, not just Russell.
Great, so we've just proven that Bill Russell isn't the greatest basketball player ever. :suds: