• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Aaron Rodgers a TOP 20 quarterback all-time?

Is Aaron Rodgers top 20 all-time?

• Yes

Votes: 68 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • The cheesehead is stupid

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his pitiful performance in the NFC Championship Game yesterday, he fell to 10-8 all-time in the playoffs. That’s a lower playoff winning percentage than Donovan McNabb.

So, what say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... Based on intangibles alone he's easily still one of the most talented QBs to ever play the game. But if we're basing this on accolades then he might slip to the bottom of the top 20. His stats are still great.

Tier 1
Brady
Montana
Manning
Brees
Unitas
Marino
Staubach
Favre
Young
Elway

Tier 2
Bradshaw
Rodgers
Starr
Aikman
Graham
Warner
Kelly
Tarkenton
Roethlisberger
Wilson

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... Based on intangibles alone he's easily still one of the most talented QBs to ever play the game. But if we're basing this on accolades then he might slip to the bottom of the top 20. His stats are still great.

Tier 1
Brady
Montana
Manning
Brees
Unitas
Marino
Staubach
Elway
Favre
Young

Tier 2
Bradshaw
Rodgers
Starr
Aikman
Graham
Warner
Kelly
Tarkenton
Roethlisberger
Wilson

No way Elway is tier 1 and Rodgers is tier 2

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never seen a player benefit more from poor officiating than AR. Is that his fault? Not sure but it works against his legacy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Elway is tier 1 and Rodgers is tier 2
I was apprehensive about putting him up there. But considering he led a team to 5 super bowls... Quite the feat regardless of how meager his numbers ended up. 300 TDs is still good enough for a top 10 spot, but its the stink of those 226 career interceptions that makes it hard to stomach lol.

Feel free to make your own list thar Nos!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was apprehensive about putting him up there. But considering he led a team to 5 super bowls... Quite the feat regardless of how meager his numbers ended up. 300 TDs is still good enough for a top 10 spot, but its the stink of those 226 career interceptions that makes it hard to stomach lol.

Feel free to make your own list thar Nos!

I'll just use your list and switch Rodgers and Elway. I might put Aikman in tier one as well. His numbers would be a lot sexier if they didn't hand it to Emmitt as many times as it took to score in the red zone.

Elway has arguably the two worst Super Bowl performances all time and he only won because he had TD. IMO he is the most overrated QB of all time.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his pitiful performance in the NFC Championship Game yesterday, he fell to 10-8 all-time in the playoffs. That’s a lower playoff winning percentage than Donovan McNabb.

So, what say you?

What is Wentz's playoff record?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just use your list and switch Rodgers and Elway. I might put Aikman in tier one as well. His numbers would be a lot sexier if they didn't hand it to Emmitt as many times as it took to score in the red zone.

Elway has arguably the two worst Super Bowl performances all time and he only won because he had TD. IMO he is the most overrated QB of all time.
About the only thing I liked more about Elway than Aikman was his mobility. But as far as accolades go, both had quite the supporting cast for their postseason accomplishments. Elway to a lesser degree because Terrell Davis only had like 4 good years in him to support that team before injuries plagued him. Elway's best teams were from that 4 year period ('95-98), which was in the twilight of his career. Prior to that his skill teammates weren't that great from '83-'94 but he still managed to make the pro bowl (back when the Pro bowl actually meant something) 6 times out of those 12 seasons before Terrell Davis.

Truthfully, probably only 40-60% of a QBs passing numbers are a reflection of the QB himself.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Wentz's playoff record?

0-1 with a TKO in the 1st round...but he’s still got a long way to go before he reaches Rodgers for total number of excuses for lack of playoff success.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wait till Guns and Guitars and derski get here.
hqdefault.jpg

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only thing I liked more about Elway than Aikman was his mobility. But as far as accolades go, both had quite the supporting cast for their postseason accomplishments. Elway to a lesser degree because Terrell Davis only had like 4 good years in him to support that team before injuries plagued him. Elway's best teams were from that 4 year period ('95-98), which was in the twilight of his career. Prior to that his skill teammates weren't that great from '83-'94 but he still managed to make the pro bowl (back when the Pro bowl actually meant something) 6 times out of those 12 seasons before Terrell Davis.

Truthfully, probably only 40-60% of a QBs passing numbers are a reflection of the QB himself.

The only thing I liked more about Elway is he would actually eat the oats right out of your hand...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would I be jealous? I’ve seen the Packers win the same number of Super Bowls as the Eagles during my adult life. Do you think that Super Bowl win means less to me because Wentz didn’t win it for us?

Going forward, Wentz is infinitely more likely to win one than Rodgers. This was probably Rodgers’ last chance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tier 1
Brady
Montana
Manning
Brees
Unitas
Marino
Staubach
Favre
Young
Elway

Tier 2
Bradshaw
Rodgers
Starr
Aikman
Graham
Warner
Kelly
Tarkenton
Roethlisberger
Wilson

You lost me there lol. Flip Elway and Rodgers and the list is much better...don't really disagree with any others

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I be jealous? I’ve seen the Packers win the same number of Super Bowls as the Eagles during my adult life. Do you think that Super Bowl win means less to me because Wentz didn’t win it for us?

Going forward, Wentz is infinitely more likely to win one than Rodgers. This was probably Rodgers’ last chance.

Keep wishing for the stars brother.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never quite understood the hype around Aikman's career. To me he was an average QB on a great team. And if he didn't have 3 rings there is no way he'd be in the HOF based off just his stats. Because if you believe Aikman's career stats are HOF worthy or make him a top 20 QB of all time then you must also think that Matt Hasselbeck is top 20 all time too. Seriously, look at both QB and compare them. You could argue that Hass had the better career, he just didn't win the rings (although he probably should have one from 2005). I use Hasselbeck for this example because I'm familiar with him as a Seahawk fan, and because I don't think you could find a single HOF voter that would say he is HOF worthy based off of his career stats.

Aikman: 32942 yards, 165 TDs, 141 INTs, 81.6 career rating.
Hasselbeck: 36638 yards, 212 TDs, 153 INTs, 82.4 career rating.

I'm not bashing Aikman, I actually like the guy, but I just think he was a tad over rated. He was part of that Cowboy's dynasty so I guess that carries him a long way in the minds of many people.