• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irving: "I was defending James"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie on flagrant foul: I was protecting LeBron

CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving slammed Philadelphia 76ers forward Justin Anderson into the sideline to earn a flagrant foul less than 90 seconds into the game Friday night and declared it payback for rough treatment of Cavaliers teammate LeBron James.

Anderson appeared to shove James from behind moments before and James fell to the court. Irving reacted when Anderson next got the ball and pushed him into the Sixers' bench.

"Whether it was malicious or not ... I kinda saw Justin kinda lower his shoulder and knock down Bron," Irving said. "I was like ... I gotta do something, I've got to protect my brother. A lot of late hits on Bron, a lot of guys trying to get one over on him. It's over for that, it's over for that."

Said James: "He was protecting me from getting shoved. It's about it being a brotherhood around here and not letting anything happen to each other."

The play seemed to set a tone for the Cavs, who jumped out to a huge first-half lead and broke their three-game losing streak with a 122-105 victory.

The team had meetings in the locker room following losses in San Antonio and Chicago earlier this week. Prior to the game Friday, coach Tyronn Lue indicated it was time to stop talking and to start acting.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hits" on LeBron - who fakes worse then a professional soccer player.....

With that said... I am not saying Bron sucks as a player because he is a nasty player! Amazing player!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of a guy who is 6'3 190 protecting a guy who is 6'8" 250 being pretty funny, I have no issue with that. About time the Cavs showed some toughness.

Reminds me of some of the vigilante justice of the 80's and 90's that I loved.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this bc they havent had a pulse for over a month. This could be a turning point and if not it is still a step in the right direction. The Cavs are usually a tough team and I havent seen that of late

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this bc they havent had a pulse for over a month. This could be a turning point and if not it is still a step in the right direction. The Cavs are usually a tough team and I havent seen that of late

I have no issue with what Kyrie did but turning point? They played the freaking Sixers. Stop it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with what Kyrie did but turning point? They played the freaking Sixers. Stop it

You misunderstood me. The win wasnt a turning point, the Sixers suck but them act giving a shit and not going out there looking like zombies and the fact they showed some toughness. Havent seen that in awhile, it is a step forward for their team, the win itself is meaningless

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Kyrie can't put that much intensity in his defense, cause the Cavs sucks when the other team has the ball

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Trojan, its about time we start getting the NBA back to a point where winning matters more than PR for my shoe deals.........................

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Trojan, its about time we start getting the NBA back to a point where winning matters more than PR for my shoe deals.........................

Too bad it will never happen. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in the turning point comment- its about time this team started to develop an identity with some toughness. If that takes a few flagrants here or there and people to lay out the opposition when they cheap shot Bron so be it.

LeBron takes more hits than anyone in the league - and he always has the class and the discipline not to fight back because he doesnt want to hurt his team----- like Nick Young a couple weeks ago getting hit in the face--- flips out- --- if LeBron flipped out like that every time he got hit in the face he would be leading the league in techs.

I hope they keep it up---

the score from last nights game is irrelevant- as is the score from the previous game--- who cares- what the score is- who wins who losses

whats important is that these guys get an identity and some toughness and some continuity- and we saw that at times last night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs need Irving to stay hungry and stay aggressive and play with an edge--- they need that out of everyone.

honestly- if there is one guy that COULD actually use a few games off more than anyone though its Tristan Thompson. This guy has played the center position ALL YEAR having to body up guys that are a lot bigger and stronger then he is--- but he plays his ass off every game- is out there every game- never complains about his touches.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Whether it was malicious or not ... I kinda saw Justin kinda lower his shoulder and knock down Bron," Irving said. "I was like ... I gotta do something, I've got to protect my brother. A lot of late hits on Bron, a lot of guys trying to get one over on him. It's over for that, it's over for that."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagesOKEG5BO8.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images0TV8RQ5X.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Kyrie can't put that much intensity in his defense, cause the Cavs sucks when the other team has the ball

The Cavs D isn't that bad.

-signed: wiggy

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"shake with abject terror, NBA!"WiggyRuss:dhd:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stupid thing to even suggest.
It will lead to teams putting some scrub on the court just trying to cause havoc to get an ejection.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will lead to teams putting some scrub on the court just trying to cause havoc to get an ejection.

and why all of a sudden does Lebron's teammates feel the "need" to protect him?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good point.

One of the things about the "old-school mentality" of protecting your teammates was that refs allowed you to protect your teammates back then.

With the way the game is officiated today, will the NBA and its refs allow this kind of toughness to come back to the game?

Especially with the over-dramatic bullshit flopping already so prevalent in the league.

I can already see a scrub off the bench give LeBron a hard foul and then go flinging himself into the third row when Kyrie gives him a hard foul in return.