• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ja'wuan James

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton seems very excited about him. Raved about him today saying he has been looking great Fully expects him to slide back into his starting spot and is depending on him. (Until he gets injured ;))

I said this last year when everyone was dogging James for opting out last year. I really think long term it could be the best thing for him and us. I think mentally and physically he needed a year off. I looked at it more of a positive in the long term. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton seems very excited about him. Raved about him today saying he has been looking great Fully expects him to slide back into his starting spot and is depending on him. (Until he gets injured ;))

I said this last year when everyone was dogging James for opting out last year. I really think long term it could be the best thing for him and us. I think mentally and physically he needed a year off. I looked at it more of a positive in the long term. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
Paton says nice things about everyone - he had his fingers crossed. As you allude to - so far it is $51 million guaranteed and about 6 full games played.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think OT is out of the draft picture by any means. We need depth there and BPA is always intriguing. I also wouldn't draft one just to draft one....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton says nice things about everyone - he had his fingers crossed. As you allude to - so far it is $51 million guaranteed and about 6 full games played.

Right- but he did go out of his way to praise him- That counts for something. Then again talent has never been a question mark for James... Lets remember how much John Elway loved James though. He nearly traded CJ Anderson for him the year before. James is a good RT when healthy but lets be honest. Elway overrated him a tad with the contract he gave him. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think OT is out of the draft picture by any means. We need depth there and BPA is always intriguing. I also wouldn't draft one just to draft one....

Only positions out of the picture according to Paton are WR and Kicker. At least early on.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only positions out of the picture according to Paton are WR and Kicker. At least early on.
While I agree 100% can I still pause about adding Waddle to WR corps :)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to agree. But next thing you know JJ pulls off his helmet and strains an earlobe, and on IR he goes.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the signing, thought we overpaid by a large margin at the time. Hopefully he turns it around and makes me look stupid. And that’s not a tall task

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to agree. But next thing you know JJ pulls off his helmet and strains an earlobe, and on IR he goes.
Yeah but, it will be a contract year and he has an attached ear lobe - not a hangy down ear lobe.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would, because I want James gone after this year. If the Broncos could somehow pull off trading him (IMO highly doubtful) then the dead money/cap hit would be manageable but I don't expect that to happen. There is a sweet spot in the draft at the top of the second round to get our future long term starter at Right Tackle. There is a cluster of really, really good looking prospects. Guys that conceivably could come in and take the job away from James this season. We have Bolles at LT playing well. We have Risner/Glasgow/Muti at Guard and the best two of those three will handle those jobs well. We have Krunchberry at Center coming back from an off season of conditioning with a full season under his belt. And, by the way, Glasgow can play Center as well. We have 4/5 of a functional young starting line. We need a RT and a Swing Tackle. Let's go get our RT right now, in the second round of this draft. I wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on a 2nd Tackle as well. One that has shown promise on both sides to be the Swing.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but, it will be a contract year and he has an attached ear lobe - not a hangy down ear lobe.
James has 2 years left on his deal because last year didn’t count with his opt out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James has 2 years left on his deal because last year didn’t count with his opt out.
Ha - thanks - makes all the difference in the world. Next year though, he can be cut for far less dead money than this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, because I want James gone after this year. If the Broncos could somehow pull off trading him (IMO highly doubtful) then the dead money/cap hit would be manageable but I don't expect that to happen. There is a sweet spot in the draft at the top of the second round to get our future long term starter at Right Tackle. There is a cluster of really, really good looking prospects. Guys that conceivably could come in and take the job away from James this season. We have Bolles at LT playing well. We have Risner/Glasgow/Muti at Guard and the best two of those three will handle those jobs well. We have Krunchberry at Center coming back from an off season of conditioning with a full season under his belt. And, by the way, Glasgow can play Center as well. We have 4/5 of a functional young starting line. We need a RT and a Swing Tackle. Let's go get our RT right now, in the second round of this draft. I wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on a 2nd Tackle as well. One that has shown promise on both sides to be the Swing.

I'm actually thinking 3rd round is the sweet spot. I don't think there is a huge difference betwee guys like Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, and Mayfield compared to guys possibly in the 3rd like Brown, Forsythe, Little, Hudson types. Maybe a little more NFL ready, but if we are looking for guys that can sit for a year then step in and play well I think 3rd round is where I am looking.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually thinking 3rd round is the sweet spot. I don't think there is a huge difference betwee guys like Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, and Mayfield compared to guys possibly in the 3rd like Brown, Forsythe, Little, Hudson types. Maybe a little more NFL ready, but if we are looking for guys that can sit for a year then step in and play well I think 3rd round is where I am looking.

The difference I'm seeing is that those 2nd round guys are further along in their development. So I'm thinking that they have demonstrated a higher floor. That doesn't mean a 3rd rounder can't develop into the long term answer at RT for us but it means that I consider the risk of a bust as greater than acceptable. I want as close to a sure thing as possible so we can finally move on from having a shitty line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference I'm seeing is that those 2nd round guys are further along in their development. So I'm thinking that they have demonstrated a higher floor. That doesn't mean a 3rd rounder can't develop into the long term answer at RT for us but it means that I consider the risk of a bust as greater than acceptable. I want as close to a sure thing as possible so we can finally move on from having a shitty line.
My thought is Munchak is what makes them as sure of a thing as possible. I don't think there is another coach in the NFL that I have more confidence in than Munchak to really turn a player into a star. What he did with Bolles is nothing short of incredible. I expect the unit this year to be a top-10 unit in big part because of him.

So that is why I'm willing to take a player with a little more rawness and trust that Munchak will do something with that.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is Munchak is what makes them as sure of a thing as possible. I don't think there is another coach in the NFL that I have more confidence in than Munchak to really turn a player into a star. What he did with Bolles is nothing short of incredible. I expect the unit this year to be a top-10 unit in big part because of him.

So that is why I'm willing to take a player with a little more rawness and trust that Munchak will do something with that.

Sure, we do have Munchak. And I want to draft a player for him that's going to be rock solid for us for a decade plus. I think we have 4/5 of a great young line. I want the other 1/5 now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we do have Munchak. And I want to draft a player for him that's going to be rock solid for us for a decade plus. I think we have 4/5 of a great young line. I want the other 1/5 now.

I'm with you. I do want that last piece of the puzzle. And if it happens in the 2nd round or heck even in the 1st round I'm not going to question it. To me Munchak bumps every player up a level. If you were set to be an average OL player he bumps you up to above average. Above average to good. Good to great. Great to HOF. So you give him a great prospect like Sewell or Slater and watch out!

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. I do want that last piece of the puzzle. And if it happens in the 2nd round or heck even in the 1st round I'm not going to question it. To me Munchak bumps every player up a level. If you were set to be an average OL player he bumps you up to above average. Above average to good. Good to great. Great to HOF. So you give him a great prospect like Sewell or Slater and watch out!

Yeah. I beleive that too. It may happen that Sewell or Slater end up being the BPA at #9 and either one would be hard to pass up, but I like Parsons in round one and an OT in two.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I beleive that too. It may happen that Sewell or Slater end up being the BPA at #9 and either one would be hard to pass up, but I like Parsons in round one and an OT in two.

I'm not that high on Parsons. Off the field issues, maturity concerns, and just the rawness of his game make him too big of a risk for me to want to take him round 1. Throw in I love a lot of the off-ball LB's in this draft that I think could be better day 1 impact players than Parsons. If the Broncos take him I'll trust that Fangio can get the most out of him, but I would be really having a lot of alarm bells going off.