• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two points of interest regarding the 9er game from a Barnwell article:

*Niners spent most of the game against Seattle in a 2-4-5 look, with Nnamdi Asomugha taking 42 snaps as the nickel cornerback.

WTF was Harbaugh thinking here? He did manage to shut down the passing game pretty good, but the D ended up getting ran over.
I guess that it was too late to make adjustments since the real damage occured in the 2nd half?
It seems like a screwed up game plan to take against Seattle. The team that rushed the most last year and you throw a 2-4-5 out there for the majority of the snaps?!? I am confused on the train of thought.

*Seattle's leading defensive tackle in the game against the 49ers was an interesting story. D'Anthony Smith knew before the season that he would be suiting up in Seattle in September, but he thought it would be as an opponent; he was in training camp with the Jaguars, who play in Seattle next week. Seattle traded a draft pick to Jacksonville at the end of training camp to acquire Smith, and there he was on Sunday, playing 61 percent of Seattle's defensive snaps.

I know that this happened because of injuries, but still a bit of a surprise. I am glad that he stepped up and filled in since I know that Mebane was also a bit beat up.

Hopefully these guys can get healed up and rested. If Smith can also contribute, it is yet another cog in an already possibly great DL.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is never too late to adjust. The fact that SF did not start changing up its defensive packages when Seattle started pounding the ground game is inexcusable IMO.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnwell's stuff is usually pretty good, as is a lot of the stuff on Grantland. I like reading his game breakdowns every week.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF did lose their NT Williams during the game though. But I can't remember how much of the game he missed (I got freakin hammered during the game)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes little sense going into the game as you want to make your opponent one dimensional so you only have one aspect of the game to worry about. The problem though is the Seahawks are such a powerfully balanced team. We can beat you with the run game or the passing/Wilson scrambling game. We don't need both clicking in order to win.

It was a mistake if they didn't make an adjustment into the 2nd half.