• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really thinking that he is single handedly ruining the Board, but now I'm starting to think that if we just take him for what he really is (like the crazy guy every Town has on the corner that has been talking to himself for 20 years) and wait excitedly for his next post with a bag of popcorn and get ready for the lunacy that it's sure to be chock full of, it could be the best thing for this place. I wonder if he acts out his posts in his padded room while he's writing them. It's better than movie night!!! People could come from all over the internet just to see what he says next!!! :pop2:

I got mine :pop2:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wrong before...just not this time
I cued the circus music on the second day of his rebirth

When I first joined the board there were many on here that thought I was WFRYE. Because of that I generally try to stay out of these witch hunts. But I think you nailed this one PDAY, and you had it almost right from the start.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry jones is acutally thinking smart no spending alot on a rb when they have such a good oline but will it come back to fail him once the season starts....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, Colors and Manster

whole lotta years right there and besides...can't hide football clueless on a football chat page.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry jones is acutally thinking smart no spending alot on a rb when they have such a good oline but will it come back to fail him once the season starts....
I don't think they are done at RB yet. Whether it's a Gurley or Coleman in the 1st round, or someone like Ajayi in the 2nd, I think they add a between the tackles runner in the draft

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So......AP becomes available, Dallas gives up their 1st round pick who could be a cornerstone player(again, the last 5 years the Cowboys have drafted 4 Pro Bowlers in the 1st round, Martin, Fredrick, Smith and Dez) for a 30 year old RB. Then pay him $10-12 million a year(he's not taking a pay cut. So in addition to giving up a young starting DT or Corner, the Cowboys will be on the hook for a combined $20 million+ next season to a very soon to be over the hill RB and a DE who may or may not play, both of whom are one false step away from a year long ban. Brilliant

I had this discussion with my old man the other day. His response was, would it be worth it if he brought the Cowboys a Superbowl? My dad is of the opinion that AP can be the guy to do that.

I am not as sold on him at this point but a SB is worth a first rounder, $25M and a set back for a couple of years afterwards IMO. I want another Ring Gosh Darnit!!! Just not sure AP is the guy who can do it like my old man does.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this discussion with my old man the other day. His response was, would it be worth it if he brought the Cowboys a Superbowl? My dad is of the opinion that AP can be the guy to do that.

I am not as sold on him at this point but a SB is worth a first rounder, $25M and a set back for a couple of years afterwards IMO. I want another Ring Gosh Darnit!!! Just not sure AP is the guy who can do it like my old man does.
I think a 26 year old AP might be enough, maybe. But he's 30. His last full season he ran for 600 less yards than Murray and less YPC. Now, let's say behind the Cowboys OL, he could still get it done......how many yards could he run for? 1900? 2000? An extra 100 yards(maybe) wouldn't be worth the price IMO

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is there is no guarantee he will bring a SN nor that a rookie won't. What trading for him WILL do is cost valuable draft picks with a high probability of crippling the franchise going forward. We've tried the two 1st for a player twice already. How has that worked out?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is there is no guarantee he will bring a SB nor that a rookie won't. What trading for him WILL do is cost valuable draft picks with a high probability of crippling the franchise going forward. We've tried the two 1st for a player twice already. How has that worked out?

Typo fixed

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, Colors and Manster

whole lotta years right there and besides...can't hide football clueless on a football chat page.

TY for the Props Pday

Scattershooting while wondering what WFRYE is going to be football clueless about next?

Major apologies to the awesome Blackie Sherrod but he would skewer the Fry guy in seconds

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is there is no guarantee he will bring a SN nor that a rookie won't. What trading for him WILL do is cost valuable draft picks with a high probability of crippling the franchise going forward. We've tried the two 1st for a player twice already. How has that worked out?

I agree, but would a SB be worth a first rounder, $25 mill and cap/personnel problems for a few years after? Would that be worth it for you? It would be for me. And, again, I agree with you that this is not the solution.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but would a SB be worth a first rounder, $25 mill and cap/personnel problems for a few years after? Would that be worth it for you? It would be for me. And, again, I agree with you that this is not the solution.

Good question. I will counter with how would you feel about giving up that pick, paying that $$$$, and have those Cap/personnel issues with no SB to show for it. Not a gamble is take.
I cannot guarantee we won't wonthat SB, can you guarantee we do?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely!!! Is there even a question??? But, the key is that he nor any other player (and certainly no RB) guarantees you a SB and in this case He doesn't make us anywhere near "better enough" to offset his salary alone. throw in trading a draft pick for him and I just don't even see the logic behind considering it, let alone actually doing it...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keeps this in mind. At the the start of the 2015 season AP will have played only one game in almost 2 years.
That is a long time to be away for a (half way to 31) year old RB that is expected to carry the load.

Playing the NFL games puts you in a different level of conditioning. Having an off season is one thing, but what happens when you have one 3 times longer ..give or take.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo's Charles Robinson says the Cardinals, Bucs and Jaguars are left in the Adrian Peterson race.

Robinson also wouldn't rule out the Falcons. Of course, this all assumes the Vikings are willing to trade Peterson -- so far they've shown no desire to do so whatsoever. It's unlikely they'd get anything near fair value for a 30-year-old running back due $12.75 million. One team notably missing from Robinson's list is the Cowboys, who he says aren't interested at all. "Whoever says otherwise is 1,000 percent wrong."
Related: Cardinals, Cowboys, Jaguars, Buccaneers

Source: Arizonasports.com
Apr 23 - 12:43 PM

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo's Charles Robinson says the Cardinals, Bucs and Jaguars are left in the Adrian Peterson race.

Robinson also wouldn't rule out the Falcons. Of course, this all assumes the Vikings are willing to trade Peterson -- so far they've shown no desire to do so whatsoever. It's unlikely they'd get anything near fair value for a 30-year-old running back due $12.75 million. One team notably missing from Robinson's list is the Cowboys, who he says aren't interested at all. "Whoever says otherwise is 1,000 percent wrong."
PM

This was just way too funny and fitting to not post...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that both the Cardinals & Cowboys would trade for AP if the cost was a 3rd round pick & AP is willing to play for about $6.5 mil a season. But I just don't see the Vikings or AP reducing their price tag.

He will either play for the Vikings, sit on the bench for the Vikings, or go to a terrible team who coughs up Minnesota's current asking price. AP has zero leverage & Minnesota is holding all the cards.