• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just way too funny and fitting to not post...
I am sure that both the Cardinals & Cowboys would trade for AP if the cost was a 3rd round pick & AP is willing to play for about $6.5 mil a season. But I just don't see the Vikings or AP reducing their price tag.

He will either play for the Vikings, sit on the bench for the Vikings, or go to a terrible team who coughs up Minnesota's current asking price. AP has zero leverage & Minnesota is holding all the cards.

If this was the price I'd be in on the AP sweepstakes.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are done at RB yet. Whether it's a Gurley or Coleman in the 1st round, or someone like Ajayi in the 2nd, I think they add a between the tackles runner in the draft

i agree that we aren't set at RB, just because we have a good OL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was the price I'd be in on the AP sweepstakes.

I was going to say the same thing. 3 years $18M??? I'll even give up an early pick for that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that both the Cardinals & Cowboys would trade for AP if the cost was a 3rd round pick & AP is willing to play for about $6.5 mil a season. But I just don't see the Vikings or AP reducing their price tag.

He will either play for the Vikings, sit on the bench for the Vikings, or go to a terrible team who coughs up Minnesota's current asking price. AP has zero leverage & Minnesota is holding all the cards.
If $6.5 million were the offer, AP would have a sudden rebirth of love for his Vikings family...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If $6.5 million were the offer, AP would have a sudden rebirth of love for his Vikings family...

i could see him agreeing to 7.5 to 8 but not lower. that's why i suggested a contract extension from 3 to 5 years at the same 47.4M he is owed now with 25M guaranteed

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could see him agreeing to 7.5 to 8 but not lower. that's why i suggested a contract extension from 3 to 5 years at the same 47.4M he is owed now with 25M guaranteed

I would not want to give a 30year old RB a five year deal. Count me out.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither would i but that would probably be what it would take

When you said "Why I suggested a contract extension from 3 to 5 years" I took that as you saying giving him a 5 year deal is a good idea. Maybe I misunderstood but giving a 30 year old RB a 5 year deal is a bad idea. OL and Punters over 30 fine any other position over 30 I don't give that length of a deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you said "Why I suggested a contract extension from 3 to 5 years" I took that as you saying giving him a 5 year deal is a good idea. Maybe I misunderstood but giving a 30 year old RB a 5 year deal is a bad idea. OL and Punters over 30 fine any other position over 30 I don't give that length of a deal.

when i originally commented on AP i said that i was opposed to doing it because of the cap situation but if we did consider it we would have to offer bodies + draft choices to get him and restructure his existing contract to salvage cap space. that would entail something like extending the number of years and guaranteeing at least half of the money. personally i'm still totally opposed to doing it but knowing JJ this would be what i would expect him to do to get AP

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i just read a new 7-round mock draft on nfl.com that shows us taking Melvin Gordon at 27 and Damarious Randle at 60 and i would prefer that to giving bodies and draft picks for AP

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i just read a new 7-round mock draft on nfl.com that shows us taking Melvin Gordon at 27 and Damarious Randle at 60 and i would prefer that to giving bodies and draft picks for AP
It's going to be real interesting to see how it shakes out. It sounds like Gurley is flying back up a lot of boards, and if he ends up going in the top 10-12, it's hard to imagine Gordon making it to 27, which MIGHT bump another talented corner down a slot or two, with Dallas having a shot at Jones, Johnson or Peters. If that's the scenario though, there's a good chance Coleman and Ajayi are gone by the time Dallas gets back on the clock at 60. I think there's a very good chance Dallas either trades back a few spots in the 1st, or trades up in the 2nd, to come away with the CB/RB combo they want

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on what CB's are available in the 1st I'd be ok with this.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that both the Cardinals & Cowboys would trade for AP if the cost was a 3rd round pick & AP is willing to play for about $6.5 mil a season. But I just don't see the Vikings or AP reducing their price tag...
At that price almost every team would be interested, even if it was purely to stop a divisional rival from signing him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be real interesting to see how it shakes out. It sounds like Gurley is flying back up a lot of boards, and if he ends up going in the top 10-12, it's hard to imagine Gordon making it to 27, which MIGHT bump another talented corner down a slot or two, with Dallas having a shot at Jones, Johnson or Peters. If that's the scenario though, there's a good chance Coleman and Ajayi are gone by the time Dallas gets back on the clock at 60. I think there's a very good chance Dallas either trades back a few spots in the 1st, or trades up in the 2nd, to come away with the CB/RB combo they want

i like the odds

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see a player with AP's ability heading into season with no guaranteed cash...just me. Either he will stand by his word and "look for a new start" elsewhere, or he will go for the guaranteed cash in Minny (and look like a sell-out). Either way, this team would be better off by far with a sure thing like AP over the next 2-3 years with Romo, Dez, OLine, then drafting any unproven rookie RB in this draft (with the exception of Gurley). They have already proven they could win in the playoffs and reach the SB (well, fell one game short of playing for the SB on the road), without a stout D and no Hardy, so giving up a draft pick(s) they were going to use on a RB anyway, btw, they also have comp picks next year so giving up a future pick will not hurt them as much also for a team with a win now mentality, not to mention the Vikes moving to a new stadium next year and being able to sell a future pick to their fan base, coupled with AP's desire to play for Cowboys and a willingness to restructure any deal, makes any potential AP trade a win win for both teams.

I think Carr wakes up and restructures his deal after the draft just like Free did (simply cannot justify his contract), or good luck trying to play elsewhere after June 1st for anywhere near what his current deal is after the market has already dried up. I think Carr and Scandrick as their expected starters going into season does not force a reach in the 1st or 2nd rounds @ CB in this draft. IF Hardy's 10 game ban is eventually reduced to let's say 6 games, I don't see the need to reach for DE as well in draft, so trading away pick(s) and/or a player for AP does not become a crippling factor for any of their immediate plans or for this team and their obvious need to win now imo.

Team just cannot be expected to have the same mentality about building through the draft now then as if Romo were much younger imo.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see a player with AP's ability heading into season with no guaranteed cash...just me. Either he will stand by his word and "look for a new start" elsewhere, or he will go for the guaranteed cash in Minny (and look like a sell-out). Either way, this team would be better off by far with a sure thing like AP over the next 2-3 years with Romo, Dez, OLine, then drafting any unproven rookie RB in this draft (with the exception of Gurley). They have already proven they could win in the playoffs and reach the SB (well, fell one game short of playing for the SB on the road), without a stout D and no Hardy, so giving up a draft pick(s) they were going to use on a RB anyway, btw, they also have comp picks next year so giving up a future pick will not hurt them as much also for a team with a win now mentality, not to mention the Vikes moving to a new stadium next year and being able to sell a future pick to their fan base, coupled with AP's desire to play for Cowboys and a willingness to restructure any deal, makes any potential AP trade a win win for both teams.

I think Carr wakes up and restructures his deal after the draft just like Free did (simply cannot justify his contract), or good luck trying to play elsewhere after June 1st for anywhere near what his current deal is after the market has already dried up. I think Carr and Scandrick as their expected starters going into season does not force a reach in the 1st or 2nd rounds @ CB in this draft. IF Hardy's 10 game ban is eventually reduced to let's say 6 games, I don't see the need to reach for DE as well in draft, so trading away pick(s) and/or a player for AP does not become a crippling factor for any of their immediate plans or for this team and their obvious need to win now imo.

Team just cannot be expected to have the same mentality about building through the draft now then as if Romo were much younger imo.
:wash:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some people never grow up.

So tell me champ, what rookie RBs have came straight in and set the league on fire since AP and Lynch were drafted?? This "great" OL can be reduced to a below average OL in the blink of an eye. All you need is a couple of unexpected injuries along the OL over the course of a long preseason and season lol. Some of you kids here have no clue, and only live in a world of fairytale draft picks and chocalate covered instant all pros.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz. This is still going on?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people never grow up.

So tell me champ, what rookie RBs have came straight in and set the league on fire since AP and Lynch were drafted?? This "great" OL can be reduced to a below average OL in the blink of an eye. All you need is a couple of unexpected injuries along the OL over the course of a long preseason and season lol. Some of you kids here have no clue, and only live in a world of fairytale draft picks and chocalate covered instant all pros.
Oh well I'd rather live in a world of fairytale draft picks and chocalate covered instant all pros instead of bringing up an idea over and over again that would be a jerry splash move that almost certainly sets the franchise back 6 to 10 years.

Look numb-nuts we battled through jerrys mistakes for years. It seams Steven as finally ended these yearly roster mistakes and you can't let this one go.