• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, and then what do you do when the other 52 guys on your roster all decide they'd rather go play somewhere else too? You gonna let them all go and field an arena league caliber team, or just out yourself as a hypocrite?
No player in the NFL goes half speed. Number one, they would get seriously injured, number two, if they did go half ass, no team would sign him for anywhere even close to the money he wants if he did gain his release. King of clueless.....

Like it or not, you don't really control players with contracts only in today's professional sports world. When your paying out huge sums of money to star players, you risk not getting back the return you expect in your investment if they steadfastly employ their will and demand out of an environment. You can't just simply ignore that with today's players just because of a contract lol...

Players have demanded trades in the past because of unforeseen circumstances developing after a contract was signed years previously, and it will happen again in the future I'm sure lol. Teams have also accommodated those players with trades before obviously to avoid any further team distractions and not risk losing even more in any investment. So I ask you, which of us is really clueless here??

52 players demanding a trade???...lol. Great analogy, you go over the top often to try and get your point across? Yeah, I forgot you do.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not, you don't control players with contracts only in today's professional sports world. When your paying out huge sums of money to star players, you risk not getting back the return you expect in your investment if they steadfastly employ their will and demand out of an environment. You can't just simply ignore that with today's players just because of a contract lol...

Players have demanded trades in the past because of of unforeseen circumstances developing after a contract was signed years previously, and will happen again in the future I'm sure lol. Teams have also accommodated those players with trades before obviously to avoid any further team distractions and not risk losing even more in any investment. So I ask you, which of us is really clueless here??

52 players demanding a trade???...lol. Great analogy, you go over the top often to try and make your point? Yeah I forgot you do.
I was just pointing out how stupid your premise was. The guy just sat a season for beating his kid, he's a 30 year old RB, and you think faking an injury will force their hand. Absurd

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings have more balls than Greg gives them credit for

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were AP and any team tried to force me to play, although I don't know what dumbass hick sports organization would even think that in today's world, I would definitely not renegotiate my current contract and give them 50% effort for the first game of season, and then fake an old injury. Then sit there on the bench and collect game checks while being their "face of the franchise" lol....yup a great way to build a young team and improve team morale, while not creating even more team distractions after just enduring a team media circus the year before with that same player??

Yup, we don't care, "play for us, or play for no one AP"...right? Lol....it's just that simple. :noidea:

Wasn't this the same team that said more than once that they would accommodate me if I wanted out??...and that Percy Harvin demanded a trade from, and they accommodated him??....just saying.

:thumb:
Why compare AP to Harvin? They're not even similar types of player and the team that traded for Harvin ended up regretting it.
Harvin was outperforming his contract, had 1 year left on his deal, and wanted a lot more money. Multiple teams were interested in trading for Harvin since he was worth more than he was being paid. AP only played 1 game last year so he's not outperforming his contract. He has 3 years left on his deal and no-one wants to trade for that contract. He might still be the best RB in the league but Murray's blocking and receiving likely made him a better fit in the Cowboys offense. Throwing money at the RB position hasn't been a formula for Super Bowl success.
If you think trading for AP is a good move, look at what else could be done with a 2nd round pick and up to $25M over 2 years and make a comparison.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just pointing out how stupid your premise was. The guy just sat a season for beating his kid, he's a 30 year old RB, and you think faking an injury will force their hand. Absurd

Hey, so this is all about you not liking AP and his fathering skills I presume?

If AP sandbags it during the season after all this because he feels that he was mistreated and lied to repeatedly by that organization, I wouldn't blame him one bit. I would do the same if it were me in that same situation, and the team that I had just given my all since coming out of college completely ignored my feelings when things have drastically changed in my life since then. We are only human, not contract live-up-to machines and robots.

What the Vikes have to now ask themselves is this... Is it really a wise move to call APs bluff here and risk another media circus (presuming he doesn't change his stance by then), for their young rebuilding team and QB, going into a new stadium next year, and still investing heavily in an assumption and/or risk going forward?? I said if you wait until then AP's trade value while have diminished considerably, and you also risk set tingup a show down that could severely hurt your team if things stay as they are, essentially gambling heavily of someone's mondset changing, and them becoming the same productive player. Just is not smart business sense to gamble your organization's future that way, especially for a 30 year RB with perhaps two more exceptional seasons remaining in him. Get what you can, while you still can, and move on.

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't referring to you. My response was directed towards Win Twins.

HA! I was the troll on FN??? :L Dude, you were labelled a troll there, and you've been labelled the same here. LOL. You rolled onto this site with a ghey cowboy for your avatar.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, so this is all about you not liking AP and his fathering skills I presume?

If AP sandbags it during the season after all this because he feels that he was mistreated and lied to repeatedly by that organization, I wouldn't blame him one bit. I would do the same if it were me in that same situation, and the team that I had just given my all since coming out of college completely ignored my feelings when things have drastically changed in my life since then. We are only human, not contract live-up-to machines and robots.

What the Vikes have to now ask themselves is this... Is it really a wise move to call APs bluff here and risk another media circus (presuming he doesn't change his stance by then), for their young rebuilding team and QB, going into a new stadium next year, and still investing heavily in an assumption and/or risk going forward?? I said if you wait until then AP's trade value while have diminished considerably, and you also risk set tingup a show down that could severely hurt your team if things stay as they are, essentially gambling heavily of someone's mondset changing, and them becoming the same productive player. Just is not smart business sense to gamble your organization's future that way, especially for a 30 year RB with perhaps two more exceptional seasons remaining in him. Get what you can, while you still can, and move on.

First: Where on God's green earth have the Vikings disrepected and lied to AP? Last I checked, Zim isn't the GM. It's not his call.

Second: What makes you think AP would half-ass it? He has 2 goals - Single season rushing record; and, All Time rushing record. He isn't going to sit. He isn't going to half-ass it.

He has no leverage. Again - I've stated several times that I don't care if he is or isn't. Why should they bend over backwards for him? He put himself in this situation, and his agent has done him no favors. No need to even address his POS father, from whom he learned his parenting from.

The Vikings owe him NOTHING but his game checks. If a trade is there, it will happen. More than likely, one won't be found to be suitable enough. There is no need for the Vikings to do anything, other than take a wait and see approach.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Where on God's green earth have the Vikings disrepected and lied to AP? Last I checked, Zim isn't the GM. It's not his call.

Second: What makes you think AP would half-ass it? He has 2 goals - Single season rushing record; and, All Time rushing record. He isn't going to sit. He isn't going to half-ass it.

He has no leverage. Again - I've stated several times that I don't care if he is or isn't. Why should they bend over backwards for him? He put himself in this situation, and his agent has done him no favors. No need to even address his POS father, from whom he learned his parenting from.

The Vikings owe him NOTHING but his game checks. If a trade is there, it will happen. More than likely, one won't be found to be suitable enough. There is no need for the Vikings to do anything, other than take a wait and see approach.
Hard to dispute any of this

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sound like just another butt-hurt angry Vikes' fan upset that AP doesn't want to play for your team anymore dude. Your "reasoning" here is completely void of any relevant or real factors.

:lm:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like AP but the Vikings are NOT going to give in and the Cowboys could NOT afford his contract even if the Vikings want to unload him without making moves that would directly affect an already touchy cap situation

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like just another butt-hurt angry Vikes' fan upset that AP doesn't want to play for your team anymore dude.

You couldn't be any more wrong. I'm seriously not butthurt. I think he's a POS in life and deserves whatever treatment comes his way, which is why I'm in favor of playing this game of chicken with him. To reiterate: IT WOULD NOT BOTHER ME ONE BIT, IF HE CHOSE TO HOLDOUT. He loses money, time, and any notion of achieving his goals. The Vikings gain options. Everybody wins.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like just another butt-hurt angry Vikes' fan upset that AP doesn't want to play for your team anymore dude. Your "reasoning" here is completely void of any relevant real factors.

Again. Lose an argument, throw out insults. I read what he wrote twice and didn't see any anger. I saw a reasonable grasp of what happened and what will happen going forward.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aren't you leaving out some pretty important factors there? Like AP's insistence that he was stabbed in the back by some of the people in management there? Zim has stated at least twice publicly that he would accommodate AP if he didn't want to be there?? Why speak on behalf of management if you have no authority to do so there lol?? Wouldn't Zim at least check with ownership before saying things so openly repeatedly to the media?? If I'm not mistaken, AP has already came out and stated that he believes that Vikes' ownership and management would not force his hand here and play chicken with them, not the people that he knows inside Vikes' management? Isn't that being lied to repeatedly if they in fact do force his hand here by ignoring his trade request?? Not to mention any other lies that is not known yet or made known to the public, that still may be out there when your team was conspiring with the commish to put him on his exempt list, just to protect their precious team endorsements from leaving. You are not Vikes' management nor AP dude, so spare me with the "what lies" assumptions and claims you have with your completely unverifiable knowledge of the inner workings within that organization or AP's mind....just because you are a Vikes' fan that doesn't agree with his parenting skills, lol.

So, AP will just be fine as a peach and 100% on-board with team after being forced against his will essentially, to "play for them or play for no one" this upcoming season, regardless of his personal beliefs and feelings, and will be more then willing to go out and break rushing records for that team???....lmao. Do you realize how dumb that really sounds? With absolutely no knowledge of what his mindset he will be in after all he has endured with that team at that time and moment?? Talk about being delusional.

"No need for the Vikings to do anything"....huh??? With about a month to go before the draft, there is a potential risk of them losing a !st or 2nd round pick in this draft for any trade deal involving AP by then. If they wait until after the draft and all the way until the season starts, there is no way teams will be willing to give up the same compensation for him in a trade if things still hasn't changed by then, knowing that Vikes' management will have become even more desperate then to get something for him if his stance hasn't changed lol. Then what about AP's feelings in all of this? Just dismiss an opportunity to help your young team with a high draft pick because of some "he signed a contract" mantra?? Further alienating someone that is supposedly to be the face of your franchise??/...lol

So you see, your theories really do lack any serious or relevant facts, as you look at things from only some delusional team "we have the only leverage" perspective, void of ALL factors in this predicament.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a drama queen emoji???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa...I need to look closer...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this thread.

Somebody call me if/when Dallas makes an offer for AP. If not, this entire speculation was pointless.

All reports are conflicting.....most say Arizona has the most interest. I personally think we draft Melvin Gordon and keep it moving with a young cheap back.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this thread.

Somebody call me if/when Dallas makes an offer for AP. If not, this entire speculation was pointless.

All reports are conflicting.....most say Arizona has the most interest. I personally think we draft Melvin Gordon and keep it moving with a young cheap back.

LOL @ this poster.

Aren't you really just "speculating" on Gordon and the draft, and his possible availability for this team, or their level of interest in him, also?? Who's to say that he Gordon will even be there at 27, or even if this team has him rated that highly on their draft board as their first pick over some other player??

We are all just "speculating" here my man, no one person's opinion here has proven to be any gospel...yet, lol

Just something for you to chew on.

Last edited:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, I am giving my opinion on what I THINK we will do.

I'm not here insulting anyone that doesn't agree with me. Truth is I really don't care one way or the other.......YOU are here proposing all kinds of scenarios that are not very likely to occur.

We probably go BPA in the first but I think the Cowboys have legit interest in Gordon, and if he's there they probably take him.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough. Overall I think the point is they really don't want to pay that much for a RB.