• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Q&A session

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think it's easier/likely they'll find someone better than Parkey.

I can't speak for anyone else....but no where did I say it's easy.

Play the make shit up game with other people.

If Parkey hadn't lost face in the locker room with the stunt he pulled....I'd be all for having him on the roster until you find someone better. Nagy and Pace sent a message to him and the locker room when they cut him. Team first. And I am totally okay with that.

It isn't easy to replace anyone in the NFL....regardless of how bad they are. It is, however, entirely possible....especially when that player performed as bad as anyone in the NFL at his position.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for anyone else....but no where did I say it's easy.

Play the make shit up game with other people.

If Parkey hadn't lost face in the locker room with the stunt he pulled....I'd be all for having him on the roster until you find someone better. Nagy and Pace sent a message to him and the locker room when they cut him. Team first. And I am totally okay with that.

It isn't easy to replace anyone in the NFL....regardless of how bad they are. It is, however, entirely possible....especially when that player performed as bad as anyone in the NFL at his position.

My lord.

You said "the chances we have another kicker that misses 11 kicks is probably low." So in other words finding a kicker who doesn't miss 11 kicks is probably high. Right? So if the probability of finding a kicker being less accurate than Parkey is "probably low" how is that not "easy" to find a better kicker? It's call putting 2 and 2 together.

I'm going to say this one last time. Having Parkey here and having him battle it out is not a bad move. Save me the bs about sending messages to a professional team. There's multiple messages here i could counter with but I won't waste time. Just because you "think" we could "possibly" find a better alternative is not good enough for me guy.

You make these statements like you know something we don't.

* Parkey lost face in the locker room--how do you know this?
* No one is gonna look back this season and miss Parkey--they will if the new guy is worse
* And his psyche is probably shot--again, why?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Norwood famously missed a FG in the super bowl causing the Bills to lose.

The Bills brought in another kicker immediately the next season to compete with Norwood. Norwood won the job. Norwood went on to be perfect the following year in the playoffs.

Did Norwood "lose face" in the locker room?
Did Norwood's psyche get shot?
What would of happened if they cut Norwood flat out after the miss? Oh yeah Bjorn Nittmo (the guy Norwood beat out) would have gotten the job. I'm sure Nittmo would have been perfect too in the playoffs (rolls eyes).

It's not black and white. Everyone here wants to cut Parkey because we hate him. Not because it's the right move.

Fry, Piniero and Parkey should be competing for the job right now.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lord.

You said "the chances we have another kicker that misses 11 kicks is probably low." So in other words finding a kicker who doesn't miss 11 kicks is probably high. Right? So if the probability of finding a kicker being less accurate than Parkey is "probably low" how is that not "easy" to find a better kicker? It's call putting 2 and 2 together.

Nothing is easy for an NFL GM. Absolutely nothing. How is that hard to understand?

Even when J'Marcus Webb was being the worst starting offensive tackle in the NFL....replacing him wasn't easy.

I'm going to say this one last time. Having Parkey here and having him battle it out is not a bad move. Save me the bs about sending messages to a professional team. There's multiple messages here i could counter with but I won't waste time. Just because you "think" we could "possibly" find a better alternative is not good enough for me guy.

No reason to claim you don't wanna waste time. You waste plenty of time here jerking yourself off with words when it suits you.

It doesn't matter what is good enough for you....when all is said and done you're just a fan. With no actual input. You're not important. You're a legend in your mind which is, sorry, not good enough for me buddy.

You make these statements like you know something we don't.

* Parkey lost face in the locker room--how do you know this?
* No one is gonna look back this season and miss Parkey--they will if the new guy is worse
* And his psyche is probably shot--again, why?

I don't claim to know anything that anyone else doesn't. That's your game...not mine.

Nagy was clearly upset with what Parkey did....he said so in his end of season presser when he called it a me thing instead of a we thing. Pace had comments about it. And while you won't find many, if any, quotes from players about it....the Bears locker room seems pretty tight and together from anyone paying attention. I seriously doubt many of those guys liked seeing their kicker that just blew the game going on national TV to talk about it. That's just a guess.

His psyche is based off of history of kickers that have been in likewise situations. Again...it's a guess. But it's educated one.

You saying if the new guy is worse. If. That's all your clinging to. One big if. Have fun with that.

It's clear you're just hedging a bet. When the new kicker does better....you will say you only said if. If he does worse....you'll go on a ton of threads and suck yourself off some more saying I told you so. I'm sure you feel good surrounding by the homers and dolts here....but you're motives and your game here is pretty easy to see. And it's also sad and tired.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Norwood famously missed a FG in the super bowl causing the Bills to lose.

The Bills brought in another kicker immediately the next season to compete with Norwood. Norwood won the job. Norwood went on to be perfect the following year in the playoffs.

Did Norwood "lose face" in the locker room?
Did Norwood's psyche get shot?
What would of happened if they cut Norwood flat out after the miss? Oh yeah Bjorn Nittmo (the guy Norwood beat out) would have gotten the job. I'm sure Nittmo would have been perfect too in the playoffs (rolls eyes).

It's not black and white. Everyone here wants to cut Parkey because we hate him. Not because it's the right move.

Fry, Piniero and Parkey should be competing for the job right now.

Norwood was a career 72% kicker.....so maybe we shouldn't be making any comparisons to him. I think we're aiming for better than that.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will probably find someone better.

If i'm hearing everyone correctly it really comes down to this. You guys think it's easier/likely they'll find someone better than Parkey.

This is where i disagree, I don't think finding a kicker (better than Parkey) is easy to find. Nor do i think there's anything wrong with doing both (looking for a better kicker while Parkey is still here) at the same time. Parkey was bad last year but wasn't the worst in the NFL in kicking %. And if all indications so far are true in training camp, neither Fry (minus today's lone nice article) nor Piniero is looking better.

God, you're being insufferable. "OH BUT WHAT IF THE NEW KICKER SUCKS GUIZE?!!?!?!? YOU'LL ALL BE SO SORRY."

No...No I won't be sorry. I'll be sad that our new kicker sucks...but no f*cking way I'll be sorry that we cut Parkey's ass and wish for his return or do 20/20 wishing for his return. Matter of fact, nobody is going to do that. Parkey is bad. Seriously, you're the guy that harped on us cutting Jordan Howard, not because he was bad, but because he was unexceptional. How the f*ck can you be going on and on for a player like Parkey that is f*cking bad?

Dude...No team in the NFL is going to sign Parkey. That in and of itself refutes what you are saying here. You must see that. I DEMAND YOU SEE THAT. If nobody wants him, he's not good. And yes, that absolutely means we'll find someone better.

Absolutely, indubitably, 100% positively without a shadow of a doubt as God as my witness and by all things on this planet that are good and holy I swear there was, is and always will be zero regret that we dumped him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood was a career 72% kicker.....so maybe we shouldn't be making any comparisons to him. I think we're aiming for better than that.

Way to miss the point entirely.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is easy for an NFL GM. Absolutely nothing. How is that hard to understand?

Oh so that's what you meant. (rolls eyes)

It doesn't matter what is good enough for you....when all is said and done you're just a fan. With no actual input. You're not important. You're a legend in your mind which is, sorry, not good enough for me buddy.

so?

I don't claim to know anything that anyone else doesn't. That's your game...not mine.

But Parkey "lost face" in the locker room? "Nobody will miss him"? And "his psyche is shot"?

Nagy was clearly upset with what Parkey did....he said so in his end of season presser when he called it a me thing instead of a we thing. Pace had comments about it.

The Bears just lost the biggest game at home in a long time. And everyone was emotional? So what?

His psyche is based off of history of kickers that have been in likewise situations. Again...it's a guess. But it's educated one.

Like Scott Norwood? But you missed the point entirely.

You saying if the new guy is worse. If. That's all your clinging to. One big if. Have fun with that.

I didn't say the new guys were worse. Stop making things up.

It's clear you're just hedging a bet. When the new kicker does better....you will say you only said if. If he does worse....you'll go on a ton of threads and suck yourself off some more saying I told you so.

I say more bold things around here than anyone. Hedging my bet is different from doing the smart thing and having them battle it out. Oh and how bold and non hedging of you to go out of your way to say Parkey sucks. You really like to live on the edge. (rolls eyes)

I'm sure you feel good surrounding by the homers and dolts here....but you're motives and your game here is pretty easy to see. And it's also sad and tired.

I guess that's something i'll just have to live with...You thinking i'm sad and tired. Hurts just thinking about this. The pain is tremendous.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to miss the point entirely.

Your only point is what if the new kicker sucks.

That’s all you have.

Well, Parkey already sucked. So if the new kicker sucks...we are right where we started.

That’s basically worse case scenario.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh so that's what you meant. (rolls eyes)

so?

But Parkey "lost face" in the locker room? "Nobody will miss him"? And "his psyche is shot"?

Nagy was clearly upset with what Parkey did....he said so in his end of season presser when he called it a me thing instead of a we thing. Pace had comments about it.

The Bears just lost the biggest game at home in a long time. And everyone was emotional? So what?

Like Scott Norwood? But you missed the point entirely.

I didn't say the new guys were worse. Stop making things up.

It's clear you're just hedging a bet. When the new kicker does better....you will say you only said if. If he does worse....you'll go on a ton of threads and suck yourself off some more saying I told you so.

I say more bold things around here than anyone. Hedging my bet is different from doing the smart thing and having them battle it out. Oh and how bold and non hedging of you to go out of your way to say Parkey sucks. You really like to live on the edge. (rolls eyes)

I'm sure you feel good surrounding by the homers and dolts here....but you're motives and your game here is pretty easy to see. And it's also sad and tired.

I guess that's something i'll just have to live with...You thinking i'm sad and tired. Hurts just thinking about this. The pain is tremendous.

Blah blah blah.....you’ve got nothing.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your only point is what if the new kicker sucks.

That’s all you have.

Well, Parkey already sucked. So if the new kicker sucks...we are right where we started.

That’s basically worse case scenario.

My point: Finding kickers is not easy, yes the new kickers could be worse than Parkey, so why not keep Parkey here and have him battle the new kickers. Best kicker wins the job.

Why is this so hard to understand? I literally repeated myself like 5x.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck that.

No f*cking way I want to see that jackass lining up for kicks during all the primetime games we're gonna get this year.

This is still supposed to be entertainment, right? Why the f*ck would I have to endure all the bullsh*t that guy would bring when he's a f*cking kicker...and a not very good one to boot? (no pun intended)

I bite my thumb at you sir. Good day.
Does anybody hold the blocker who allowed the defense to tip the ball at all responsible.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good does Trubisky have to be, considering the Bears basically traded Patrick Mahomes and 2 draft picks for him
If no one took Trubisky at # 2 the Bears would have him and the two picks. If somebody did they would have Mahomes as they were committed to a QB, and the two picks. In my mind he has to be at lease as good as Mahomes or Watson for that matter for the trade to even be considered somewhat acceptable.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody hold the blocker who allowed the defense to tip the ball at all responsible.

No. Why would a Bears fan hold an opposing player accountable? Do you hold the opposing CB accountable when your QB throws an interception?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good does Trubisky have to be, considering the Bears basically traded Patrick Mahomes and 2 draft picks for him
If no one took Trubisky at # 2 the Bears would have him and the two picks. If somebody did they would have Mahomes as they were committed to a QB, and the two picks. In my mind he has to be at lease as good as Mahomes or Watson for that matter for the trade to even be considered somewhat acceptable.

Trubisky only has to be as good as the Bears need him to be. It’s on fans to compare players from the same draft. The trade is done...judging it in hindsight is just opinion. If Trubisky never is as good individually as Mahomes...so be it. But he doesn’t need to be in order for the team to win a SB.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point: Finding kickers is not easy, yes the new kickers could be worse than Parkey, so why not keep Parkey here and have him battle the new kickers. Best kicker wins the job.

Why is this so hard to understand? I literally repeated myself like 5x.

Everyone here has read your point. Multiple times. Like I said...the only point you have is an if. If the new kicker is worse.

Parkey isn’t in camp. He’s at home reading his bible or doing some that probably isn’t football related. Wanna continue to cry about it? Go right ahead but it seems silly to cry about the guy that was probably the worst, and most overpaid, guy on the roster last season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Parkey was a problem before that kick. I'm on record somewhere in the NFL gamethread before the game hoping that we wouldn't lose on a Parkey kick. You shouldn't need such a low trajectory unless you are a limp dick kicker anyway...which he is.

Meanwhile my eyes are bleeding while I read the classic "But hey, the next guy could suck too" argument about replacing a sh*tty player. That approach works wonders for some I guess.