• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Q&A session

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it's like comparing a QB today to Terry Bradshaw. The game has changed and the standard of the position has changed. Bradshaw today would be an average to below average player. Norwood today would be cut.

I mean, you're supposed to compare players to their contemporary counterparts. You don't compare across eras, period. When Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Staubach, Namath, Dawson, etc. played... most QB's finished with more INT's than TD's. HOF QB's did so over entire careers. You can't just compare those QB's to guys from this generation. Hell, you really can't even compare a QB from now to one who finished playing just 15 years ago. Things are so different in this decade. Turning out a 2-1 TD/INT ratio is average. So many greats would be lost from every sport if you discounted the period they played in.

Bradshaw today would benefit from modern day training, nutrition, rule changes, offense built around passing, etc.

Norwood would benefit from today's ball, which is more aerodynamic. He would also benefit from today's modernized kicking fundamentals. There's nothing inherently superior about kickers today.

Norwood and Butler were good kickers. There's just no way to escape that fact. "80's Norwood would be cut today" is an irrelevant statement. I could just as easily say that "Robbie Gould would have kicked 70-75% if he had come up during the 80's".

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you're supposed to compare players to their contemporary counterparts. You don't compare across eras, period. When Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Staubach, Namath, Dawson, etc. played... most QB's finished with more INT's than TD's. HOF QB's did so over entire careers. You can't just compare those QB's to guys from this generation. Hell, you really can't even compare a QB from now to one who finished playing just 15 years ago. Things are so different in this decade. Turning out a 2-1 TD/INT ratio is average. So many greats would be lost from every sport if you discounted the period they played in.

Bradshaw today would benefit from modern day training, nutrition, rule changes, offense built around passing, etc.

Norwood would benefit from today's ball, which is more aerodynamic. He would also benefit from today's modernized kicking fundamentals. There's nothing inherently superior about kickers today.

Norwood and Butler were good kickers. There's just no way to escape that fact. "80's Norwood would be cut today" is an irrelevant statement. I could just as easily say that "Robbie Gould would have kicked 70-75% if he had come up during the 80's".

All really fair points for the most part. I will point out though that besides Norwood's All Pro season (a statistical anomaly compared to the rest of his career) he never ranked in the leaders in the NFL in terms of field goal percentage. In 88 he had a percentage ten points above his next highest single season percentage and 16 higher than his career percentage.

Kicking in Buffalo certainly has to come into play...but still his career numbers....even compared to his era...weren't great. In terms of percentage of kicks made....not much has changed from now to when Norwood played in terms of how high the percentage typically was for the league leader.

Kevin Butler is a Chicago fan favorite....but compared to his peers he wasn't good. He was average at best and at times below.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? So you're applying today's standards to a kicker from the 80s? Norwood was considered good then but not by today's standards so his psyche is more likely to be broken then because the standards of today is higher? You're all over the place son.

The problem with this is I never made the claim Norwood's psyche was shot. You inserted him into the conversation as an example of a kicker who clearly didn't have a mental issue. And all I'm saying is he followed up that miss with his worst personal regular season.

Change your diaper and try again.

Yeah so? Now follow along. So you are implying that missed kick somehow has some affect on him having the worst regular season the following year right? So why wouldn't that continue to have a negative affect on him through the playoffs where the pressure is the greatest then? You want me to give you the answer dumb dumb? Because that missed kick was completely coincidental to the following year regular season. I can't spell it out any more.

Not implying anything....I'm stating facts.

Fact....Norwood missed a massive kick.

Fact....Norwood had his worst regular season the very next year.

Probably a coincidence. Maybe he was just at the end of his career and not quite the same. I have no idea. He obviously recovered very well in the postseason. Again....you brought him into the conversation....not I.

You're crying about something you brought upon yourself.

Just because you can't follow doesn't mean I've gone off track. I can see you have a problem putting 2 and 2 together.

Your last few posts read like senile rants mixed with lame insults and even lamer logic. You're spinning wheels all over the track sport.

No. More like i've hit a nerve. Think about it. Why would someone be so concerned with an anonymous person's personal life? Does that make any sense? The only reason why you would accuse me of those things (none of which i deny/accept btw) is because YOU are all those things. That's why you care. It has to be. And now YOU are "embarassed at this point". As for me, i couldn't care less about your personal life.

Are you just going to parrot everything I say to you? Hahaha...is this why you're a genius. Master of the I know you are but what I am game? You gotta do better than this kiddo. I can't work with this...it started out fun but with each new post it just becomes a bit more sad. You don't have to deny or accept anything...you can only be judged by the words you type and yours are extremely telling as are your reactions to mine.

I'm glad you don't care about my personal life....but I don't recall asking you if you did either.

Your personal life doesn't concern me or have any impact on me. I just find your mannerisms here hilarious. What provokes an imbecile to want so many anonymous internet posters to believe he's a genius? Why the need to call anyone that dare disagree with "the genius" an idiot? Is it a superiority complex or an inferiority complex? Attention issues? Extreme boredom? There's always a cause. These things fascinate me. I especially love to see the drastic reactions when people like you are called out or questioned. Your mirror projection defense mechanism you employ by regurgitating any insult tossed your way is textbook stuff. There's a guy like you on every one of these message boards....and you're always fun to play with and ridicule.

I'm already there.

Well....yeah. I kinda figured you also felt bad for yourself. I mean....how couldn't you?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All really fair points for the most part. I will point out though that besides Norwood's All Pro season (a statistical anomaly compared to the rest of his career) he never ranked in the leaders in the NFL in terms of field goal percentage. In 88 he had a percentage ten points above his next highest single season percentage and 16 higher than his career percentage.

Kicking in Buffalo certainly has to come into play...but still his career numbers....even compared to his era...weren't great. In terms of percentage of kicks made....not much has changed from now to when Norwood played in terms of how high the percentage typically was for the league leader.

Kevin Butler is a Chicago fan favorite....but compared to his peers he wasn't good. He was average at best and at times below.

All i see is backpedaling.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this is I never made the claim Norwood's psyche was shot

Not implying anything....I'm stating facts.

Fact....Norwood missed a massive kick.

Fact....Norwood had his worst regular season the very next year.

Oh i see. You bring up a kickers propensity to have their psyche's shot after a big miss. I bring up Norwood who represents the ultimate big miss kick. You bring up Norwood's kicking % after the big miss. I refute by bringing up Norwood stellar post season kick % and now you backpedal and say you weren't connecting these two things together at all. (rolls eyes). If you're going to backpedal, do it with a little more style. Right now you're looking retarded. Always keep the argument in focus, the moment you start deviating is the moment you lose. Remember that dummy--alittle wisdom from the genius.

Your last few posts read like senile rants mixed with lame insults and even lamer logic. You're spinning wheels all over the track sport.

Yeah i know my insults aren't as biting as you attacking the "BS" in my handle. Oh lets not forget the biting attack on my spelling! Riveting stuff cupcake. You really got that creative insult thing down. Keep it up, it'll get you very far.

Are you just going to parrot everything I say to you?

Not at all. It's psyche 101, you should take a course. It's very obvious you are projecting your personal life onto me. I can just tell by reading your blabbering you are beyond mad but have to walk this fine line like you're not mad and that balance is killing you inside. Slowly but surely your anger is bubbling to the surface. It's fascinating to watch. But this is what I do, I'm a destroyer. And you're getting destroyed.

All that blabbering about me but oh yeah but my personal life "doesn't concern you or have any impact on you" right? A lot of talk for someone who "doesn't care". lol indeed.

Well....yeah. I kinda figured you also felt bad for yourself. I mean....how couldn't you?

Good one (rolls eyes)

Hey kid, keep the backpedaling going. You'll eventually stumble onto something you're right about then you can do a cartwheel lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i see. You bring up a kickers propensity to have their psyche's shot after a big miss. I bring up Norwood who represents the ultimate big miss kick. You bring up Norwood's kicking % after the big miss. I refute by bringing up Norwood stellar post season kick % and now you backpedal and say you weren't connecting these two things together at all. (rolls eyes). If you're going to backpedal, do it with a little more style. Right now you're looking retarded. Always keep the argument in focus, the moment you start deviating is the moment you lose. Remember that dummy--alittle wisdom from the genius.

If you can find one quote from me where I said Norwood specifically had a shot psyche...I’ll Venmo you $50.

I’ll wait....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you’re an imbecile that is only gonna see what he wants to see.

Bullshitting imbecile. That should be your handle.

Hey hey hey, calm mr angry.

All these attacks on my handle is hurting my feelings.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can find one quote from me where I said Norwood specifically had a shot psyche...I’ll Venmo you $50.

I’ll wait....

lol

You're going venmo me money? I'm not interested in getting to know you at all on a personal level cupcake.

Btw you miss the point again and now have relegated to repeating yourself. Go back and read slowly.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey hey hey, calm mr angry.

All these attacks on my handle is hurting my feelings.

Again I’m no one to talk because I typically butcher the English language but wouldn’t a genius have much better grammar than this?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You're going venmo me money? I'm not interested in getting to know you at all on a personal level cupcake.

Btw you miss the point again and now have relegated to repeating yourself. Go back and read slowly.

I didn’t realize Venmo was that personal. Odd.

Did I ever type those words or no? Stop deflecting.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me sad that Lord Idiocy is sitting at his computer right now laughing and thinking "Dance Monkey Dance."

...and even more sad when I think the catalysts are Cody Parkey and Scott Norwood.

Good Lord.

It's ok...For every dance monkey dance, there's at least one me thinking "Holy sh*t this guy is Charlie Brown's teacher...Womp womp wom wom wooommm." So that helps.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize Venmo was that personal. Odd.

Did I ever type those words or no? Stop deflecting.

Venmo would require i give you some sort of personal identifier and doing that no matter how indirect, I don't want to do.

You keep missing the point, you are unable to put 2 and 2 together, you backpedal and over generalize when proven wrong, you have a strange fascination with anonymous people on the internet, you project your own personal misery onto said anonymous people and you're really angry right now.

And you're dull. Next thing you'll do is attack my favorite color. Literally everything you type, i find myself rolling my eyes at.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of thread

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venmo would require i give you some sort of personal identifier and doing that no matter how indirect, I don't want to do.

You keep missing the point, you are unable to put 2 and 2 together, you backpedal and over generalize when proven wrong, you have a strange fascination with anonymous people on the internet, you project your own personal misery onto said anonymous people and you're really angry right now.

And you're dull. Next thing you'll do is attack my favorite color. Literally everything you type, i find myself rolling my eyes at.

So you agree I never typed those words? That’s essentially what you’re saying, yes?

Thanks for agreeing. Have a nice day.