• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Q&A session

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent read. Love his comments about Duke Shelley. Bummer about our kickers. Neither look good at all right now. We should have kept Parker for another year, giving him a chance to redeem himself.

Kwiatkowski and Bullard being cut seems obvious. Neither of these guys have done squat since being here.

Which rookie other than Ridley or Montgomery has the most upside in your opinion?

Duke Shelley. No question in my mind that he’s the one rookie on this team that has the most to gain over the next year or two. Not only is he at a position where he could win the job sooner or later (mid year or 2020), but he has a high ceiling.

Thanks to his injury and the fact he played defense in the Big 12, he flew more under the radar than he should. But if you watch what he did at Kansas State, it was vastly impressive. He was consistently matched up outside against very tall receivers. More often than not, he won those battles. He’s aggressive and has a good nose for the ball. He’s my real “sleeper” in 2019 as someone who could end up having a bigger impact than expected when all is said and done.

Your actual 100% confidence that the bears will go into the season with these kickers.

My confidence is low with the current kicking situation. In terms of Eddy Pineiro or Elliot Fry, I don’t think either one is ultimately going to be the answer. The uncertainty this far into the process is unsettling. There’s no doubt about that.

Who do you see as the most surprising roster cut on the Bears? Any rookies expected to turn heads and beat out a veteran for a roster spot?

With that in mind, here are two players that I could see being cut or dealt:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from Duke Shelley:

I got hurt. Missed the last 5 games of my senior year. No bowl game no Sr bowl game, no combine invite. Which led me to be playing for the best D & team in the NFL. Non of that would have been possible if I would have finished my Sr year. God works in mysterious ways

Gotta love this kid.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have kept Parker for another year, giving him a chance to redeem himself.

F*ck that.

No f*cking way I want to see that jackass lining up for kicks during all the primetime games we're gonna get this year.

This is still supposed to be entertainment, right? Why the f*ck would I have to endure all the bullsh*t that guy would bring when he's a f*cking kicker...and a not very good one to boot? (no pun intended)

I bite my thumb at you sir. Good day.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck that.

No f*cking way I want to see that jackass lining up for kicks during all the primetime games we're gonna get this year.

This is still supposed to be entertainment, right? Why the f*ck would I have to endure all the bullsh*t that guy would bring when he's a f*cking kicker...and a not very good one to boot? (no pun intended)

Even if that means we have a kicker worse than Parker? Because right now that's what it appears. Neither of our kickers are impressing at all.

This is emotions need to be separated from logic. Some can't do it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that means we have a kicker worse than Parker? Because right now that's what it appears. Neither of our kickers are impressing at all.

This is emotions need to be separated from logic. Some can't do it.

Get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t.

Parkey has never been on a playoff team before last year...and when he finally got on one and the winning started happening...He sh*t the bed MULTIPLE TIMES.

Hell, he sh*t the bed in week 15 in the lone other season he was on a winning team and there was pressure on him. Missed 2 field goals in a 3 point game that week and it literally cost his team the playoffs as they missed out by a game.

Parkey's a choker.

I know you're contrarian guy...but this is f*cking stupidity. There is no logic in playing that guy ever again from an on or off the field perspective. And I'm so thankful Matt Nagy isn't anywhere near the page you are on. Nobody is going to sign Parkey's ass to play for them. NOBODY. If he was any good, he would already be on a team as training camp begins. His only hope (good f*cking luck asshole) is a wave of kicker injuries. (laughs heartily because THAT is going to happen)

But hey, the Bears should have kept him. Logic. *rolls eyes*

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS is the one odd ball Bear fan who wants to bring Parkey back. There would have been picketing at Halas Hall, that clown was still on the team. I'll suffer a year before letting him step back on the field. Hell, I'll kick for the Bears before letting Parkey do it again and I'm old, bald, toothless and fat.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t.

Parkey has never been on a playoff team before last year...and when he finally got on one and the winning started happening...He sh*t the bed MULTIPLE TIMES.

Hell, he sh*t the bed in week 15 in the lone other season he was on a winning team and there was pressure on him. Missed 2 field goals in a 3 point game that week and it literally cost his team the playoffs as they missed out by a game.

Parkey's a choker.

I know you're contrarian guy...but this is f*cking stupidity. There is no logic in playing that guy ever again from an on or off the field perspective. And I'm so thankful Matt Nagy isn't anywhere near the page you are on. Nobody is going to sign Parkey's ass to play for them. NOBODY. If he was any good, he would already be on a team as training camp begins. His only hope (good f*cking luck asshole) is a wave of kicker injuries. (laughs heartily because THAT is going to happen)

But hey, the Bears should have kept him. Logic. *rolls eyes*

You do understand Piniero and the other guy could be *worse" than Parkey. Do you not understand the concept of being worse than someone else? Why is this so complex?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS is the one odd ball Bear fan who wants to bring Parkey back. There would have been picketing at Halas Hall, that clown was still on the team. I'll suffer a year before letting him step back on the field. Hell, I'll kick for the Bears before letting Parkey do it again and I'm old, bald, toothless and fat.

Thank God you don't run the team because you're an idiot.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand Piniero and the other guy could be *worse" than Parkey. Do you not understand the concept of being worse than someone else? Why is this so complex?

I understand that a bad player needs to be replaced and I trust poor performance and MULTIPLE teams cutting/releasing Parkey. I also understand I like Pinero out of Florida and hope far exceeds proven poor performance.

It’s not complex at all. You’re out to lunch fella.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck that.

You want entertainment then Parkey is the right guy. Every kick is suspenseful and he has his own (doink) soundtrack.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ran the Team Gould would still be our kicker.
If I ran the team I would be the QB and kicker. It's why they won't let me run things. That and when I asked Virginia she said who are you and why are you in my bathroom.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ran the Team Gould would still be our kicker.

Look, it's easy to be a hindsight GM.

However, if we are all being honest with ourselves? Gould absolutely earned his release. He missed that GW kick vs San Fran in 2015 and went to hell in a handbasket after. He showed up to training camp and pre-season looking even worse. Don't you guys remember how he couldn't even connect on a damn extra point? It was BRUTAL.

He also went to New York later that season and was quite unimpressive. It wasn't until 2017 that he turned around in SF.

I love Gould and OF COURSE I wish he was still here. However, that does not change the fact that given the circumstances, Ryan Pace made the call that any competent GM should/would make. The fact that we failed to replace him with a competent kicker and have rotated a door of 5 different kickers in three seasons? Now going on 6 kickers in 4 years? That's where you can condemn Pace.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, it's easy to be a hindsight GM.

However, if we are all being honest with ourselves? Gould absolutely earned his release. He missed that GW kick vs San Fran in 2015 and went to hell in a handbasket after. He showed up to training camp and pre-season looking even worse. Don't you guys remember how he couldn't even connect on a damn extra point? It was BRUTAL.

He also went to New York later that season and was quite unimpressive. It wasn't until 2017 that he turned around in SF.

I love Gould and OF COURSE I wish he was still here. However, that does not change the fact that given the circumstances, Ryan Pace made the call that any competent GM should/would make. The fact that we failed to replace him with a competent kicker and have rotated a door of 5 different kickers in three seasons? Now going on 6 kickers in 4 years? That's where you can condemn Pace.
Good call out. I was just messing with BS.... shhh.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that a bad player needs to be replaced and I trust poor performance and MULTIPLE teams cutting/releasing Parkey. I also understand I like Pinero out of Florida and hope far exceeds proven poor performance.

It’s not complex at all. You’re out to lunch fella.

I can't make this any clearer. Its very very possible Piniero (and the other guy) could be worse than Parkey. Because all reports are saying so. I understand the emotion of cutting Parkey. But logically speaking, you want the best man for the job. And Parkey is looking right now as the better kicker among 3 guys whom all aren't very good. As much as we hate Parkey, he did have success in the NFL in the past.

It's not rocket science. You want to keep the best guy even if that guy is the best among a group of poor players.

I don't know why this is even an argument. The only logical explanation is that you're an idiot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't make this any clearer. Its very very possible Piniero (and the other guy) could be worse than Parkey. Because all reports are saying so. I understand the emotion of cutting Parkey. But logically speaking, you want the best man for the job. And Parkey is looking right now as the better kicker among 3 guys whom all aren't very good. As much as we hate Parkey, he did have success in the NFL in the past.

It's not rocket science. You want to keep the best guy even if that guy is the best among a group of poor players.

I don't know why this is even an argument. The only logical explanation is that you're an idiot.

Players need to be held accountable and the team lost confidence in Parky. It was 100% the right call to release him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have kept Parker for another year, giving him a chance to redeem himself.

Even if that means we have a kicker worse than Parker?

Who the hell is Parker? Two separate posts that I see this name "Parker". Hmm...

Anyway, our combined FG and extra point percentage was 2nd worst in the league. Only to Cleveland. I suppose you could be dead last, which would technically be worse.

:noidea:

However, second to last, coupled with missing a routine kick (43 yards on a near windless January night at Soldier Field and 40 degree temps) to end your team's season? Yeah, you didn't earn a second chance. No emotion needed on this one. Hard numbers and facts say "see ya!".

Hey, if my sister's dating a guy who beats her senseless on a regular basis. Should I tell her to stick with him? Let him redeem himself? I mean, ya know... the next guy could be worse. He could kill her!