• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Murrray Stat

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Murray likes to get his hands on the ball, too, because good things happen when he does. In games when he receives 20 or more carries, the Cowboys are 11-0.
It’s a striking stat considering that Dallas is 24-24 since Murray entered the NFL in 2011. But throughout Murray’s tenure with the club, the Cowboys have been reluctant to feature him as they’ve tried to defeat opponents with an offense powered almost exclusively by Romo’s arm.

Now I understand that this is more a function of the fact that teams in the lead run the ball than it is a function of winning BECAUSE we are running the ball, but I still thought it was a very telling stat. We MUST commit to running the ball. Our OL is finally expected to be a very good and the best thing we can do for our defense is to shorten the game and to give them a rest.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I understand that we need to outscore the opposition as the defense has sucked since zimmer left. Still no excuses to not run the ball when the cowboys have a big lead. Cowboys seem to give away 1 or 2 games per year because they refused to run the ball

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More big play opportunities will be there if the cowboys commited to the run. One problem is the fact we have nobody behind murray. This copeland guy is interesting. I would rather see him as the backup running back than randle. Copeland is a load and runs as fast as randle and will also handle full back duties

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More big play opportunities will be there if the cowboys commited to the run. One problem is the fact we have nobody behind murray. This copeland guy is interesting. I would rather see him as the backup running back than randle. Copeland is a load and runs as fast as randle and will also handle full back duties

I'm not a coach, but that is a horrible idea IMO. He's like 270lbs and split time even as a FB his senior year in College and you think he can be a FT RB in the NFL if Murray gets hurt?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a coach, but that is a horrible idea IMO. He's like 270lbs and split time even as a FB his senior year in College and you think he can be a FT RB in the NFL if Murray gets hurt?

well? Wasn't it you that said perplexing earlier?

now maybe it's me, but a whole lot a that perplexing comes in bunches from some more than others here and I've always thought that was by design.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I understand that we need to outscore the opposition as the defense has sucked since zimmer left. Still no excuses to not run the ball when the cowboys have a big lead. Cowboys seem to give away 1 or 2 games per year because they refused to run the ball

how often have the Cowboys had a big lead in a game the last few years?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how often have the Cowboys had a big lead in a game the last few years?

Not real often, but the packer game last season and the detroit game a few seasons ago come to mind. Cowboys had no business losing those games.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a coach, but that is a horrible idea IMO. He's like 270lbs and split time even as a FB his senior year in College and you think he can be a FT RB in the NFL if Murray gets hurt?[/QUOT

Having Randle as a backup is a horrible idea. He sucks. Did you actually watch him play last season?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Randle, but he was in his first year. Let's see if he is any better this year. Regardless, I'm not against finding a better backup, as a matter of fact I'm all for the competition there. My point is that making Copeland that backup is not a reasonable solution IMO. He may not even make the team as a FB, let alone a featured RB in a single set that we run most of the time. You want to say bring him in at the goal line (If he makes the team) I don't think it's a good idea for reasons I can get into, but at least I understand the thought. I'm not trying to patronize you or anything, but it is completely unrealistic to think we would use him as our main RB if Murray got hurt IMO.

The guy ran the ball 13 times for 25 yards last year in 8 games in College. In Randle's last College season he ran the ball 274 times for 1,417 and the year before he had 24 TDs. Again, I'm not saying stick with Randle, but why we would switch to Copeland and expect an improvement?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Williams will make us 4get about Randle. Williams went higher than Murray in the same draft- not that that means a ton but he obviously has some talent.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not real often, but the packer game last season and the detroit game a few seasons ago come to mind. Cowboys had no business losing those games.

no they didn't but personally i think it was more the porous defense than the fact we didn't run the ball more. it seemed like every time the Packers had the ball they went thru our defense like a hot knife thru butter. same with Detroit

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they didn't but personally i think it was more the porous defense than the fact we didn't run the ball more. it seemed like every time the Packers had the ball they went thru our defense like a hot knife thru butter. same with Detroit

Defense sucked for sure, but simply running out the clock would have won the games with or without our porous defense. So the fact that our defense blew it doesn't excuse the fact that our play callers and QB (audibles) screwed up too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Williams will make us 4get about Randle. Williams went higher than Murray in the same draft- not that that means a ton but he obviously has some talent.

well, I'm not sure what will happen there, but clearly the competition is a good thing. Seems like RB should be a real strength this year with health. We have a top 10 starter, a good change of pace scat back that is explosive in the open field and a couple of other guys fighting for the #3 spot...and hopefully Clutts or Copeland proves to be a FB worthy of keeping on the final roster and capable of opening holes

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see enough of Randle to pronounce him anything. I actually thought he wasn't half bad in his limited opportnities

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Copeland can make the team as a FB but I cant see moving him to a RB

We need to run the ball more and not be so damn pass happy IMO

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense sucked for sure, but simply running out the clock would have won the games with or without our porous defense. So the fact that our defense blew it doesn't excuse the fact that our play callers and QB (audibles) screwed up too.

it is a reach to assume that we could have run the 4 or 5 plays it would have taken to run out the clock

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running the ball in the second half could have chewed up the clock more in certain games but there was never a chance in which we could have just ran it 3 times and punted it and the game was over. I saw Detroit go 80 yds in 30 seconds - so Im not sure we really ever wanted the defense on the field unless we were up 2 scores. Our offense -QB, Head Coach, OC- should take some blame but ever since the Giant game 2 seasons ago- the defense cant be trusted.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to just go with conventional wisdom to win games in the NFL. Football 101.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to just go with conventional wisdom to win games in the NFL. Football 101.

Exactly. The thing I like most about Parcells was hearing him talk about how the number of rushing attempts in a game equated to winning %. Not the average per attempt or yards per game. Just number of attempts. Anyone who watched Denver win with Tebow completing 30% of his passes should be able to buy in. Imagine what would happen if you did that with a QB that could actually throw