• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Alex Smith article

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd have to say, if smith was helping kap this much, i'd eventually like to see us bring him back as a qb coach.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd have to say, if smith was helping kap this much, i'd eventually like to see us bring him back as a qb coach.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was in his future at some point, but he's a really smart guy and will likely have many options.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bay Area Sports Guy ? Despite Mike Nolan?s best efforts, Alex Smith is still a starting NFL QB

Written by a fan, but it has some quotes I hadn't read before. As always, biased, but Nolan was stubborn and not fit to be a HC here. Not sure if anywhere else under different circumstances or at different times.

Related: This article below, written in December 2010 (linked in article above), talks about Nolan saying essentially that he lost his job by hitching his wagon to Alex Smith - but he coached almost a full season and a full off-season after Smith's last torn-shouldered snap under Nolan. :gaah:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God you wrote that! I was for just one moment lost wondering what I should do! ;)

Haha, I knew it was low on the totem pole for everyone, lower than a totem pole can go, but if I stumbled across it, I had to post it. I know, no I didn't. It was the quotes that I thought were so dumb and I appreciate Harbaugh even more, if that's possible. Nolan would just complain about not having the savior QB, Harbaugh did what he could with who he had and the situation and got his own. I suppose if Nolan drafted his own defensive players, that's more similar.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha, I knew it was low on the totem pole for everyone, lower than a totem pole can go, but if I stumbled across it, I had to post it. I know, no I didn't. It was the quotes that I thought were so dumb and I appreciate Harbaugh even more, if that's possible. Nolan would just complain about not having the savior QB, Harbaugh did what he could with who he had and the situation and got his own. I suppose if Nolan drafted his own defensive players, that's more similar.

Going way off topic, but the lower a carving is on a totem pole, the more importance it holds to the family. Being high on the totem pole means less significance.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going way off topic, but the lower a carving is on a totem pole, the more importance it holds to the family. Being high on the totem pole means less significance.

Thanks, Canadian.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, people like myself getting that wrong must be someone out there's pet peeve like people saying they "could care less" is for me. Now, I can avoid such annoyances. I'll find other ways to annoy. ;)

Even though it's correct, I get bugged by the "you gotta make so and so beat you with their legs," when I think, "no, you better make so and so lose trying to use their legs." Or just, force them out of the pocket.