• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting article

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but with a new coach wouldn't they move on from him to get cap relief and get draft picks? They cant compete in the NFC North. Same goes for Atlanta.
Wouldn’t they keep a franchise qb ? There is no guarantee they get another

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t they keep a franchise qb ? There is no guarantee they get another

At this point in his career? I could see if they were contenders but the new coach should get some time to rebuild with cap relief and draft picks.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason
Not saying we can't use Darby, I believe he is a FA. I just don't want to spend money there when we could use the money elsewhere. I did see more of FM this past weekend which was a pleasant surprise.
For some reason Del Rio doesn't seem to high on FM. I'd like to bring Darby back at the right price of course.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career? I could see if they were contenders but the new coach should get some time to rebuild with cap relief and draft picks.
Yep should take 3 yrs top

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistic QB Options in the Offseason - Hogs Haven

If we somehow trade for Stafford and give up a 2nd or 3rd isnt this the same philoshy Bruce Allen did when trading for Alex Smith? We did have to give up Fuller and a 3rd to get Smith but if Stafford can be had for a 2nd or 3rd do we do it? Plus this author thinks that Jones or Trask wont be there when we pick in the 2nd round. We do have two 3rd round picks this year b/c of the Trent Williams trade. With our defense and if you add Stafford we should become instant contenders.

I would give up a third for Stafford. It is far different than AS. Stafford’s contract is already there and he has proven he can carry a team, rather than a team carry him. He has never been blessed with a top defense or a top run game.

Fuller has played like a first round pick and had just had a great year on his rookie contract.

Who cares if Jones or Trask are there? You can’t worry about prospects that don’t make it to the position they SHOULD be drafted. If they don’t make it, get a prospect that actually deserves the spot.

Stop worrying about instant. Build the team properly.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason

For some reason Del Rio doesn't seem to high on FM. I'd like to bring Darby back at the right price of course.
I really think Darby gets paid. He signed a 1 yr 4m deal to play this year. Probably looking at 3 yrs 24m to resign him?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a third for Stafford. It is far different than AS. Stafford’s contract is already there and he has proven he can carry a team, rather than a team carry him. He has never been blessed with a top defense or a top run game.

Fuller has played like a first round pick and had just had a great year on his rookie contract.

Who cares if Jones or Trask are there? You can’t worry about prospects that don’t make it to the position they SHOULD be drafted. If they don’t make it, get a prospect that actually deserves the spot.

Stop worrying about instant. Build the team properly.

I meant being the same by bringing in a vet Qb in with a high contract. Stafford could cost more than a 3rd.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we need to stop with the artificial pressure , sit back , breathe , and analyze what our cap looks like , see how we can use our draft and target our good drafties to resign and simply draft the replacements for the others

we got settle and curl and holcomb in the later rounds . we can do it again if we need to at those or other positions .

we act like we dont have cap space . we do this year and we can next year as well . so resign sherrf , resign allen and payne then see if you can do settle

go after the type of free agents we did this year . it was the most successful FA signing period i can remember from this team

we have some young guys who could be answers . hudson at LB , smith williams on the d/line Charles on the o/line AGG at wr . if they could be at least solid depth then we are in business

stay away from any FA above age 28 . stay away from big names

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we need to stop with the artificial pressure , sit back , breathe , and analyze what our cap looks like , see how we can use our draft and target our good drafties to resign and simply draft the replacements for the others

we got settle and curl and holcomb in the later rounds . we can do it again if we need to at those or other positions .

we act like we dont have cap space . we do this year and we can next year as well . so resign sherrf , resign allen and payne then see if you can do settle

go after the type of free agents we did this year . it was the most successful FA signing period i can remember from this team

we have some young guys who could be answers . hudson at LB , smith williams on the d/line Charles on the o/line AGG at wr . if they could be at least solid depth then we are in business

stay away from any FA above age 28 . stay away from big names

Well if we want Stafford then we are going to have to do something in March. Cant wait for the draft. You would think Stafford would want to come here. Why stay in Detroit?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Stafford any better than Cousins?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we want Stafford then we are going to have to do something in March. Cant wait for the draft. You would think Stafford would want to come here. Why stay in Detroit?
whats the difference between detroit and WFT , dean ? both are losing organizations and have been . why wouldnt the 49ers come in and grab stafford ? why not the colts ?

now tell me we wont have to overpay in players and picks and increase his salary

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the difference between detroit and WFT , dean ? both are losing organizations and have been . why wouldnt the 49ers come in and grab stafford ? why not the colts ?

now tell me we wont have to overpay in players and picks and increase his salary

b/c we have the dominate defense

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so does INDY , and it has better ownership same with the 49ers

Right but we have a shot. The point is why would he want to stay in Detroit? We can offer one of our Dt's and picks for him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but we have a shot. The point is why would he want to stay in Detroit? We can offer one of our Dt's and picks for him.
the question is why would detroit let him go ? he is a franchise qb . the lions could be us next year , in the playoffs . and we are losing RK next year so now we are giving up another versatile d/lineman and draft picks ? lewts make our strength weaker to get what ?

again the 49ers and the colts are better situations so we will have to overpay for his services

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the question is why would detroit let him go ? he is a franchise qb . the lions could be us next year , in the playoffs . and we are losing RK next year so now we are giving up another versatile d/lineman and draft picks ? lewts make our strength weaker to get what ?

again the 49ers and the colts are better situations so we will have to overpay for his services

To get a QB who can win right away. Trade one of the 4 Dts and a pick to get him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a QB but not at the price of Payne, Allen, or Ioannidis.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get a QB who can win right away. Trade one of the 4 Dts and a pick to get him.
stafford can win right away i know why we would want him but why would detroit let him go ?