• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indy just got more interesting

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy, Trent Richardson is a top 5 talent for sure. In my opinion this is a steal for the Colts. Richardson was what a third overall last year? And the draft pick the Colts gave up will most likely be a late first rounder.

I'm not sure what the Browns are thinking but for the Colts it makes perfect sense. They have a franchise quarterback with some great weapons at wr and now they have their potential franchise rb. With Peyton and Brady on the decline and maybe being out of the league in 2-3 years, if they improve their defense and oline the AFC could belong to Luck and the Colts for the decade to come

That's why it makes NO SENSE... Give up a 3rd overall pick for a 1st rounder that might be a 20th something pick... WTF is that all about ? Browns ownership must-a got a back room deal because it makes no @#$%ing sense on paper...

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad this trade did not happen earlier. I would love to see him roll over the Niners Defense, but with limited time this week to learn the playbook, he may not get the chance. Indy just got their Beast and he could do the same thing to the Niners as Lynch did. Our matchup the following week will be tougher as he learns the system there.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be that surprised if he's a full participant in the game on Sunday. The RB playbook is generally much easier to learn, even without full knowledge of the playbook, he's a better option than their current RB staff.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised a team like Denver or Green Bay didn't consider making this move. Can you imagine pairing up T-rich with Peyton Manning?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised a team like Denver or Green Bay didn't consider making this move. Can you imagine pairing up T-rich with Peyton Manning?

I actually think that Green Bay is gonna be okay running the ball this year. They finally got a 100 yard rusher in a game for the first time in about 4 years, which, for them, is progress.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chuck Pagano says they're gonna use him as much as they can Sunday so hopefully he shows some of that Alabama dominance and the Colts can go in and keep the 9ers pressed into the turf so we can extend our division lead this week.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chuck Pagano says they're gonna use him as much as they can Sunday so hopefully he shows some of that Alabama dominance and the Colts can go in and keep the 9ers pressed into the turf so we can extend our division lead this week.

That would be nice but my guess is it is more likely that Luck will get pounded into the turf about a 12-15 times and complete about 50% of his passes. I would predict a couple of INTs also, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the 9er secondary.

Much like Luck, I am not all that impressed with TRich. So far they have been a couple of big potential players with a ton of hype that have not really produced on the field to the extent that the hype that they receive (with the exception of Luck's 4th quarter comeback stat, which is very impressive).

You can try and justify this with lack of supporting cast arguements or whatever, but I still want to see the output before buying into the frenzy. Low passing percentages, bad TD to INT ratios for Luck, and low YPC combined with no real sign of burst or top end speed for TRich do not impress me.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice but my guess is it is more likely that Luck will get pounded into the turf about a 12-15 times and complete about 50% of his passes. I would predict a couple of INTs also, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the 9er secondary.

Much like Luck, I am not all that impressed with TRich. So far they have been a couple of big potential players with a ton of hype that have not really produced on the field to the extent that the hype that they receive (with the exception of Luck's 4th quarter comeback stat, which is very impressive).

You can try and justify this with lack of supporting cast arguements or whatever, but I still want to see the output before buying into the frenzy. Low passing percentages, bad TD to INT ratios for Luck, and low YPC combined with no real sign of burst or top end speed for TRich do not impress me.

I have not seen enough of TRich but I do know they gave up on his pretty quickly... Maybe the Browns know something we all don't know because it's a baffling deal otherwise...

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that Green Bay is gonna be okay running the ball this year. They finally got a 100 yard rusher in a game for the first time in about 4 years, which, for them, is progress.

I think that 100 yard rusher says more about how bad the Redskins D is, more so than GB improving.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to the Cleveland FO seeing too many holes and wanting to load up on the 2014 draft to fix them. How well they draft is what will be the deciding factor on this trade being a good idea or a bad idea.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to the Cleveland FO seeing too many holes and wanting to load up on the 2014 draft to fix them. How well they draft is what will be the deciding factor on this trade being a good idea or a bad idea.

And as of late they have not drafted well. I think I read in another thread where someone stated that Cleveland has had lots of high draft picks for the last 10 years and all it has done is lead to more high draft picks! :lol:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as of late they have not drafted well. I think I read in another thread where someone stated that Cleveland has had lots of high draft picks for the last 10 years and all it has done is lead to more high draft picks! :lol:

True, but they are under new management. From the owner on down.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that 100 yard rusher says more about how bad the Redskins D is, more so than GB improving.

Good point. I guess we'll find out.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Browns covet Ben Tate in free agency, open to trading Josh Gordon and Greg Little, source says - ESPN

I'm unable to start a new thread so I'll post it here......what do you guys think about the Hawks trading for Josh Gordon?.....he seems like a stud who has size and can strech the field...only 22 years old.

I'm not against it, but it really depends on the price. Reports say that Cleveland already has an offer for him, but they want more. What was offered, IDK, but I wouldn't want to give up much more than a 5th or 6th.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Browns covet Ben Tate in free agency, open to trading Josh Gordon and Greg Little, source says - ESPN

I'm unable to start a new thread so I'll post it here......what do you guys think about the Hawks trading for Josh Gordon?.....he seems like a stud who has size and can strech the field...only 22 years old.

If we do go that route it would tell me that rice or Golden would not be back next year. (They still might not be back, but this would seal the deal for one of them) It could also show management is afraid of how healthy Harvin is going to be. Also don't know how long Gordon is under contact and I'm afraid the Browns will want an arm and a leg to give him up. My guess is we don't get involved.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against it, but it really depends on the price. Reports say that Cleveland already has an offer for him, but they want more. What was offered, IDK, but I wouldn't want to give up much more than a 5th or 6th.

I was thinking more like a 2nd rounder+5th or something...

If we do go that route it would tell me that rice or Golden would not be back next year. (They still might not be back, but this would seal the deal for one of them) It could also show management is afraid of how healthy Harvin is going to be. Also don't know how long Gordon is under contact and I'm afraid the Browns will want an arm and a leg to give him up. My guess is we don't get involved.

Rice should be gone next season considering his cap hit.....imagine having Harvin,Gordon,Tate,Baldwin as your top 4 next season.....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't want to give them more than they used to get him. Second, I don't think WRs are as hard to get as all that. We already gave up a 1st for a WR, and as much as I would like to have a 6'3" downfield threat, I really wouldn't want to give up the picks unless the team was totally sold that he was our future at WR.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rice should be gone next season considering his cap hit.....imagine having Harvin,Gordon,Tate,Baldwin as your top 4 next season.....

He can always redo his contact and remain, however if they get Gordon than yes he'd be gone. Also I think Tate is in his last year, so he may not be back. And I don't want to give a 2 round, I do it for a fourth or fifth but nothing else. Dose Gordon have three or four years left on his contract?:noidea:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can always redo his contact and remain, however if they get Gordon than yes he'd be gone. Also I think Tate is in his last year, so he may not be back. And I don't want to give a 2 round, I do it for a fourth or fifth but nothing else. Dose Gordon have three or four years left on his contract?:noidea:

He signed a 4 year rookie deal last year, so that would be 3 including this season.