• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indy just got more interesting

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, hopefully that is good news for the Colts Sunday.

It's also really good news for my survivor leagues since I was feeling really nervous about picking Minnesota over Cleveland. I'm feeling a lot better now with a banged of Weeden and no Trent Richardson for Cleveland.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There O line is still very suspect.

But yes, the Colts improve with this move. Makes that road game harder.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we are a better team. Especially because of our defense. We should also have Browner, Irvin and Clem back by then. Also think T Rich is a little overrated but he does improve what they have.

If they improved their D I would be a little more worried just because our Offense has some question marks. Especially with this Okung situation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Colts just traded for Trent Richardson. That makes them better, doesn't it?

Trent Richardson traded to Colts from Browns for pick - NFL.com

I definitely think so. Richardson is more of a workhorse back than Ahmad Bradshaw is, IMO. Plus, TheSportingNews.com gives a pretty compelling argument as to why being in Indy will make TRich a better RB:

"Richardson had averaged 3.5 yards per carry with Cleveland, and 159 of his 298 carries came against five-man fronts.
Teams won't be able to load up the box against Richardson in Indianapolis, where he is teamed with Andrew Luck."

Cleveland trades Trent Richardson to Indianapolis - Sporting News

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indys O line is not great, but still a lot better than Cleveland's, as good as he did in Cleveland, he will do a lot better in Indy.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always interesting to see a team throw in the towel on a season during week 2.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty curious trade unless they have already decided to throw in the towel and try to get one of the top QBs coming out. :noidea:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a Browns fan, I'd be pissed. A team that is as bad as they have been just giving up on a first rounder the year after he was drafted is just insane. It isn't as if he's the reason they've been losing, and he was actually fairly productive.

The team has only 2 winning seasons since coming back in the league in 99. When are the Browns going to actually start caring about the winning record of this season and not about the possibility of a winning record next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article-2358744-1AB953E3000005DC-669_634x286.jpg

I ripped this off from IPostedWhat on the front page, but this really must be how Browns fans feel.
article-2358744-1AB953E3000005DC-669_634x286.jpg

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this makes no sense on Cleveland's end of things unless, as you guys stated, they're already in tank mode. But it's week 3! By doing this now, they're basically telling their fans that they're already giving up on the season. I'd be protesting outside team headquarters or the stadium if I was a Browns fan.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things have been going it must start at the top,,,Jimmy Haslam as an owner he should be forced to sell to someone willing to make the team viable.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things have been going it must start at the top,,,Jimmy Haslam as an owner he should be forced to sell to someone willing to make the team viable.

I don't think he can be forced to sell unless his legal problems land him in prison or bankrupt. Besides, it's not like the Browns were trying to win with the last ownership group either.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks getting new ownership for your favorite team is an automatic upgrade. Be careful what you wish for. Sure, there's a chance that things will improve under new ownership, but there's also a chance that things will stay the same or get worse. Even selling to a local guy/group doesn't guarantee better days ahead. The Seahawks got lucky when Paul Allen bought the team. The Mariners did too for about 7 years from the mid-90's to the early 2000's before falling off a cliff. The Sonics? Not so much. The Browns got a brand new team after losing theirs, but they've been terrible for that entire run with two different ownership groups and the current ownership group is going to be putting up with legal woes for the foreseeable future. There's no guarantee that the next group will be any better.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy, Trent Richardson is a top 5 talent for sure. In my opinion this is a steal for the Colts. Richardson was what a third overall last year? And the draft pick the Colts gave up will most likely be a late first rounder.

I'm not sure what the Browns are thinking but for the Colts it makes perfect sense. They have a franchise quarterback with some great weapons at wr and now they have their potential franchise rb. With Peyton and Brady on the decline and maybe being out of the league in 2-3 years, if they improve their defense and oline the AFC could belong to Luck and the Colts for the decade to come

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm will Trent be able to play against the 49ers? I sure hope so.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most might disagree with me, but this was a good move on the Browns part. Yes, it sucks for their fans knowing the season is over after two weeks, but there is hope for the future if management drafts smartly. They are now legit contenders for Teddy Bridgewater, another first round pick to use and depending on where they draft, a very high second round pick. Trade Richardson now while his stock is high because it would be the Browns luck they would wait till the trade deadline and he gets hurt killing any chance for a first rounder. There's so much talent at RB that if the scouts do their homework they can find another one cheap in the later rounds while retooling their team with the first three picks.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most might disagree with me, but this was a good move on the Browns part. Yes, it sucks for their fans knowing the season is over after two weeks, but there is hope for the future if management drafts smartly. They are now legit contenders for Teddy Bridgewater, another first round pick to use and depending on where they draft, a very high second round pick. Trade Richardson now while his stock is high because it would be the Browns luck they would wait till the trade deadline and he gets hurt killing any chance for a first rounder. There's so much talent at RB that if the scouts do their homework they can find another one cheap in the later rounds while retooling their team with the first three picks.

Maybe this new ownership will be different, but even Cleveland fans would tell you that the phrase "...if management drafts smartly" is not one they've been able to use with the Browns ever since they came back into the league. It's been a completely foreign concept.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I read on ESPN said that Richardson will have to learn the playbook before he becomes the starter there or sees significant time, so that tells me that San Francisco can probably still safely gameplan for The Andrew Luck Show like they were before this trade went down. As others have mentioned, Luck's offensive line still leaves a lot to be desired (evidenced by how often he's been knocked down in two games already), so with Richardson still getting a feel for the offense there, that 49er front 7 should be able to tee off on Luck all day long. In other words, I wouldn't count on this move helping the Seahawks much this week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this new ownership will be different, but even Cleveland fans would tell you that the phrase "...if management drafts smartly" is not one they've been able to use with the Browns ever since they came back into the league. It's been a completely foreign concept.

This will be Joe Banner's chance to redo all the screw ups he had in Philly. Screw this draft up with the amount of extra picks, they might has well tell the fans they won't be able to compete for another decade.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez, you would think this is the most important sports story of the year with all the coverage given to it on the sports networks.:lame: