• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In light of the Matt Ryan trade. Once again a strategy employed by the used to be Skins now the Commanders......

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs are almost all solely a function of their QBs

Paying any of them huge money is nearly always a monster mistake

Hill got his money. Now hes going to fall off the face of the Earth. Just like other "great" WRs do when their QB goes from great to blah

Only way Washington should pay TM is if they get a legit franchise QB. Otherwise youre burning money

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although guilty of long posts I went for direct.

No doubt Terry has not been in the best situation or had the best QB. Which is why I said since Wentz has a better arm maybe he gets more balls to Terry.

My point, I am okay waiting one more year to pay him. Of course salaries will most likely go up.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow,!! So many points of view and zero answers to the most important questions with respect to TM. Here are the pertinent questions...

1. How do you properly evaluate him for the purposes of working out a new contract.

2. What does that contract look like relative to what's acceptable for both sides? (Considering the explosions in high dollar guaranteed contracts that are currently being dished out)

3. If you can't work out a deal do you FT him, or trade him? ( he has 2022 left on his current contract )

These are far more important than anything else at this point. I can't wait to read responses to these questions.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't against you MWAB --
But look at the guys mentioned, they all are in a Batman/Robin situation...they aren't taking on Deathstroke alone like Terry is.....

Cooper was already ballin' with Robert Woods and that elite defense
Jefferson has Cousins, Cook and Theilin
Adams has the bad bad man......and a solid RB in Jones/he's going to play with an elite TE....thats scary.
Ja'mar has his college QB, mixon, higgins and boyd
Deebo had a great year, he also has one of the best offensive minds in football in Kyle and he has George freakin Kittle
No explanation needed for Hill, Diggs Godwin or perhaps the best route runner in the NFL Allen.
AJ is one of the few i believe could just destroy whoever with whomever at QB.

you put Terry in any of these situations and he's top 10....debatable but likely
Speaking of AJ, pretty sure I heard titans were working on a deal to trade him to jets

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs are almost all solely a function of their QBs

Paying any of them huge money is nearly always a monster mistake

Hill got his money. Now hes going to fall off the face of the Earth. Just like other "great" WRs do when their QB goes from great to blah

Only way Washington should pay TM is if they get a legit franchise QB. Otherwise youre burning money

That's because they can't get proper compensation for ballin out as rookies.
Its like their being paid for past work.
Your insinuating Hill is going to disappear as if he wasn't the hottest thing in the game at WR. Once defenses started doubling him with a safety, he started destroying teams with crossing routes.
He deserves to be paid, this is the mistake Andy Reid always makes.
I don't understand how an employee shouldn't get a bonus or raise for completely going above and beyond.
Its best to get rid of him and bring in a guy unproven or less talented, making more work for others? Got it

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow,!! So many points of view and zero answers to the most important questions with respect to TM. Here are the pertinent questions...

1. How do you properly evaluate him for the purposes of worki ng out a new contract.
Go back to his days in college and see what his biggest weaknesses were. See how much if any he's improved upon those. Review every pass thrown to him over that past 3 seasons
2. What does that contract look like relative to what's acceptable for both sides? (Considering the explosions in high dollar guaranteed contracts that are currently being dished out)
Damn. The Jags paid Christian Kirk some cray cray money. And the Raiders and Dolphins took it to another level with Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. Adams is getting Wince money and Hill even more than that. The 20-22 mill range is the starting point I would imagine if the Skins are serious about retaining him.
3. If you can't work out a deal do you FT him, or trade him? ( he has 2022 left on his current contract )

These are far more important than anything else at this point. I can't wait to read responses to these questions.
If a deal can't be worked out then trade him. Considering the booty the Packkers bn Chiefs got as well as the shitty QBing of Washington. They should be able work out something.

I should add though Terry Mac is my fave player and I want to see what he can do on a good team. So I'm leaning towards him being an ex-Commander sooner rather than later.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how an employee shouldn't get a bonus or raise for completely going above and beyond.
It only works like that for QBs. This is the NFL were talking about after all.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add though Terry Mac is my fave player and I want to see what he can do on a good team. So I'm leaning towards him being an ex-Commander sooner rather than later.
Sad but true. At times I find myself happy to see a player leave because you know they are being held back here in Washington.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because they can't get proper compensation for ballin out as rookies.
Its like their being paid for past work.
Your insinuating Hill is going to disappear as if he wasn't the hottest thing in the game at WR. Once defenses started doubling him with a safety, he started destroying teams with crossing routes.
He deserves to be paid, this is the mistake Andy Reid always makes.
Its best to get rid of him and bring in a guy unproven or less talented, making more work for others? Got it
Im not insinuating anything. Im straight up saying WRs are almost always a creation of scheme and their QBs. If Hill had been drafted by the Jags hed be entering his 3rd year as an insurance salesman right now

KC will sign or draft a guy and that guy will look great. Because hes got Mahomes throwing him the ball in Reids offense

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not insinuating anything. Im straight up saying WRs are almost always a creation of scheme and their QBs. If Hill had been drafted by the Jags hed be entering his 3rd year as an insurance salesman right now

KC will sign or draft a guy and that guy will look great. Because hes got Mahomes throwing him the ball in Reids offense

Well then, Terry is the exception, because Terry fits the "hill drafted by jags" logic
And he's far from being jake from state farm.
Not knocking you at all, i just dont agree with you when it come to Terry.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, Terry is the exception, because Terry fits the "hill drafted by jags" logic
And he's far from being jake from state farm.
Not knocking you at all, i just dont agree with you when it come to Terry.
TM is a fine WR. Hes just not worth huge money unless you get a franchise QB to pair with him

As an Atlanta fan ive seen the " lets give this pass catcher huge money" routine enough to know it never works

A WR has never in league history put a team over the top

Youre much better off putting the money on the OL, DL, QB

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice sure looked good in SF, but you could also argue that catching passes from Montana and Young (two hall of famers) makes everybody look good.

Kellen Winslow looked awfully good back in the day too, but I don't know if he ever put the Chargers over the top. Probably not.

good point.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad but true. At times I find myself happy to see a player leave because you know they are being held back here in Washington.
I think about RK, who was my fave Skins player during his tenure here and the very good career that I don't wanna say was wasted, but had he been on a good team during the sweet spot of that career. From 2014 to 2018 when he picked up 60 sacks and was in the top 10 for sacks 4 of those 5 years as well as among the leaders in forced fumbles a few times including tied for the league lead in 2014. Maybe he'd have a ring or a couple wins in the playoffs. Or at the very least got a little more love on a national level from talking heads.

I remember @Stymietee talking about trading him back in the day, maybe even as far back as 2017 or 16 and I wasn't with it then. I think back to it now and damn for RK's sake I wish it would've been done. No doubt the Skins would've found a way to fuck off whatever they got in a trade, but for RK maybe it would've led to something.

I mean sure, he's the Washington Redskins all time sack leader which is really cool, but they don't exist anymore. And I gotta believe he'd give that up in a heartbeat for a legitimate shot or 2 at winning a Super Bowl ring. Which was something he was never gonna come close to as a Redskins player.

I just don't wanna see Tmac's career end up as RK's did spending a decade or so with Washington. And TM's production is much morre dependent on other players than RK's was. I don't want the best thing to be said about TM's career is "Too bad he had to play with 60 different QBs under 7 or 8 different HCs in his 10 or 12 year career as a Commander."

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TM is a fine WR. Hes just not worth huge money unless you get a franchise QB to pair with him

As an Atlanta fan ive seen the " lets give this pass catcher huge money" routine enough to know it never works

A WR has never in league history put a team over the top

Youre much better off putting the money on the OL, DL, QB

Really? You don't think Steve Smith literally carried the Panthers to the superbowl and was worth the money?

Also, since the team doesn't have a franchise qb , and an elite WR...just what do you do offensively to scare the defense and excite fans?

Again there are exceptions to the rule
You can't just say....don't pay cousins, brandon, etc....and still build a winner

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think about RK, who was my fave Skins player during his tenure here and the very good career that I don't wanna say was wasted, but had he been on a good team during the sweet spot of that career. From 2014 to 2018 when he picked up 60 sacks and was in the top 10 for sacks 4 of those 5 years as well as among the leaders in forced fumbles a few times including tied for the league lead in 2014. Maybe he'd have a ring or a couple wins in the playoffs. Or at the very least got a little more love on a national level from talking heads.

I remember @Stymietee talking about trading him back in the day, maybe even as far back as 2017 or 16 and I wasn't with it then. I think back to it now and damn for RK's sake I wish it would've been done. No doubt the Skins would've found a way to fuck off whatever they got in a trade, but for RK maybe it would've led to something.

I mean sure, he's the Washington Redskins all time sack leader which is really cool, but they don't exist anymore. And I gotta believe he'd give that up in a heartbeat for a legitimate shot or 2 at winning a Super Bowl ring. Which was something he was never gonna come close to as a Redskins player.

I just don't wanna see Tmac's career end up as RK's did spending a decade or so with Washington. And TM's production is much morre dependent on other players than RK's was. I don't want the best thing to be said about TM's career is "Too bad he had to play with 60 different QBs under 7 or 8 different HCs in his 10 or 12 year career as a Commander."

Well, to TM’s credit, it looks like he’s gollowing the Cousins/Sherff playbook right out the door.

Who can blame him, really?

The fact that Sherff took less money to sign with a worse team should be a new low for washington, but since there seemingly is no actual bottom for the redskins, I am fairly certain something worse will happen to them soon.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For selfish reasons I wanted RK to stay here but you are right.

I wanted Navarro to come here at some point for selfish reasons, knowing him since he was a kid. Home town guy while at the same time I hoped he would never come to this shit show.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For selfish reasons I wanted RK to stay here but you are right.

I wanted Navarro to come here at some point for selfish reasons, knowing him since he was a kid. Home town guy while at the same time I hoped he would never come to this shit show.
My son is a 9ers fan. We were at the last game played at Candlestick Park when Bowman sewed up a 9ers victory and a wild card berth scoring the last TD in Candlestick with an 89 yard pick 6.

I've been to a few professional events, a shitload of concerts, a couple plays etc and I've never experienced a moment as electric as when Bowman was rumbling to that TD. It was surreal.