• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Brozan supporting the man with the 7000 dollar suits news...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeRozan Supports Colangelo, Believes Toronto Has Pieces Worth Building Around
Feb 18, 2011 18:50 PM EST

After 133 games in a Raptors' uniform and 66 home games, RealGM asked DeMar DeRozan about his thoughts on the team's fan base as they have dealt with the departure of Chris Bosh and a disappointing 10-11 season.

"Their passion is definitely there," said DeRozan. "I think everybody realizes the impact of this past free agency slowed us down on where we wanted to be. It's just to get through this year and next year will be different."

DeRozan expressed support for general manager Bryan Colangelo and hopes he remains with the Raptors.

"Me personally, I love Bryan," said DeRozan to RealGM. "He drafted me and whatever happens I'll still support him. I hope (he comes back)."

DeRozan also believes the Raptors have strong pieces already in place that are worth building around.

"I know for a fact Bryan will do a great job with the key guys we have now to make us better."

DeRozan, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless are either 21 or 22, while Amir Johnson is just 23. Andrea Bargnani has been in the NBA since the 06-07 season, but he is still just 25.

Via Christopher Reina/RealGM

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'll start beleiveing what he says when he throws down some 270's tonight. Tonight is the night to sell some jersey and make a mark on stern, hardly any D

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i cant remember if they always do it but i found it odd how they anounced the sophpmores first. blake griffin is pretty damn heroic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do agree with the optimism of Brozan. We have some pieces that, while still in need of development, bring things to the table that we've never had before. Amir and Cheeseburger are two pillars that are crafty around the basket with Cheeseburger having a knack for rebounds and Amir getting better as a finisher and his rebounding is becoming really increasingly reliable.

Brozan is the type of player that has yet to develop a great jumpshot but his drives/finishes/aggressiveness to get to the line is something we desperately need on our team.

Right now we really need a stud PG or wing player who has a great outside shot to complement Bargs (as Balderon has lost his jumpshot, Owl jacks it harder than a trucker at staring at Sears Catalogue and Barbrosa/Bayless are super spotty). This stud player will also need to be sound on defense in order to stop some of the blow bys that have plagued this team.

The consistent weak point will be Barg's interior D though. It's a big hole that either Amir/Cheeseburger must develop to fill that hole or our team defense will have to improve so much that everyone covers for each other.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
cheeseburger and rosanne are going to be allstars, i'd put a nut on the line

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and its criminal how that reverse fetused CB7 was snubbed from the rookei game, he's better then anyone on both teams