• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In 5 years, who will be the better QB? Mariota or Winston?

In 5 years, who will be the better QB?

• Marcus Mariotta

• Jameis Winston

• They will both be out of football, or backups.

Results are only viewable after voting.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota will struggle with a pro system and Winston is going to have to deal with too many vices that come along with having a lot of money. Winston's career will probably be similar to Josh Freeman's.
You summed it well. We'll see how it goes, but I'm glad neither is a QB my team needs to count on.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet none of you would have thought Aaron Rodgers would even have half the career he has already had up to this point. You guys would say "Oh he will be a serviceable back up and nothing more". See how that turned out? I know nothing about Mariota or Winston because I do not watch college football. My point is this - you never know what is going to happen until it happens. So let's see. They might surprise you. Or, maybe not.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brett Hundley has the potential to be better than either of these guys in 4 years

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote and discuss...

My guess is Mariota, just because his name sounds cooler !!....LOL, that's as good a reason as any at this point, neither has done anything at this level to gauge them by.....College means nothing in the NFL as you well know..:D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota will be better IMO, how good he'll be IDK, but better then Winston I think.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked MM, only because Winston has to get through these first few years with his propensity to get in off field trouble. Would like to see both of them be long term success. It is a bummer how many good QB's come out of college and get on suck teams and have their careers ruined or injured.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will be starters in three years,,i called it out on RG3 and as Harold knows and a few others when i even posted it over at ESPN i stated he will not last,i may be wrong about one of these guys but that goes with predicting stuff,,out of the two if Mariotta matures well and does not get injured i could see him being a good QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Mariota, but if both teams GM's can't build a team around them then Winston/Mariota will be out of the league in 5 to 6 yrs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet none of you would have thought Aaron Rodgers would even have half the career he has already had up to this point. You guys would say "Oh he will be a serviceable back up and nothing more". See how that turned out? I know nothing about Mariota or Winston because I do not watch college football. My point is this - you never know what is going to happen until it happens. So let's see. They might surprise you. Or, maybe not.
Wow, very enlightening. You forgot "it is what it is", "you can only control what you can control", "whatever happens happens", etc.

/////

Anyway, I'm not totally on board with either guy; said at the time of the draft I wouldn't want to be in the position to have to pick one at the top of order, but if I aboslutely had to I would have went with MM. Winston is a clown, and you just cannot be a clown at the QB position at the NFL level and have long term success. I think a 3rd QB from this class is going to end up being better than both of these guys, but I'll go with Mariota over Winston.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will be starters in three years,,i called it out on RG3 and as Harold knows and a few others when i even posted it over at ESPN i stated he will not last,i may be wrong about one of these guys but that goes with predicting stuff,,out of the two if Mariotta matures well and does not get injured i could see him being a good QB.

I had the same predictions about RG3 years back and it looks like a lot of us were right about him. Thats that

Now as far as Winston goes i don't really know but i'd vote against him being around long term.....

Finally as for Mariota. Before i really got to know about him predraft i preferred to roll with Mettenberger. However once i became more open minded and started looking into the type of person Mariota was and how he plays i did a big complete turnaround. Mariota was 36-4 at Oregon and had one of the best TD/INT ratios in history 105TD/14INT. Mariota threw for over 10,000 yards and rushed for over 2,000.

Mariota is a true dual threat who can beat teams with his arm or his legs so he can win running the ball or throwing it. Mariota is pretty good with accuracy as well. He is one of those players he focuses 110 percent on getting better constantly and someone the team will never have to worry about as far as off the field bullshit.

Seeing what Mariota is made of and what he is about i don't think he will have any long term issues. Could he struggle as a rookie? Sure after all it is his first year. Now as far as all these posters predicting Mariota won't last four years and he will be out of the league after his first contract i have to disagree. I think Mariota will be in TN for a long time and will eventually be among the best QB's in the league. I think Mariota will be a QB for many years and be successful doing so.

I'm not blindly saying this or being a homer because i never liked Jake Locker from the get go but Mariota is the real deal and will get this team back on track.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same predictions about RG3 years back and it looks like a lot of us were right about him. Thats that

Now as far as Winston goes i don't really know but i'd vote against him being around long term.....

Finally as for Mariota. Before i really got to know about him predraft i preferred to roll with Mettenberger. However once i became more open minded and started looking into the type of person Mariota was and how he plays i did a big complete turnaround. Mariota was 36-4 at Oregon and had one of the best TD/INT ratios in history 105TD/14INT. Mariota threw for over 10,000 yards and rushed for over 2,000.

Mariota is a true dual threat who can beat teams with his arm or his legs so he can win running the ball or throwing it. Mariota is pretty good with accuracy as well. He is one of those players he focuses 110 percent on getting better constantly and someone the team will never have to worry about as far as off the field bullshit.

Seeing what Mariota is made of and what he is about i don't think he will have any long term issues. Could he struggle as a rookie? Sure after all it is his first year. Now as far as all these posters predicting Mariota won't last four years and he will be out of the league after his first contract i have to disagree. I think Mariota will be in TN for a long time and will eventually be among the best QB's in the league. I think Mariota will be a QB for many years and be successful doing so.

I'm not blindly saying this or being a homer because i never liked Jake Locker from the get go but Mariota is the real deal and will get this team back on track.

I admit i do not watch as much College as i used to,but when i hear about certain teams and players i keep my eye out due to them most likely hitting the draft in the NFL early,that said teams thrust new QB's out faster now which is a shame imo.

Thanks for your input on Mariota.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota was amazing in college, and I've seen him make every throw with ease. I don't understand why people think he can't make the throws? I don't see the question marks that everyone is bringing up. He doesn't really have an injury history, he's always been a great leader, and he rarely turns the ball over. I fully expect a great career out of Mariota and I'm glad to see the result of the poll.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota will be better IMO, how good he'll be IDK, but better then Winston I think.
That's where I stand. I think Mariota will be better but that doesn't mean I think he will succeed.
That was a very bad year for QB in the draft. Hunley may be the exception......

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota 13 of 16 passing,209 yards,4TD's. Like i said before lots of people predicting him to fail or saying he won't do much but you are wrong. Tried telling you this guy is the real deal.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit i do not watch as much College as i used to,but when i hear about certain teams and players i keep my eye out due to them most likely hitting the draft in the NFL early,that said teams thrust new QB's out faster now which is a shame imo.

Thanks for your input on Mariota.

Your Welcome

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I stand. I think Mariota will be better but that doesn't mean I think he will succeed.
That was a very bad year for QB in the draft. Hunley may be the exception......

LOL,Hundley isn't anywhere near as good as Mariota however he did go to a really good team.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brett Hundley has the potential to be better than either of these guys in 4 years

Agree, 100%

So Hundley will be better than any of the other QB's drafted in 2015? He might have a better win/loss record because he plays on a team with Aaron Rodgers.

I think Mariota will be the best out of all these QB's drafted this season as far as being a starting QB. Sure he is a rookie and yes he will have bad days all rookies do but overall i think he is here to stay.