• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Improvement

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOOO.........
Not that I have a thought relative to that question, but if he has part of the responsibility for the personnel currently on the field and we are happy with that personnel, then why SOOO opposed?

BB has had him around for a reason and maybe picking the right personnel was always his strength and game decisions just weren't? Was he the man behind some of the no name DBs through the years?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I have a thought relative to that question, but if he has part of the responsibility for the personnel currently on the field and we are happy with that personnel, then why SOOO opposed?

BB has had him around for a reason and maybe picking the right personnel was always his strength and game decisions just weren't? Was he the man behind some of the no name DBs through the years?
Having watched youtube vids of his lectures I have no doubt he is a VERY smart man. If he has helped with some of the players on the team this year then great.
Having watched some of his bend/don't break defenses that too often broke, I want him in personnel, not on the sideline.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia is actually a very, very intelligent man. He has a masters in nuclear thermodynamics and a masters in thermodynamic propulsion. Yeah, he's a rocket scientist coaching football. According to BB, he is uncanny in seeing things in players that 99% of coaches miss. He doesn't question it, he listens carefully. Matt has a problem with application and not having enough time to consider every alternative and in my opinion, when he makes a hurried decision, will too often take the most complex because of the potential result. That to often isn't the correct decision. But, he was the DC on Super Bowl Championship teams.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia is actually a very, very intelligent man. He has a masters in nuclear thermodynamics and a masters in thermodynamic propulsion. Yeah, he's a rocket scientist coaching football. According to BB, he is uncanny in seeing things in players that 99% of coaches miss. He doesn't question it, he listens carefully. Matt has a problem with application and not having enough time to consider every alternative and in my opinion, when he makes a hurried decision, will too often take the most complex because of the potential result. That to often isn't the correct decision. But, he was the DC on Super Bowl Championship teams.
He was.

He was also DC on Superbowl non winning teams when TB left the defense with a lead....just saying.

Could happen to anyone.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pending Buffalo game

In a Playoff Spot​

1. New England Patriots, 8-4 (AFC East leader)

2. Tennessee Titans, 8-4 (AFC South leader)

3. Baltimore Ravens, 8-4 (AFC North leader)

4. Kansas City Chiefs, 7-4 (AFC West leader)

5. Buffalo Bills, 7-4 (First wild card)

6. Los Angeles Chargers, 7-5 (Second wild card)

7. Cincinnati Bengals, 7-5 (Third wild card)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of the end of the game last night.

Schedule:

Patriots: @Indy, Bills, @Jags, @Dolphins
Titans: @Steelers, 49ers, Dolphins, @Texans
Ravens: Packers, @Bengals, Rams, Steelers
Chiefs: @Chargers,Steelers, @Bengals, @Broncos

Chargers: Chiefs, @Texans,Broncos, Raiders
Bengals: @Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, @Browns
Bills: @bucs, Panthers, Falcons, Jets

WHO doesn't make the playoffs?? Ravens?? Bengals??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Patriots(9-4) win against the Colts(7-6) and Bills(7-5), they win the AFC East and are guaranteed a playoff position. (No worse than 11-6)
If the Patriots(9-4) beat the Bills (7-5)and the Fins(6-7), they win the AFC East and guaranteed a playoff position (No worse than 11-6)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of the end of the game last night.

Schedule:

Patriots: @Indy, Bills, @Jags, @Dolphins
Titans: @Steelers, 49ers, Dolphins, @Texans
Ravens: Packers, @Bengals, Rams, Steelers
Chiefs: @Chargers,Steelers, @Bengals, @Broncos

Chargers: Chiefs, @Texans,Broncos, Raiders
Bengals: @Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, @Browns
Bills: @bucs, Panthers, Falcons, Jets

WHO doesn't make the playoffs?? Ravens?? Bengals??
I would not put money on any of those teams not getting in. Got a dart board?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headed to the playoffs.
One hell of a rebuilding year!
I predicted we'd go 11-6, we finish 10-6. I attribute the miss to game #1 fake fumble.
We never should have lost to the Colts!
I expected the split with Buffalo but we are now headed into unchartered territory, playing them a 3rd time we are going to have to give them surprises!
On to Buffalo!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the Pats can't develop young players. Heck Bill gets more out of no name undrafted players then anyone.

Also why not bring back White. Why go shopping elsewhere assuming he's recovered from surgery. He'd likely be cheaper than the others, he knows the system and he is on par with the other suggestions from the writer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the Pats can't develop young players. Heck Bill gets more out of no name undrafted players then anyone.

Also why not bring back White. Why go shopping elsewhere assuming he's recovered from surgery. He'd likely be cheaper than the others, he knows the system and he is on par with the other suggestions from the writer.
I think we need to get more out of our young linebackers.
These LB's should be kicking our old defenders to the curb.

Maybe it's not Bill?????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get more out of our young linebackers.
These LB's should be kicking our old defenders to the curb.

Maybe it's not Bill?????
Most of them have been hurt. I'm hoping they can live up to potential? Between injuries and lack of expirence in the NE system I can see it taking a few years. Still not against using our #1if one of the top 3 LBs are there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two new contracts signed yesterday may have set a new standard for free agents.

Jason Kelce C Eagles signed a one year $14M contract making him the highest paid Center in the NFL. Not bad for a 34 year old, 12 year vet.

Maxx Crosby DE Raiders set off alarms everywhere. He signed a 4 year $95M contract with $53M guaranteed. Yep, DEs are now in the $25M a year bracket.

Looks like the Patriots will be looking near the bottom of the free agent barrel. Can't imagine what some of the FAs will be looking for with contracts like those being offered. OTs like Trent Brown will easily be in the $20M-$23M a year range and will want 4-5 years and at least half guaranteed up front. Sign a four year $88M contract with $50M guaranteed and the team can spread the guarantee over four years but will write the $50M check before the players ink dries.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two new contracts signed yesterday may have set a new standard for free agents.

Jason Kelce C Eagles signed a one year $14M contract making him the highest paid Center in the NFL. Not bad for a 34 year old, 12 year vet.

Maxx Crosby DE Raiders set off alarms everywhere. He signed a 4 year $95M contract with $53M guaranteed. Yep, DEs are now in the $25M a year bracket.

Looks like the Patriots will be looking near the bottom of the free agent barrel. Can't imagine what some of the FAs will be looking for with contracts like those being offered. OTs like Trent Brown will easily be in the $20M-$23M a year range and will want 4-5 years and at least half guaranteed up front. Sign a four year $88M contract with $50M guaranteed and the team can spread the guarantee over four years but will write the $50M check before the players ink dries.
Bill doesn't typically make a lot of free agent splashes. Last year was different.