• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Improvement

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improvement is what the Pats have showed. Good players, good team play.

With all the stuff people say about AFC sucking, Pats are the team to beat now.
They are playing hard ball.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks more like he was doing it patiently the whole time. If the Pats went 10-6 last year, would they have this team this year?
Scary start to the season, but coaching has improved. A lot. Looking good.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long u been watching nfl?
they dont tell u anything till they want to
Does anyone even know what concussion protocal is?

u have to report injuries but not their status and its why BB reports everyone is injured:suds:
He's come right out and said that the requirements for injury reports are so vague that the only way to be sure of compliance is to report everything. So, he reports everyone as probable or questionable, which fulfills the requirements but provides no real information.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge improvement in ball security. The Browns spent way too much effort trying to rip the ball away from anyone who was carrying it or catching it. I thought Stevenson was going to punch out #43 in the end zone after he scored the second TD. The asshole couldn't move the ball with both hands and the whistles were still blowing. Same thing when Bourne made the sideline catch and they ripped it out after he was down. If that was the game plan, it failed miserably and showed that the Patriots may have found a cure for their fumblitis.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge improvement in ball security. The Browns spent way too much effort trying to rip the ball away from anyone who was carrying it or catching it. I thought Stevenson was going to punch out #43 in the end zone after he scored the second TD. The asshole couldn't move the ball with both hands and the whistles were still blowing. Same thing when Bourne made the sideline catch and they ripped it out after he was down. If that was the game plan, it failed miserably and showed that the Patriots may have found a cure for their fumblitis.
The reality is this: Their "fumblitis" wasn't below NFL standards, just "The Patriot Way" standard...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching has improved, or coaching and execution are coming together?
All of the above.
YT: That's a great analytical question.

Carnzo: I agree with the positive sentiment but it implies the coaching itself was flawed when the reality could be the coaching was ahead of where the players were ready to execute and we are now seeing better results with coaching and execution coming together...

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YT: That's a great analytical question.

Carnzo: I agree with the positive sentiment but it implies the coaching itself was flawed when the reality could be the coaching was ahead of where the players were ready to execute and we are now seeing better results with coaching and execution coming together...
I think McDaniels was holding Jones back until the last few games.
I understand why though, rookie and all.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McDaniels was holding Jones back until the last few games.
I understand why though, rookie and all.
Maybe it wasn't Jones that was being held back. Maybe it was the "Offense" that was not allowed to go full throttle until everything is "broken in"
Bourne, Henry, Smith, Agholor, Stevenson, and more, all new to the Pats as well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's come right out and said that the requirements for injury reports are so vague that the only way to be sure of compliance is to report everything. So, he reports everyone as probable or questionable, which fulfills the requirements but provides no real information.
I still believe that Stevenson practiced Friday - after the media left!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my thoughts....

1. The Patriots offensive line has literally been in transition through the entire season and finally settled in during the last two games. They still have some small problems. Wynn has problems forcing speed rushers to take an alternate route to Mac. Andrews is small for the NFL and has had a holding call in every game at the worst times. He's an above average center but has a problem handling guys that are over 6'3" and weigh more than 315 lbs.

2. Jonnu Smith hasn't lived up to his preseason billing. Her makes bad mistakes, especially holding calls when the Patriots decide to air it out. He's also made some bad drops. What's been happening is that Bill has him on the sideline during critical third downs and puts in an offensive lineman to block. He's not performing to his contract value. He really needs to step up his game over the final six games if the Patriots want to take some pressure off.

3. Kyle Duggar has been a beast over the past three games. Talk about a solid Safety group. McCourty, Phillips and Duggar may be the best three tandem in the NFL. Add the outstanding performance of JC Jackson, Jalen Mills and Myles Bryant and opposing teams are having real problems getting the ball downfield. Bill signed Justin Bethel and Cody Davis as free agents for ST but they both had bad holding calls on two excellent kick returns by Gunner against the Falcons.

4. I don't know where Hightower went over the past two week to get his blood transfused, but his performance has been ignored because Van Noy and Judon are getting all of the attention with their sacks. With Jaimie Collins sidelined with a hamstring issue, having Winovich back may benefit the LB corps.

5. Defensive line has become outstanding. Ray Guy, Godchaux and Barmore are a force to be reckoned with along with Detrich Wise. I just wonder what every happened to free agent signees Carl Davis, Henry Anderson and Montravius Adams?

6. Can't say much bad about the offensive backfield. Mac Jones is doing exactly what he needs to do. He's managing games when that is what's needed and he's opening up enough to force the safeties to back away from the line of scrimmage and giving the RBs room to run.

I'll admit that I had some very negative thought early in the season, but I didn't see the potential for this much improvement in short period of time. One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that BB has actually taken over the duties of OC because neither Jerrod Mayo or Steve Belichick were doing the job that he wanted. Now both are back under the Master's Tutorial and learning how it's supposed to be done. JM is handling the LB and SB the secondary. Makes one wonder if Patricia will stay as the Personnel Director or get back on the sideline as the DC?

The last few games have allowed the offense and defense to work out many of the bugs and deficiencies of the early part of the season. Now comes a near 90 degree uphill climb against much tougher opposition. The Titans have climbed ahead of the Bills as the AFC favorite to reach the Super Bow, then the Bills who are trying to stay at the top of the mountain, then the Colts who don't appear to be in quite the same penthouse level as the Titans or Bills and then home again for another meeting with the Bills. Then one must wonder and be cautious because the final two games are against the Jags, who beat the Bills and the Dolphins who pinned the first loss of the year on the Patriots.

If the Patriots can pull off wins in the next two week, I'll be laying $1000 on the Patriots to make the Super Bowl. Yep. AFC Champions.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my thoughts....

1. The Patriots offensive line has literally been in transition through the entire season and finally settled in during the last two games. They still have some small problems. Wynn has problems forcing speed rushers to take an alternate route to Mac. Andrews is small for the NFL and has had a holding call in every game at the worst times. He's an above average center but has a problem handling guys that are over 6'3" and weigh more than 315 lbs.

2. Jonnu Smith hasn't lived up to his preseason billing. Her makes bad mistakes, especially holding calls when the Patriots decide to air it out. He's also made some bad drops. What's been happening is that Bill has him on the sideline during critical third downs and puts in an offensive lineman to block. He's not performing to his contract value. He really needs to step up his game over the final six games if the Patriots want to take some pressure off.

3. Kyle Duggar has been a beast over the past three games. Talk about a solid Safety group. McCourty, Phillips and Duggar may be the best three tandem in the NFL. Add the outstanding performance of JC Jackson, Jalen Mills and Myles Bryant and opposing teams are having real problems getting the ball downfield. Bill signed Justin Bethel and Cody Davis as free agents for ST but they both had bad holding calls on two excellent kick returns by Gunner against the Falcons.

4. I don't know where Hightower went over the past two week to get his blood transfused, but his performance has been ignored because Van Noy and Judon are getting all of the attention with their sacks. With Jaimie Collins sidelined with a hamstring issue, having Winovich back may benefit the LB corps.

5. Defensive line has become outstanding. Ray Guy, Godchaux and Barmore are a force to be reckoned with along with Detrich Wise. I just wonder what every happened to free agent signees Carl Davis, Henry Anderson and Montravius Adams?

6. Can't say much bad about the offensive backfield. Mac Jones is doing exactly what he needs to do. He's managing games when that is what's needed and he's opening up enough to force the safeties to back away from the line of scrimmage and giving the RBs room to run.

I'll admit that I had some very negative thought early in the season, but I didn't see the potential for this much improvement in short period of time. One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that BB has actually taken over the duties of OC because neither Jerrod Mayo or Steve Belichick were doing the job that he wanted. Now both are back under the Master's Tutorial and learning how it's supposed to be done. JM is handling the LB and SB the secondary. Makes one wonder if Patricia will stay as the Personnel Director or get back on the sideline as the DC?

The last few games have allowed the offense and defense to work out many of the bugs and deficiencies of the early part of the season. Now comes a near 90 degree uphill climb against much tougher opposition. The Titans have climbed ahead of the Bills as the AFC favorite to reach the Super Bow, then the Bills who are trying to stay at the top of the mountain, then the Colts who don't appear to be in quite the same penthouse level as the Titans or Bills and then home again for another meeting with the Bills. Then one must wonder and be cautious because the final two games are against the Jags, who beat the Bills and the Dolphins who pinned the first loss of the year on the Patriots.

If the Patriots can pull off wins in the next two week, I'll be laying $1000 on the Patriots to make the Super Bowl. Yep. AFC Champions.
1) Wynn plays better when he does not have to help the guard. If he sets up further outside that opens up a gap for a linebacker
2) Jonnu Smith has yet to reach his potential because of injuries. When he can practice and play more, he'll add value
3) everybody has bad days
4) Hightower still struggling but doing it on experience and leadership.
5) Ray Guy used to be a helluva punter! Carl Davis is a quality backup and has gotten on the field in 11 games. Montravious Adams was cut by NO
6) Check!
7) The defensive coaching has greatly improved with defenders doing their job!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes one wonder if Patricia will stay as the Personnel Director or get back on the sideline as the DC?

If that were to happen I would have to at least entertain the thought of putting a gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger.

Whoever is running the defense right now is doing an amazing job. To fuck with that would be completely stupid.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is running the defense right now is doing an amazing job.
Bill took over about a month ago. Steve is on the radio giving the defensive calls. I would guess that bill is telling him and he is relaying Bill's instructions. Or maybe Bill is directly calling in the defensive set ups. He is wearing the headset and has a mic.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused? I thought your prediction was the Pats would be lucky to win 3 games?