• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Important Question for the Board #1

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your humble consideration - Could this Denver Broncos team - have won the Super Bowl with Tim Tebow as the starter?

ironically - this would have been the perfect team to run Tebow as a QB - with this defense, but I say yes to this question by saying even Springstein could have quarterbacked this Bronco team to a championship.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this question in regards to just the one game vs Carolina, or, would it be the entire season with Tebow ?

The Bronco offense gained 197 yards in the Super Bowl .. According to the stats, that is the lowest offense output ever for a Super Bowl winner ..

There are so many variables involved - for example, there was something "magic" about that season with Tebow .. The way the Broncos were a dead organization, the "what the heck" last ditch attempt that led to Tebow being inserted as the starter - some actually felt that Elway was tanking it for the draft ... The adversity that faced not only Tebow, but the entire organization, and the way some of the vets ( Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins ) rallied around Tebow .. Those things cannot be duplicated ...

Back to the game ... 197 yards is pretty pathetic .. and during the magical run w/ Tebow, he learned to take care of the ball pretty well ..

My answer is YES, the Broncos with Tim Tebow at QB could have won that game vs the Panthers

Whether they could have gone through a full season with Tebow at QB is a little more complicated ..

I thought both QBs - Manning and Newton - played extremely poor in the Super Bowl ... Newton, in particular, seemed overwhelmed by the big stage and pressure ......

Tebow's strength - and one of the reasons I loved him here - was that he could rise to the occasion and find ways to win - not on his skill set, but with something that we as fans witnessed but still cannot explain ..

The guy is a winner, and yes, we could have won that game with him

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take away from your original question Ming, but another interesting question could be :

Could the Panthers have won the Super Bowl with Tebow at QB ?

NOT the entire season run, but just that one game

I say probably not, although you can be darn certain Tebow would not have given up on that fumble as Newton did

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. You can't win it if you're not in it, and Tebow proved he can at least get to and win in the playoffs. Not even Andy Dalton can say that.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim and I do share some charcteristics. Primarily the one we have most in common is that we both screw up a lot.

Absolutely not is the correct answer.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue with Tim Tebow is not gameday it's the practices and the lack of accuracy in the practices that allows an NFL to practice the way it should or the head coach wants to.

No

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! You cannot be serious. I just threw up in my mouth. That has to be the single most stupid thing that I've ever read since ATF. Please...stop with the pcp intake. Who are you and what have you done with Mingo you bastard!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! You cannot be serious. I just threw up in my mouth. That has to be the single most stupid thing that I've ever read since ATF. Please...stop with the pcp intake. Who are you and what have you done with Mingo you bastard!

Is that a yes or no ?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue with Tim Tebow is not gameday it's the practices and the lack of accuracy in the practices that allows an NFL to practice the way it should or the head coach wants to.

No

That's a good point. And when Tebow was named starter, the Broncos were 7-24 from the back half of 09 to the 1-4 start of 2011. Guess all that lack of accuracy from the #1 QB in practice really hurt them when they went 7-4 and made the playoffs to close the season.

If accuracy in practice mattered, they would've been better with Orton. The team Orton started for was the same Tebow started for. Well, except for the fact they traded their #1 WR right after they made the QB switch.

7-24, one of the worst teams in the league, had the #2 pick in the draft, started 2011 1-4. Tebow led that team to the playoffs. Tebow, the guy a lot of people said would never start in the NFL. Tebow, the guy a lot of people said would never win in the NFL. Tebow, the guy a lot of people said couldn't play QB. You can probably count on one hand the number of QBs that have started a season as bad as 1-4 and made the playoffs and Tebow's on that list.

The McDaniels era Broncos were probably the worst in team history. And Tebow was the only QB to come out of it a winner.

Orton 6-21
Chris Simms 0-1
Tim Tebow 9-7 including 1-1 in the playoffs

It's my opinion that if a QB can take one of, if not THE worst team in the NFL to the playoffs, he's good enough to win a Super Bowl.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. And when Tebow was named starter, the Broncos were 7-24 from the back half of 09 to the 1-4 start of 2011. Guess all that lack of accuracy from the #1 QB in practice really hurt them when they went 7-4 and made the playoffs to close the season.

If accuracy in practice mattered, they would've been better with Orton. The team Orton started for was the same Tebow started for. Well, except for the fact they traded their #1 WR right after they made the QB switch.

7-24, one of the worst teams in the league, had the #2 pick in the draft, started 2011 1-4. Tebow led that team to the playoffs. Tebow, the guy a lot of people said would never start in the NFL. Tebow, the guy a lot of people said would never win in the NFL. Tebow, the guy a lot of people said couldn't play QB. You can probably count on one hand the number of QBs that have started a season as bad as 1-4 and made the playoffs and Tebow's on that list.

The McDaniels era Broncos were probably the worst in team history. And Tebow was the only QB to come out of it a winner.

Orton 6-21
Chris Simms 0-1

It's my opinion that if a QB can take one of, if not THE worst team in the NFL to the playoffs, he's good enough to win a Super Bowl.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are the one that kidnapped Mingo.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point is that when Tebow was starting, he was the focal point - not just of the offense but of the entire team ..

As Mega just pointed out in the above post, the Broncos were 7-24 leading up to Tebow starting ..

Tebow was the difference not only in the way teams preprared for us, but he also singlehandedly changed the mindset of the team ..

If he were the QB on this current Bronco team, our defense would still be the focal / strong point ...

Tebow's magical season here is even more miraculous because he was the strong point - and I don't mean that disparagingly - I mean to emphasize that we did not have a dominating defense as we do now ..

If we are talking about getting a big win, or a few big wins, Tebow would have been a great QB with this defense ..

It would make for one tough team

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... you Sports SportsHoopla originals are in for a treat as the off-season progresses

If you haven't already noticed, some of us ex-KFFLers are just plain nuts

Go Broncos !!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... you Sports SportsHoopla originals are in for a treat as the off-season progresses

If you haven't already noticed, some of us ex-KFFLers are just plain nuts

Go Broncos !!!

By the way this post should be sent to John Elway ..it and megalodon30 are spot on...

If you think what that RG did to other teams D's it made the soft quickly

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Mingo there is no doubt what so ever in my mind Tebow could of won a SB with this D .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Put our D on the field way to damn much and they still held up .. Tim would of burned the hell out of the clock

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orton 6-21
Chris Simms 0-1

Interesting thing about this stat:

Tim Tebow's record for his last 5 games started as a Bronco was the same as Orton's over his last 5 Bronco starts: 1-5

So, no. Belichick and the Patriots would have eaten Tebow alive.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We won the super bowl because we had Manning at qb. It is weird to say but hear me out. Denver came in with a ton of momentum. When Manning came back he showed just enough physically to worry a team. Carolina came out with exotic aggressive blitzes and he handled it as we marched down for a fg. Carolina backed off some and stopped trying to force us into mistakes. They had to respect his mind and the possibility that coming off 2 weeks rest he would be physically well enough to make them pay if they got too aggressive. On the flip side we threw caution to the wind, played without fear and the pressure of the Super Bowls magnitude took hold. We've seen it derail many a Broncos team.

I love Tebow and in a pass happy league with base nickel packages .. A team built around the old school type pure run offense.. Packers circa 1960 or 70s Dolphins would absolutely rip Ds. That is how the Jets made it to back to back afc championship games. If all defenses are built personnel wise to stop 30 pass oriented offenses and you run out a 1wr 2te run oriented offense... What can they do? That D doesn't have personnel to match up. But let's be serious about our offense, the RBs aren't good enough (coming from the guy who called the shot correctly on CJ) and the Ol was frankly not good enough... With Tebow behind center the D would have been broken from sheer number of plays faced due to turnovers short field position. We got much better when the offense simply stopped trying to do too much. A pure caretaker was exactly what we needed and something Manning realized he needed to become before the clock ran out. But long term we need to at least muster some offense and a better Rb and more physical offensive line and a te would all be helpful, and maybe a dangerous returner.