• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry, but OSU should not be in the NCG.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Bugeyes! I'd love to watch Florida State win the BCSCG by 4 TD's.

If we make it, I have to apologize as we will be disappointing you.

How's it goin bino?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play nobody = BCS title game.

The death of the BCS can't happen soon enough.
-------
And you think the 4 team playoff will be any better?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
urban meyer supports SEC champion for the title game.....

"We're going to tell a group of young men, who just went 12-1 in a most difficult schedule against six ranked opponents, that they don't have a chance to play for a national championship? I'm going to need help with that one."
Wasnt that when the others had 1 loss also? Oh yeah so different. Also they needed pure luck to beat a not so good GA team.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida St is a much better team, but Ohio St has played a tougher schedule and is more deserving than FSU for that reason alone.

But of course, people just want to use the argument that fits them best for the time. 1 minute SoS matters, the next minute it doesn't.

BOOM.

This is stupid. Ohio State has won 24 consecutive games, almost all of it against BCS teams. This is the same dumbass argument the SEC champion gets nearly every year. "B-b-b-but they didn't play so-and-so!"

I'm done apologizing for the Gamecocks' schedule, and Ohio State shouldn't have to justify theirs, either.

Undefeated, and only one other team from the auto-bid leagues is also undefeated. Win, and In.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We're going to tell a group of young men, who just went 12-1 in a most difficult schedule against six ranked opponents, that they don't have a chance to play for a national championship? I'm going to need help with that one."

There was only 1 undefeated team from a major conference that year

:L

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only 1 undefeated team from a major conference that year

:L

lol at considering the big 10 a major conference this year.

is it really a major conference when you can skate through the whole season without facing a ranked team like michigan state or none in the top 20 like ohio state?

can you imagine if both mich state and ohio state were undefeated with a combined 1 win over a ranked team and were playing a defacto national semifinal?

it blows my mind that auburn is held to the same undefeated standard as ohio state despite playing a schedule with far more high quality teams.

it is what it is.

and for what its worth, a playoff really wouldn't make it much better this year. auburn's path to the title would include games @LSU, @Texas A&M, and then closing the season with Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, and then have to beat 2 more top 4 teams to claim a title. The path to a championship is easier and will continue to be easier in easier conferences. It makes what the SEC has done during the BCS era that much more remarkable.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The irnoic part about Meyer making this comment in 2006 is A. Flordia played a tough schedule BUT Michigans was tougher per the SOS and B. The B10 was the number 1 rated conference in the country that year going into the bowls per the computers... LOL. GUess even in 06 the team with the "easier" schedule and playing in the "lesser" of the 2 conferences got in. Guess that wraps up the bid for OSU :lol:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is it really a major conference when you can skate through the whole season without facing a ranked team like michigan state or none in the top 20 like ohio state?

Meh. "They beat each other up."

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can you imagine if both mich state and ohio state were undefeated with a combined 1 win over a ranked team and were playing a defacto national semifinal?

it blows my mind that auburn is held to the same undefeated standard as ohio state despite playing a schedule with far more high quality teams.

it is what it is.

and for what its worth, a playoff really wouldn't make it much better this year. auburn's path to the title would include games @LSU, @Texas A&M, and then closing the season with Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, and then have to beat 2 more top 4 teams to claim a title. The path to a championship is easier and will continue to be easier in easier conferences. It makes what the SEC has done during the BCS era that much more remarkable.
tOSU beat them that is why they dropped. It happens in good conferences, teams beat each other.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU beat them that is why they dropped. It happens in good conferences, teams beat each other.

especially when you play 4 or 5 ranked teams instead of 1. you are right. it does happen in good conferences.

so what's the big 10's excuse?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope FSU loses. I really do. I hope Auburn beats Missouri. I want tOSU and Auburn to play now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope FSU loses. I really do. I hope Auburn beats Missouri. I want tOSU and Auburn to play now.

This ^^^^ It would be an epic trollfest either way, whoever wins. Im sweating just thinking about how great it would be...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially when you play 4 or 5 ranked teams instead of 1. you are right. it does happen in good conferences.

so what's the big 10's excuse?
It took an under thrown ball and two GA DBs and a lucky bounce to beat a unranked GA. yeah tough

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took an under thrown ball and two GA DBs and a lucky bounce to beat a unranked GA. yeah tough

georgia is ranked. unlike 10 out of ohio state's 11 opponents.

auburn beat ranked georgia by 5x the margin that ohio state beat unranked michigan :laugh3: