• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry, but OSU should not be in the NCG.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
georgia is ranked. unlike 10 out of ohio state's 11 opponents.

auburn beat ranked georgia by 5x the margin that ohio state beat unranked michigan :laugh3:

Explain to us all why Georgia is ranked, please.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^ It would be an epic trollfest either way, whoever wins. Im sweating just thinking about how great it would be...

I'm thinkin... Party at my house. Have the game going on the little TV. Put my laptop screen up on the big screen. Chips n dip. Pizza at half time. Everybody gets a poster, and whoevers poster gets banned first takes the pot. 10 dollar entry.

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope FSU loses. I really do. I hope Auburn beats Missouri. I want tOSU and Auburn to play now.

I'd much rather play Auburn, then Alabama then FSU... personally.

BUT

still have to get past MSU first... :gaah:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to us all why Georgia is ranked, please.

probably has something to do with multiple wins over the top 15... something that the collective Big 10 has 0 of if I'm not mistaken.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of analysts saying a win by Auburn Saturday could definitely put them in the title game come january which would be justified in my opinion.

4868854+_ae91e2990801762ef9986c69b5db1ae9.jpg

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at considering the big 10 a major conference this year.

is it really a major conference when you can skate through the whole season without facing a ranked team like michigan state or none in the top 20 like ohio state?

can you imagine if both mich state and ohio state were undefeated with a combined 1 win over a ranked team and were playing a defacto national semifinal?

it blows my mind that auburn is held to the same undefeated standard as ohio state despite playing a schedule with far more high quality teams.

it is what it is.

and for what its worth, a playoff really wouldn't make it much better this year. auburn's path to the title would include games @LSU, @Texas A&M, and then closing the season with Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, and then have to beat 2 more top 4 teams to claim a title. The path to a championship is easier and will continue to be easier in easier conferences. It makes what the SEC has done during the BCS era that much more remarkable.

Don't you get tired of repeating the same bullshit over and over? Auburn would get run out of the stadium by Ohio State. Almost all those "ranked" teams Auburn beat would certainly lose to Note Dame or other B1G teams. It's like you've never watched a non-Auburn game and your only piece of "proof" is the Bcs poll.

Auburn has been anything but adominant team. Most would say lucky.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you get tired of repeating the same bullshit over and over? Auburn would get run out of the stadium by Ohio State. Almost all those "ranked" teams Auburn beat would certainly lose to Note Dame or other B1G teams. It's like you've never watched a non-Auburn game and your only piece of "proof" is the Bcs poll.

Auburn has been anything but adominant team. Most would say lucky.

:lol:

and if you actually believe it :wtf2:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I read the thread title, I expect to see Kanye come posting.

art.kanye.gi.jpg

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

and if you actually believe it :wtf2:

Dude the last few days you've become the biggest joke on here.

Auburn has no good argument to be in the title over an unbeaten Ohio State or FSU, period. Oklahoma State had a far better resume than Alabama two years ago, AND the same record, and they didn't play for it, did they?

If Ohio State wins - no matter how close - they'll have a better resume than FSU (technically they already do based on SOS) and you think some one loss team who has been extremely lucky and far from dominant is going to pass them? PLEASE.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the last few days you've become the biggest joke on here.

Auburn has no good argument to be in the title over an unbeaten Ohio State or FSU, period. Oklahoma State had a far better resume than Alabama two years ago, AND the same record, and they didn't play for it, did they?

If Ohio State wins - no matter how close - they'll have a better resume than FSU (technically they already do based on SOS) and you think some one loss team who has been extremely lucky and far from dominant is going to pass them? PLEASE.

i don't think they are going to pass them. i'm just letting you know they have 3x as many wins over ranked teams. if ohio state played teams like LSU on the road then they would obviously be deserving. but they haven't. auburn is undefeated against the level of competition that ohio state has faced. ohio state hasn't played teams like auburn has. you don't have any idea how good they are either.

and guess what? beating a team that has no wins over ranked teams and a loss against an unranked one isn't going to convince those of us who have our doubts.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think they are going to pass them. i'm just letting you know they have 3x as many wins over ranked teams. if ohio state played teams like LSU on the road then they would obviously be deserving. but they haven't. auburn is undefeated against the level of competition that ohio state has faced. ohio state hasn't played teams like auburn has. you don't have any idea how good they are either.

and guess what? beating a team that has no wins over ranked teams and a loss against an unranked one isn't going to convince those of us who have our doubts.

bth_oh-noes.gif

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford and ASU have more good wins than Auburn and are only 1 game apart on record. Winner of CCG should probably pass them then, right? Auburn has 1 win over a team with 9+ wins. ASU and Stanford each have 3.

SOS street cred for playing in the SEC ain't what it used to be. Auburn's schedule looks sort of soft compared to the Tree's or Solar Satans'.

jclbuxfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense to OSU fans. I give you all the props in the world for beating the teams on your schedule, but they have beaten nobody all year.

I haven't had the chance to watch OSU much this year, but after watching them today, they are just atrocious defensively. 603 yards to a UM team who has struggled mightily offensively this year, including 150 yards on the ground. Iowa just held UM to like 125 yards of offense in their last game -- OSU made UM look like an offensive juggernaut.

While I can't stand the SEC -- it will be laughable if the best conference, by a landslide, doesn't have a representative in the NCG.

This is a serious question to the OSU faithful -- During your win streak -- what is OSU's "signature win"? They haven't beat a top 10, top 15, etc. team the entire time.

Then why should fsu go? Their SOS is worse than Ohio st.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford and ASU have more good wins than Auburn and are only 1 game apart on record. Winner of CCG should probably pass them then, right? Auburn has 1 win over a team with 9+ wins. ASU and Stanford each have 3.

SOS street cred for playing in the SEC ain't what it used to be. Auburn's schedule looks sort of soft compared to the Tree's or Solar Satans'.

neither stanford nor arizona state have played a top 5 team this season. auburn beat 1 last week and plays another this week (though if they win they will slip towards the bottom of the top 10).

both arizona state and stanford have losses to unranked teams. auburn doesn't.

asu and stanford both have played solid schedules and if either had 1 loss, they would certainly be in the conversation as best 1 loss team.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither stanford nor arizona state have played a top 5 team this season. auburn beat 1 last week and plays another this week (though if they win they will slip towards the bottom of the top 10).

both arizona state and stanford have losses to unranked teams. auburn doesn't.

asu and stanford both have played solid schedules and if either had 1 loss, they would certainly be in the conversation as best 1 loss team.

So who you've lost to is more important than who you've beat? What is your criteria for a team being deserving of passing another team with a better record?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who you've lost to is more important than who you've beat? What is your criteria for a team being deserving of passing another team with a better record?

it's a combination of a lot of different things.

the fact is if auburn and ohio state win out, auburn's quality wins are a landslide over ohio state. arizona state and stanford's quality wins are certainly not a landslide over auburn's.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having the 13th best defense in the (SEC) is solid d? Auburn defense has been garbage all season

didn't your team just surrender over 600 yards and 40 points to a team that almost lost to akron?