• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IM not a bears fan......but question

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres so much love for Kyle Long.

Yeah hes looked Awesome.

But doesnt something say to you, why did he have such a limited college career? Could this just be a hot streak to start? Are you not at least worried?

I mean he could be this good, and get better. I just think expectations should be tempered.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres so much love for Kyle Long.

Yeah hes looked Awesome. But doesnt something say to you, why did he have such a limited college career? Could this just be a hot streak to start? Are you not at least worried?

In a nutshell, he left FSU for academic reasons early on in his collegiate career. By the time he played for Oregon that was his year of elegbility. He applied for another, but was denied. Sounds to me like his lack of experience stemmed from off the field struggles. The guy is uber strong, but remains a bit raw on technique. He seems to be a quick study for learning proper technique as well as the playbook. So, until his development is stifled and/or he becomes a problem child, no, Im not worried that he wont pan out.

I mean he could be this good, and get better. I just think expectations should be tempered.

See above. Dont you get excited about Steeler first round picks that play well above average against other starters in preseason?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long is the real deal. He is dominating people and is still far from done improving. If you can't get excited over a rookie dominating then what can you get excited about. If he played more then 4 games in college then he would have been the No.1 pick and not a Bear. He is already establishing himself the leader of the Oline and it's still preseason and he is a rookie. Never seen that before.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long is the real deal. He is dominating people and is still far from done improving. If you can't get excited over a rookie dominating then what can you get excited about. If he played more then 4 games in college then he would have been the No.1 pick and not a Bear. He is already establishing himself the leader of the Oline and it's still preseason and he is a rookie. Never seen that before.

I did Maurkice Pouncey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did Maurkice Pouncey

Cool & yes on Pouncy. But I might add that we have been so bad for so long until this year. Not one good lineman in years and years. Long is a mind blower for us Bear fans. Also note, the whole line is kicking butt. 4 new starters and they are trying not to get outplayed by the rookies Long & Mills. Like I said we have been starved.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with noonjoe on that one SteelersPride. We Bears fans have been so starved for even a decent O-line. This O-line looks like it could be even more than decent and dare I say maybe even dominate in a year or 2. Besides, we are Bears fans and are used to loving a player one minute and hating him the next. It might be too early to pronounce Long king but maybe we get a bit over excited.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey get excited. Im not even sure what my point was here

touchdownhester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody that cant see kyle long is the real deal is an idiot..PERIOD..Its not rocket science

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he dont impress me much and im the fantasy god of all bears fans

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why

anybody that cant see kyle long is the real deal is an idiot..PERIOD..Its not rocket science
C'mon Hester do we really need the immaturity from the ESPN boards? Show a little class would you, for once?

:wtf2:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're excited.
-Somebody here even keeps telling the rest of us about his woody.

You gotta quit saying the L word in front of ( u no hoo ) His doctor says it aint good for his heart and his wife needs a day off. :doh:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Long is a raw Beast. He's made mistakes. But those mistakes did not turn into our QB getting sacked or injured.
Every rook is going to make a mistake along the line somewhere. You just hope they minimize the end result.
But he has mostly dominated his opponent, which is a rare scene for Bear fans. Why wouldn't we get excited?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you gotta do to excite me is bench Cutler.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you gotta do to excite me is bench Cutler.[/QUOT

Guess you don't follow football too closely. How the hell do you bench 1 of the games best?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you gotta do to excite me is bench Cutler.

Guess you don't follow football too closely. How the hell do you bench 1 of the games best?

For starters, he's no where near the games best. Besides that, he's a whiny little brat that I hate watching and it's painful having to share any successes with him.