• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IM not a bears fan......but question

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just a mistake, he had a whole baseball thing going as well there for a while. However, when I watched him stand up a starting DT with the Panthers and hold him still on a play in Carolina, well it was impressive. Hopefully as he gains knowledge and technique he will only get better.

We Bears fans have seen plenty of "strong" work out warrior types, see Gilbert and his pool antic's, but rarely have we seen a raw strength talent, where you actually see it on display. (Bostic may be another one of these for us... He will need to fix some rook errors but he shows promise).

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question with long is all with his head. He would not have been eligible to play NCAA football because of grades. That would have made our last gm not even sign him. Right now its pretty basic blocking schemes, if you keep it basic with him you are gonna be fine. If it starts going with switches and stunts and the rest, he is gonna have trouble keeping up.

Right now he is a beast going one direction. Defenses are not showing their hands and its being pretty straight forward in the preseason. His strength is his mean streak, something an o lineman has not had here since Olin. If he can stay paired on the right with the same guy for these first few years and not get too complicated on blocking schemes, he will do just fine.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, he's no where near the games best. Besides that, he's a whiny little brat that I hate watching and it's painful having to share any successes with him.

I respectfully disagree. He is stand-offish to the Presstitutes, and they have done everything in their power to paint him ass an asshole.

Proof of that is the general consensus that he is not tough. This is just lunacy.

Is he a little douchey, backwards hat en sech??...sure, but show me an NFL QB who is not. It is part-in-part with the job.

He's been mic'd up before, and he's actually quite humorous...quite dry.

If he comes out and throttles motherfuckers this year, I don't wanna hear any extra butts hopping on the bandwagon.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long is a beast; there is no question about that. He will be an excellent OLineman, especially if he keeps out of trouble.

As for the Cutler crack by 4down, I'm not really sure where that came from. If you want to see whiny QBs, look at San Diego.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still... with this "Cutler is whiney" nonsense?

Do you have an opinion of your own that you'd like to share with us, or do only share what you've been told that your opinion is?

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long is an obvious upgrade from our past Guards.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, he's no where near the games best. Besides that, he's a whiny little brat that I hate watching and it's painful having to share any successes with him.

I said 1 of the games best.
And my first comment still stands. Guess you don't watch too much football.
And get used to the Bears successes w/ him.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeahhhhh so your calling me an idiot after watch what a few quarters of pre-season? clever

Yeah it's preseason. But Long has looked better in 3 games. Than DeCastro ever did ( and I was begging for D in the draft).
I don't call anyone names. But sometimes posters bring it on themselves.
Numerous explayers (including ex O-lineman have projected him for many probowls). I really cannot argue w/ them.
The guy is a beast.