• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm in a redraft draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is likely the best player on the WW for the season, which means Folks may go big. I’d hate to miss out because I was being frugal. Most the time I only risk less then $10,often try for zero dollars. However think the time to spend big is here. I bid $69 on him and I worry I’ll lose.

how much FAAB do you start with?? i think anything more than 40% is way too much... remember there will be more injuries this season!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is likely the best player on the WW for the season, which means Folks may go big. I’d hate to miss out because I was being frugal. Most the time I only risk less then $10,often try for zero dollars. However think the time to spend big is here. I bid $69 on him and I worry I’ll lose.
It also depends on how you feel about the rest of your roster and the FA wire. I think going big early is a bold but seems like a good strategy, the further you get into the season less likely you find someone but injuries….

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much FAAB do you start with?? i think anything more than 40% is way too much... remember there will be more injuries this season!!!
We have a $100. Sure there will be injuries this season but decent cuffs are on rosters already. I seriously believe this is the best WW pick up for the season. I have seen bids of $98 on opportunities like this one. I already blasted past your 40% limit and thinking of upping it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also depends on how you feel about the rest of your roster and the FA wire. I think going big early is a bold but seems like a good strategy, the further you get into the season less likely you find someone but injuries….
I think adding Carter will be a big addition. If this was a dynasty league I’d bid my entire budge, however since this is a redraft I should maybe pump the brakes. He clears waivers Monday so I got time to reconsider.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... I don't know about that. I tend to be a little frugal with my FA auction money when there is a cap. People tend to blow their wad early and let you get bargains midseason because you have the money to throw at someone. But, I will admit that I haven't been in too many of those leagues. I do remember that bit of information, though.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a $100. Sure there will be injuries this season but decent cuffs are on rosters already. I seriously believe this is the best WW pick up for the season. I have seen bids of $98 on opportunities like this one. I already blasted past your 40% limit and thinking of upping it.
I get it, but if you swing and miss, it puts you at a serious disadvantage throughout the season on the wire. And with the Covid ordeal, you never know when you want to have a little extra in the pot to grab someone who shoots into a feature back role for a stretch. You know your league, but I think I let someone spend at least half of their budget for a wild card. And I am aware that he could just as easily be the OROY this year. Honestly, I think he is somewhere in the middle, though, and overall won't be worth spending the money you would need to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but if you swing and miss, it puts you at a serious disadvantage throughout the season on the wire. And with the Covid ordeal, you never know when you want to have a little extra in the pot to grab someone who shoots into a feature back role for a stretch. You know your league, but I think I let someone spend at least half of their budget for a wild card. And I am aware that he could just as easily be the OROY this year. Honestly, I think he is somewhere in the middle, though, and overall won't be worth spending the money you would need to.
Normal I'm cheap as heck with my WW budget, but how often you get a RB that was drafted to be the RB1 on his team and in fact looks like he will be the starter and not due to injury, off the WW? He was drafted in this league at 8.07 and dropped for Ty'son Williams. That's some crazy FF right there and I doubt it happens again this season. Yes if any of my starters get injured I may find it hard to find replace when I only have $31 left, that the gamble. I don't know how injuries will work out but I'd replace R. Jones with Carter in my flex and that will be a upgrade for both the position and for depth at the position
IDK maybe I'm over rating the impact Carter has on my starting line up as a flex. The Jets aren't a good team and likely don't score a lot of TDs and may be forced to throw a lot rather then run the rock.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are convincing me to lower the bid. I’ll sleep on it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower Your bid big time. We dont even know that carter is starting or not gonna be in a headache timeshare… major projecting ,no more than 20% imho. If you lose him, you lose him, wait tor the injuries like @MilkSpiller22 said

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is this PPR or what?? you know carter has much more value in a PPR...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normal I'm cheap as heck with my WW budget, but how often you get a RB that was drafted to be the RB1 on his team and in fact looks like he will be the starter and not due to injury, off the WW? He was drafted in this league at 8.07 and dropped for Ty'son Williams. That's some crazy FF right there and I doubt it happens again this season. Yes if any of my starters get injured I may find it hard to find replace when I only have $31 left, that the gamble. I don't know how injuries will work out but I'd replace R. Jones with Carter in my flex and that will be a upgrade for both the position and for depth at the position
IDK maybe I'm over rating the impact Carter has on my starting line up as a flex. The Jets aren't a good team and likely don't score a lot of TDs and may be forced to throw a lot rather then run the rock.

I don’t want to be your skeptic, but I do not share the same feeling of upside with Carter that most have.

He has competition. Could be a three headed monster on a bad team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to be your skeptic, but I do not share the same feeling of upside with Carter that most have.

He has competition. Could be a three headed monster on a bad team.
I have been hearing that he's not going to start and could be RB3 for the Jets. I hear Ty Johnson has looked better and will be the starter. I decided that I got plum carried away and plan to change/ reduce my bid. Guess I haven't paid a lot of enough attention to Carters preseason performance.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most important thing IMO is that you’re spending money for the entire season.

There will be injuries that open up other great WW options, but maybe that’s week 8, maybe it’s Week 13. This is prior to Week 1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most important thing IMO is that you’re spending money for the entire season.

There will be injuries that open up other great WW options, but maybe that’s week 8, maybe it’s Week 13. This is prior to Week 1.
What would you bid on Carter ?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard my comment.

Thought you were bidding on Gus. Lol

Nobody on the Jets had more than 2 rushing TDs last year.
So would you bid anything? Dang I thought this was a opportunity but it starting to sound like fools gold. LOL Guess I should of drafted Pittman in that other league. LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would you bid anything? Dang I thought this was a opportunity but it starting to sound like fools gold. LOL Guess I should of drafted Pittman in that other league. LOL
I didn’t realize, like you, he could possibly be RB3 on the Jets. It’s tough enough taking a chance on a Jets RB in general but RB3…not looking good. Shit happens throughout the season though. For now. I would bid low bc it sounds like he won’t be a day 1 starter/contributor but that could change quick of produces when he gets the opportunity. All that being said, I’ve see zero plays of this kid during preseason. Long season, don’t go too crazy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize, like you, he could possibly be RB3 on the Jets. It’s tough enough taking a chance on a Jets RB in general but RB3…not looking good. Shit happens throughout the season though. For now. I would bid low bc it sounds like he won’t be a day 1 starter/contributor but that could change quick of produces when he gets the opportunity. All that being said, I’ve see zero plays of this kid during preseason. Long season, don’t go too crazy.
Still going to bid on him as he should at least be the RB catching passes and I need another RB. However the bid will be much much lower.