• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm in a redraft draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch... and SChab, who got the other end of that trade, came out with only Darrell Henderson at RB?? thats pretty bad... i dont care how good your WRs are...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt draft my first QB until round 8...

I thought it was a bad strategy when you did it in a SF league as well, but wasn't going to call you out like that on Harold's draft thread, lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a bad strategy when you did it in a SF league as well, but wasn't going to call you out like that on Harold's draft thread, lol

I agree... it is bad strategy... it wasnt the strategy i came in with... i was playing chicken with Lawrence... and once he was taken, i was willing to wait longer...

but i do think, it worked out pretty fine for me...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... it is bad strategy... it wasnt the strategy i came in with... i was playing chicken with Lawrence... and once he was taken, i was willing to wait longer...

but i do think, it worked out pretty fine for me...
I played chicken as well. I just couldn't resist CMAC at 4 then a run on QB's so I could have grabbed a lower tier QB, the same theme over and over until Round 5. I grabbed Big Ben. Then Watson in the 9th. A plus though...I wanted Bridgewater and I have a trade set up to get him at the draft. Still...that's pretty weak at the most important position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I feel more QB’s were taken in the 1st but then more spread out. Our was like just a rampage on QB’s early. Break. Another QB streak. Then you are in Round 5 with nothing
I agree that the QBs were more spread out in my league. I'm hoping drafting my QB3 starts getting other to follow. Need to put the screws to those who held back drafting QBs so they could have the better RBs/WRs.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Aaron Rodgers owner got a steal. 8th QB taken.
If this is his last hurrah in GB, I think he goes out with a bang.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Aaron Rodgers owner got a steal. 8th QB taken.
If this is his last hurrah in GB, I think he goes out with a bang.
IDK about a bargain, but he got the last QB in that tier so it was a timely pick. He might be hurting at the SF position though. Also having a third QB seems like a good idea in case of injury to one of the starting QBs. So far nobody else is making that a priority.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MySF redraft.png

I'm not fond of my roster, but it's a redraft so it's a different mix of players then my usual bunch. For god sakes I even drafted R. Jones because I wanted a third RB that should get enough work to use in the line up if needed.
Some of these teams are still lacking at QB. DarkSiderZ drafted Watson as his SF QB? Wow think he could of took someone like Goff and still draft Watson later. I see several other teams that need to draft a QB still. I found trying to trade for a QB in SF is way too expensive and I'd rather bite the bullet and secure the position via the draft even at the expense of positions like RB/WR.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 278420

I'm not fond of my roster, but it's a redraft so it's a different mix of players then my usual bunch. For god sakes I even drafted R. Jones because I wanted a third RB that should get enough work to use in the line up if needed.
Some of these teams are still lacking at QB. DarkSiderZ drafted Watson as his SF QB? Wow think he could of took someone like Goff and still draft Watson later. I see several other teams that need to draft a QB still. I found trying to trade for a QB in SF is way too expensive and I'd rather bite the bullet and secure the position via the draft even at the expense of positions like RB/WR.

this is not saying you wont make the playoffs, or even win your league... But on draft day, your draft is one of the weakest i have seen in a superflex...

I know we tend to not agree with each other ever... but, really i think you had a BAD draft... Now prove me wrong and win your league!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not saying you wont make the playoffs, or even win your league... But on draft day, your draft is one of the weakest i have seen in a superflex...

I know we tend to not agree with each other ever... but, really i think you had a BAD draft... Now prove me wrong and win your league!!!
I'm still figuring out how to draft in SF, don't have a ton of experience. I certainly see some rosters I like a lot better then mine. Picking from the 12th hole rarely works out for me and I usually end up with a roster I don't like. Course trades will happen in this league as those in this league are active traders ( and very good at it ) so likely my roster will look different at some point.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield was your worst pick of the draft... and i just dont think you ever got over it...

you first drafted him way too early, even in a superflex... But you also already have Chubb... they dont help eachother out in fantasy... they will actually hurt eachother...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still figuring out how to draft in SF, don't have a ton of experience. I certainly see some rosters I like a lot better then mine. Picking from the 12th hole rarely works out for me and I usually end up with a roster I don't like. Course trades will happen in this league as those in this league are active traders ( and very good at it ) so likely my roster will look different at some point.

yea, i can see that, looks like you let the 12 spot and the superflex BEAT you...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield was your worst pick of the draft... and i just dont think you ever got over it...

you first drafted him way too early, even in a superflex... But you also already have Chubb... they dont help eachother out in fantasy... they will actually hurt eachother...
I'm not a big fan of Mayfield and I get where maybe it's tough for both a QB and RB from the same team to excel in theory, but Mayfield was the safest bet at where I took him IMO, guess I could have waited and taken Cousins much later and maybe got similar results perhaps. However I just feel better with Mayfield over Cousins this season ( or Brady or Ryan).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of Mayfield and I get where maybe it's tough for both a QB and RB from the same team to excel in theory, but Mayfield was the safest bet at where I took him IMO, guess I could have waited and taken Cousins much later and maybe got similar results perhaps. However I just feel better with Mayfield over Cousins this season ( or Brady or Ryan).
but again, it wasnt about safety... it is week to week... chubb and Mayfield eat into eachother's stats... it will be rare for them both to have great weeks the same week...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends what the Browns do...top 3 offense he will be rolling. I disagree, that pick was his best pick. No homer.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what the Browns do...top 3 offense he will be rolling. I disagree, that pick was his best pick. No homer.

i didnt hate the pick itself... i hated the pick because of Chubb...

Didnt love the pick though if he didnt have chubb...