• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm I the only one

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is wondering wth this team is doing this off season so far? Seriously, we have 17 million available and we have done nothing except resign Bennett. I have concerns on the OL, WR, secondary and Hauschka is an UFA. Draft isnt gone fix all of it. I dont get it.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have concerns with resigning Thomas, Sherman, and having enough left over for Wilson next year

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I don't want to see the Seahawks go on a spending spree and have no cap space left to sign Thomas, Sherman and Wilson.
This times 2

I mean what were your expectations? Overpay to keep our reserves and B level players? Or over pay guys in their 30's? The main free agent I wanted back was Bennett and we got done without significantly overpaying

PC/JS are likely waiting things out and will make a signing or two in the next couple days once the market dies down. Just like they did last year by getting Avril/Bennett once things die down.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This times 2

I mean what were your expectations? Overpay to keep our reserves and B level players? Or over pay guys in their 30's? The main free agent I wanted back was Bennett and we got done without significantly overpaying

PC/JS are likely waiting things out and will make a signing or two in the next couple days once the market dies down. Just like they did last year by getting Avril/Bennett once things die down.

Agreed. I'm really quite satisfied with our free agency so far actually. All of the guys who left took deals that paid them more than they were worth, yet we retained Michael Bennett while paying him less than what he was offered by the Bears.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the plan is to have money NEXT year, whats the point of cutting Clem and Red this year, why not do it this year? and lets not sing anyone so we have a crap load of holes this year?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is worried about adding players, besides role players. I think we are all worried about keeping the core players and is it possible.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the plan is to have money NEXT year, whats the point of cutting Clem and Red this year, why not do it this year? and lets not sing anyone so we have a crap load of holes this year?

The point is to hopefully have enough to extend Sherm and Earl this offseason! Not next. They sit about 14.25 mil in available cap space right now. I think Earl sits around 5ish and Sherm is barely over a million. If you sign them to extensions that likely takes up a lot of your space. Also keep in mind Harvin's cap number jumped from 5mil to over 13 mil and Avril's jumped from 3.75 to 9.25. They cut 3 of their biggest cap numbers and let didn't overpay for their reserves. They have been smart in my eyes.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing back Bennett was huge. If they can extend Sherman and Thomas during this offense and have a solid draft I would be very happy with this offseason.

They haven't lost anyone that's irreplaceable IMO.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the victor goes the spoils, this is what happens to teams with a young core who get it together earlier then expected, most of the key players on your roster are on thier rookie contract or entry level contract and have yet to "get paid" as they say. After you win it all those youngins expect to be paid and rightfully so but with that comes a cost, a cost to the team to try and keep the neucleus together, that's why it's so hard in todays NFL to build a Dynasty, you can put together a good 2, 3 or even a good 4 yr run together if your lucky before you have to start cutting, trading or no resigning key players thus hurting your overall team. Not signing big names at this time is key for your franchise as your upper management is trying to get every ounce outta their players before they need to decide who stays or who goes on to other pastures. Good luck and don't be down about not signing players, your gonna need that money to keep your players when it counts!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about it. They're not going to just leave those holes unfilled. They didn't make any big splashes right away last year either, but when they did, they did it fast. I believe they'll re-sign Hauschka to a multi-year deal for relatively cheap, but I really don't expect any big splashes in free agency this year. He shouldn't cost much to re-sign, giving them plenty of flexibility to do other things.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is wondering wth this team is doing this off season so far? Seriously, we have 17 million available and we have done nothing except resign Bennett. I have concerns on the OL, WR, secondary and Hauschka is an UFA. Draft isnt gone fix all of it. I dont get it.

Pete and John are going through the draft to add pieces… I don't think were gonna make any big splashes in free agency this year because we have to keep our core next year… If we can nail the draft were gonna be fine and I have confidence we can… Keeping Bennett was VITAL at this point looking at what's happened the last couple day's… But where we are now is not where were gonna be once the season starts so I'm not worried… Most of the guy's we lost are in the twilight of there careers… Tate was the one guy who was in his prime… I think we might make one free agent splash here soon… We'll see..

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to worry about here. We're doing just fine (and we still have the DRAFT).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we really needed is Bennett resigned. Then we need to extend Sherman/Thomas/Wilson. All 3 of those guys are going to chew up anywhere from $20-40M combined cap a year. That doesn't even leave enough for rookies.

Thomas/Sherman/Wilson are FAR more important (and I mean FAR, it's not even close.... MAYBE Jairus Byrd but he's older and Thomas is already on par if not better) than ANY free agent right now, maybe except Bennett because D-line is so important.

We can fill the OL and WR holes in the draft. Lot of people are forgetting we still have Tharold Simon (6'2" corner) and another corner Sherman is very high on. Every freaking corner that is plugged into our system thrives because of the great mentoring by Sherman/Thomas/Kam so I could care less about that position.

Then on D-Line, LOT of people are forgetting about Jesse Williams who was a 1-2nd round prospect that fell to us in the 5th because of a season ending injury that we could afford to take because we were SBOWL bound already.

Seattle will be fine. More important we build up the O-Line/WR through free agency, let our depth do it's thing in the secondary/D-Line, and let all these other teams sign their death sentences.

THE ONLY surprise so far this offseason is no re-sign (even franchise tag) of Hauschka.