• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm happy with the OL

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Staley gave up the sack to Ware, but whatever; he's the best pass rusher in teh league. I'd be perfectly happy putting a good QB behind the OL from today. Anthony Davis didn't blow it; Iupati is still growing as a player, but he's great.

Did Rachal get hurt today? I missed why Snyder was in at RG.

The only OLT with whom I'd replace Sately in the offseason is Matt Kalil, and he should be the 2nd overall pick, so I don't think that's gonna happen.

Time to let this unit gel. Rachal is a FA after this year; I'd hate to break up the chemistry they're developing; but then again I liked what I saw from Kilgore in the preseason. Was he the dude with the bright Andy Dalton-like hair on the sideliine?

You are sick aren't you? Six sacks and 2 yards pc running and the O-Line makes you happy. Alex has a 90 qb rating and he is the reason we lost? Please, take your meds and quit posting.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Six sacks

Because Alex can't get rid of the ball & has a slow release (except for the one Ware came on the blind side).

and 2 yards pc running and the O-Line makes you happy.

Yes. If the Niners had a passing game the running game would be fine. Which player do you want the Niners to replace on the OL?

Alex has a 90 qb rating and he is the reason we lost? Please, take your meds and quit posting.

A 90 passer rating is average so far this year. I never said anything bad about his play last week; but this week he had a chance to win the game and he blew it. There's a reason the Niners don't pass very much; Alex isn't very good at it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your secondary gave up 400 yards passing and some big plays that lost the game. Your coach made a call that might have made those plays non existent. Your WR couldn't catch a pass that might have put them in FG position. Your running back had 47 yards, your OL gave up 6 sacks. Smith having a rating over 90 and your secondary having 2 INT's should be the only things you feel good about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok for those who think the OL was the problem who needs to be replaced? Who blew it? Name names & plays.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry we don't have photographic memory like some do when Smith is the issue.

It is the unit. Sometimes the rush has them outnumbered and fail is likely. But too often it is even or they have an extra and the defense gets in too fast.

It could also be the WRs. On a blitz we did. 2 of Dal guys did quick options. I don't know if that was the play in the huddle or if it was good adjustments at the snap.

Vernon could of done that on a blitz but instead he changed nothing and Alex was hit before Vernon even was to his cut. I don't know if Smith is supposed to guess and signal that to Vernon if he suspects something or if the guy will break off routes on his own.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clyde, I missed what play to which you referred that Anthony Davis caused a sack. Do you remember when that was?

It was in the second half. I know the play he was talking about. Davis did not get beat. He just went with the man to his left and left Ware, I believe, wide open. It was play action and Smith was rolling out to his right. I remember the announcers saying how scary it must have been for Smith to turn around and see Ware in his face. I believe this was the 8 yard sack late in the 4th. Nobody got beat. It was a miscommunication.

Last edited by a moderator:

dasharpest1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The OL couldn't open a running lane if it had a pull tab lately. They also gave up multiple sacks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did nobody else see how heavy Dallas loaded the line of scrimmage today?

I'm happy with the individual performances of the OL. The biggest need is a QB who can get rid of the ball quicker. Alex is a long-release low, low-velocity QB who is limited, and defenses aren't worried about him beating them. That's why they load the line of scrimmage.

Staley gave up a sack. People on the game day thread were quick to blame Alex for that one, but I replied saying it was Staley's fault. I've been one of the harshest Staley critics on this forum, but I'm happy with how he did. I'll take that performance against one of the best pass-rushing units in football any day of the week.

I was extremely worried about Anthony Davis, but he held his own. And he & Iupati aren't even done developing. Not sure about Goodwin. Have to see him more. He's new to the offense anyway...

Does anyone know if Rachal got hurt?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Iupati playing with an injury? Doesnt feel he's beasting his man like he did last year...

A Davis played pretty well considering many here thought he was going to get blown up. He did whiff on a PA play that led to a sack.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline is TERRIBLE. We have a massive downgrade at C too from Baas to Badwin. It would have been even worse if we didn't have Vernon helping out today. Our oline is so fucking pathetic that Snyder is taking snaps during the GAME at RG.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes, Snyder is attrocious. \

I'm not sold on Goodwin either. Maybe Kilgore can steal his job? Redhead centers usually do well in the NFL (see Patriot games).

I'm happy with the tackles. Iupati is off to a slower start than I expected. He actually looks like he put on a little weight; but I'm still happy with his play. Rachal must've been hurt if Snyder was in there.

The point of this thread is to say I think the OL is a good unit and has the talent to get batter. I'm extremely relieved about Anthony Davis because he doens't look like a total bust any more. Rachal is a FA after the season, but RG isn't extremeky hard to replace.

I was wary of Staley too, but he's playing well IMO.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rachal is not hurt. The coaching staff has finally started to give up on him. Snyder was taking plays last game too.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that red haired guy is Kilgore.... I was wondering who that guy was LOL...

Yes, i agree they have the talent to get better, yes, but they need to get their....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Correction: Google image confirms that the redhead guy wans't Kilgore. Who was that?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Rachal is struggling at RG I'm really hoping Kilgore can take his job so Rachal can compete for the job at C. A C has to block guys straight ahead; I'd be more comfortable with him doing that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks Pwilly. I didn't want to image search every player on the roster.