• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"I'm going to be in Atlanta next season" - Bruce Irvin

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Seattle uses their stadium to pump noise, but like the Seahawks our new stadium will be ripe with amplification.
Seattle's stadium bounces crowd noise back down onto the playing field in waves. It doesn't pump or amplify noise, but redirects and concentrates it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's stadium bounces crowd noise back down onto the playing field in waves. It doesn't pump or amplify noise, but redirects and concentrates it.
That's what amplification is.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to take your word for it as I'm not a sound engineer. To me the word amplification has always implied electronically enhancing a noise to be louder than it naturally is.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people think the way you do, but to amplify means to take an original signal and make it stronger- like a guitar amplifier. Since noise escapes an open air stadium, some of the original is lost in the atmosphere. As seafandawghawk said, the sound is redirected from the overhead cover down onto the playing field.
There is no need to amplify the noise created by the fans in Seattle.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people think the way you do, but to amplify means to take an original signal and make it stronger- like a guitar amplifier. Since noise escapes an open air stadium, some of the original is lost in the atmosphere. As seafandawghawk said, the sound is redirected from the overhead cover down onto the playing field.
am·pli·fied am·pli·fy·ing
Full Definition of AMPLIFY
transitive verb
: to expand (as a statement) by the use of detail or illustration or by closer analysis
a : to make larger or greater (as in amount, importance, or intensity) : increase

b : to increase the strength or amount of; especially : to make louder

c : to cause (a gene or DNA sequence) to undergo amplification

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original rule against sound amplification was meant to stop people from rolling up their programs and shouting, creating an unnaturally louder sound which is redirected at the field in a more direct manner than simply shouting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should have beaten the Pats but the coaching staff shit in their pants on the Pats one yard line by throwing an asinine pass instead of giving the ball to the best short yardage rusher in the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should have beaten the Pats but the coaching staff shit in their pants on the Pats one yard line by throwing an asinine pass instead of giving the ball to the best short yardage rusher in the NFL.

The Coaches may have called the play but they did not throw the pass

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Coaches may have called the play but they did not throw the pass
You are right but it was a terrible call regardless.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, calling a pass was the right call because an incomplete pass there would have allowed them to run the ball on third and fourth downs if necessary (in other words, it gave them a potential for three plays instead of two plays to get the TD, considering they only had one time out left).

But they shouldn't have thrown the quick pick-slant to Lockette into the middle of the Patriots defense. They'd already put that on film a couple of times during the regular season (which is why the Patriots were ready for it in the first place). They should have rolled Wilson quickly to the hash mark while Lockette faked the slant and then broke to the corner-- giving Wilson the option to hit Lockette if open, run for the TD himself if open, or worse case scenario to throw the ball out of the stadium without any risk of an intentional grounding penalty.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, calling a pass was the right call because an incomplete pass there would have allowed them to run the ball on third and fourth downs if necessary (in other words, it gave them a potential for three plays instead of two plays to get the TD, considering they only had one time out left).

But they shouldn't have thrown the quick pick-slant to Lockette into the middle of the Patriots defense. They'd already put that on film a couple of times during the regular season (which is why the Patriots were ready for it in the first place). They should have rolled Wilson quickly to the hash mark while Lockette faked the slant and then broke to the corner-- giving Wilson the option to hit Lockette if open, run for the TD himself if open, or worse case scenario to throw the ball out of the stadium without any risk of an intentional grounding penalty.
Dang I'm getting suckered into talking about this one play, but the only part I disagree with you on is that the pass thrown to the "middle" of the NE defense. It really wasn't. The area of the field it was thrown to only had the 2 WRs and the 2 DBs. Everyone else on the D was crashing the line or on the other side of the field.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll go a little further with this, because here is what happened according to everything that I've been able to gather. Pete Carroll told Darryl Bevell to run a pass play; Bevell called the pick-slant to Lockette; Wilson threw the interception.

I don't blame Carroll too much-- it would have given the Seahawks three chances to score rather than two had the pass not been intercepted. Besides which, the Patriots were in their jumbo goal line defense while the Seahawks were not in their jumbo goal line offense. Running Lynch out of that set would have been like giving the Seahawks 1 1/2 chances to score rather than three or two.

And I don't blame Wilson too much either. It's a play in which the QB has to get the ball out of his hand almost immediately. There isn't much time to process any information. Which Wilson did, and Lockette really did look open when Wilson was throwing the ball.

The problem was that on the one yard line, the field is really compressed. Even though Lockette looked open, the DB wasn't lined up very far away. And the guy made a fantastic play on the ball, probably because Belechik had him practicing to defend that very play during the previous week because the Seahawks had put it on tape a couple of times during the regular season.

In my opinion, Bevell blew it. He dialed up the wrong pass play. Rolling Wilson would have given the Hawks more ways to score (pass or scramble) while providing a much easier out if nothing was open. Plus, it wouldn't have relied as much on Jermaine Kearse beating Brandon Browner in order to make a pick on the other DB. Bevell should have known that there was no way on earth that Kearse was going to fight through Browner in order to get to the right spot.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I'm getting suckered into talking about this one play, but the only part I disagree with you on is that the pass thrown to the "middle" of the NE defense. It really wasn't. The area of the field it was thrown to only had the 2 WRs and the 2 DBs. Everyone else on the D was crashing the line or on the other side of the field.
Yeah, I put it that way more as hyperbole-- compared to throwing the ball to Lockette on an out route, that is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always count on you for superb insight and staying on topic.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go a little further with this, because here is what happened according to everything that I've been able to gather. Pete Carroll told Darryl Bevell to run a pass play; Bevell called the pick-slant to Lockette; Wilson threw the interception.

I don't blame Carroll too much-- it would have given the Seahawks three chances to score rather than two had the pass not been intercepted. Besides which, the Patriots were in their jumbo goal line defense while the Seahawks were not in their jumbo goal line offense. Running Lynch out of that set would have been like giving the Seahawks 1 1/2 chances to score rather than three or two.

And I don't blame Wilson too much either. It's a play in which the QB has to get the ball out of his hand almost immediately. There isn't much time to process any information. Which Wilson did, and Lockette really did look open when Wilson was throwing the ball.

The problem was that on the one yard line, the field is really compressed. Even though Lockette looked open, the DB wasn't lined up very far away. And the guy made a fantastic play on the ball, probably because Belechik had him practicing to defend that very play during the previous week because the Seahawks had put it on tape a couple of times during the regular season.

In my opinion, Bevell blew it. He dialed up the wrong pass play. Rolling Wilson would have given the Hawks more ways to score (pass or scramble) while providing a much easier out if nothing was open. Plus, it wouldn't have relied as much on Jermaine Kearse beating Brandon Browner in order to make a pick on the other DB. Bevell should have known that there was no way on earth that Kearse was going to fight through Browner in order to get to the right spot.

Exactly right. People focus on Malcolm Brown making the pic, but there isn't even a path for him to jump the route if Brandon Browner doesn't jam the shit out of Kearse. Just a stupid, ill advised play call (which is par for the course for Bevell) on top of two great plays by Brown and Browner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a need however, to shut them up!

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin of Seattle Seahawks did not say he would join Atlanta Falcons, Pete Carroll says

"I'm really glad you asked me that, because he didn't say that," Carroll said. "We've been talking all along. He has been working out in Atlanta for these three weeks, and he said [that] in response to the question 'Do you want to come back home?' He said everybody likes to come back home, and it's a dream to come back home. It wasn't in reference to leaving us and coming back [to the Falcons]. He was really adamant about it, and I asked him to leave it and not go at it anymore."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin is a complete idiot and anyone around this team knows it.

He's crazy athletic, but doesn't have enough between the ears to play the Leo role they wanted him for and continually gets burned by overplaying and falling into traps expecting him to overplay. It's a problem that isn't going to go away. Because of it, he is a situational OLB at best. He's a passing down guy, albeit a good one.

I have a feeling we will be stuck with him and his retarded tweets for this season. I fully expect he is gone next year.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was this even news to begin with? Players more important on defense:

Sherman, Wright, Wagner, Kam, Thomas, Avril, Bennett. I'd rather see Irvin go over Jordan Hill as well. Irvin's a painfully average LBer and a horrible pass rusher. Nobody really cares where he goes because he's very easily replaced.