• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ilya HAS GOT TO BE INJURED.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last night was just affirmed it to me. And I'm not sure it's the legs like we think. Anyone noticed that he can't load up for a slapshot on the PP. I don't think we've seen him take a slapshot on the PP for the last 3 games, and he was hesitant to do so for most of the florida series. Maybe a back injury?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was just affirmed it to me. And I'm not sure it's the legs like we think. Anyone noticed that he can't load up for a slapshot on the PP. I don't think we've seen him take a slapshot on the PP for the last 3 games, and he was hesitant to do so for most of the florida series. Maybe a back injury?

That's interesting because a buddy of mine asked me during the game why Kovy wasn't shooting. It was about halfway through the 2nd and we had to really think whether or not we saw him take a shot in the game. When you're a sniper and you're not shooting, something has to be up.

It's been stated before, normally Kovy grips the stick a little too tight, maybe carries the puck to often, gets too amped up for the big games and tries to do everything himself. This is the exact opposite problem.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you copy/paste his name or just choose not to write it in caps?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He has to be and I understand that we wont find out until the series is over. I don't agree with that because the other team clearly sees this too. Trying to protect him from other teams targetig the area? Does it matter? Teams will just target him in general and any hit im sure will hurt

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They were able to eek out wins against Florida with him like this...with the flyers not so lucky.

Remember its not up to him though pdb has eyes he sees what we see its his choice to sit or start him

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were able to eek out wins against Florida with him like this...with the flyers not so lucky.

Remember its not up to him though pdb has eyes he sees what we see its his choice to sit or start him

They could have stole one yesterday and while Ilya contributed to the loss the defense played a much bigger role in that

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's the thing how long are we going to let this go for?

He needs to sit....he isn't going to get any better going out there for 25mins.

If we do make it to the next round he will still be limited and useless.

Let him rest if we make it great we get a hopefully healthy Kovy for thr conference finals.
You can blame kovy for trying to play through it...i blame lou and pdb they can sit him and have zero backlash from the fans yet they dont

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry, is that if he is injured and he is playing through it, is he doing long term damage? What happens if he needs surgery like Ryan Kesler did, who I believe had a disappointing year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting Kovy next game would be a good thing rest him now before its too late.Would also give Marty a day off and get Moose a start and for Christ sake get Larsson in a shake up could do this team some serious good.They are in dire need of having a fire lit under their asses.And to be honest next game in philly would be the best time to do this

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's true I didn't think about longterm.panther can sit their best d man and their starting Goalie. Nope not us

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting Kovy next game would be a good thing rest him now before its too late.Would also give Marty a day off and get Moose a start and for Christ sake get Larsson in a shake up could do this team some serious good.They are in dire need of having a fire lit under their asses.And to be honest next game in philly would be the best time to do this

I suggested this in another thread (angry rant about him actually). I think Kovy should sit the next game too. Did you see that in the entire game and OT he had ZERO shots on goal and was a -2? That just cant happen in the playoffs... NO SHOTS ON GOAL? and with extra time.... He better be injured because if hes not... I dont even want to think about it....

Is this what we locked up for the next 20+ years and are paying that much money for? Zero shots? And hes our sniper? Hes gotta be hurt....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true I didn't think about longterm.panther can sit their best d man and their starting Goalie. Nope not us

To be honest I would be happier to see them take a risk that could pay off in the series than sit back and lie about injuries.Rest the guys next game maybe the change sparks the team to steal one worst case we go down 2 games headed back to Jersey with some fresh legs and healthier or at the least more motivated star players.I know Ilya wants to lead but showing you trust your team mates to give you a day off to recover may be the spark we need.Could also give Parise an added jump in his game

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you on fucking crack?! No Kovy, No Marty in a MUST WIN game? Why not just hand them the series cause if we dont win tomorrow buh bye. I know I said this against Florida but I still don't know how we got thru them but this is Philly and we all saw them destroy the Penguins at full strength and health so this time it's the truth.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, our team really shot themselves in the foot by going 7 with the Panthers(they played playoff hockey while we winged it IMHO).

I'd like Kovy to sit this one and come back in gm 3 more rested and healed up. I mean its so bad, Kovy isn't impacting the game positively right now.

This isn't intended to be a knee-jerk reaction either, i mean we've seen this unfolding before our eyes in the playoffs. Something is wrong with him. He needs a break and restart.

Marty needs to be spelled, sorry Marty but you need some rest.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on fucking crack?! No Kovy, No Marty in a MUST WIN game? Why not just hand them the series cause if we dont win tomorrow buh bye. I know I said this against Florida but I still don't know how we got thru them but this is Philly and we all saw them destroy the Penguins at full strength and health so this time it's the truth.

What is Kovy doing that's keeping us in it? He's is messed up either physically or mentally. He's closer to a liability than a savior right now.

He's our most talented player but maybe the most hurt. His pride needs to step down and rest this one game. He needs it but the team needs him even more.

Our players just need to step up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on board with Marty sitting. He's played great for the most part. Mental slip up here or there, but I don't think fatigue is the problem. He had some huge saves in that game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty did have some good ones and again, it's to be a knock on him and his goaltending per say, but his last three games have all ended in OT. At age 40(close), he may need a breather.

Especially against an aggressive/fast attack of the Flyers.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am his biggest supporter, but he was terrible yesterday. I do agree he was more of a liability.

About the possibility his back might be injured, I didn't think of that. I was thinking more hamstring or groin, because that always affects your skating, especially the explosive first strides that Kovy is now missing. As for shooting, with these types of nagging injuries, its very difficult to shoot the puck. I am sure some of us here played ice hockey, and if you ever hurt the groin or hamstring area, your entire game is limited, shooting included.

Lets not blame Kovy yet until we know the facts (might be after season is done). Maybe Lou and DeBoer are making him play all these minutes. I don't think its a case of Kovy refusing to get off the ice. Also, by now, all of us should know that the Devils never reveal anything to the media. Our team is prohibited by Lou to use or say anything in social media like Twitter.

Cup said in another post that if Kovy is hurt, why would he play on the penalty kill. Totally agree. Also, no need to play all those minutes and the full 2 minute power play either.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wasn't really all that impressed with the flyers yesterday. After what they did to pit i thought we would get pounded 6-2. I think the flyers might overlook this matchup esp sice taking Pitt out quickly. If it wasnt gor harrolds mistake and Marty turnover the flyers didn't really have to work for their goals except giroux. The overtime goal I think couldve been waived off.

I was very shocked at how close that game was.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We also have to be realistic what is one gsme off going to do to this "injury"? I say sit him in the hopes it rallies the troops and also at the Same time rests him