• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to the Penguins - Ray Shero is GOD (GOD just got fired) Upd: Now rehired

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade might be not too bad if Iggy re-signs with the Flames after winning a Cup in Pittsburgh.

Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker

Maher- "I'm skeptical Iginla comes back next season.I don't think it's realistic" -2 sides already talked extension, and it wasn't happening

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh BABY!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanowski can wait until Aug 15 and become a UFA ... Ive seen tweets saying Pittsburgh was thinking of passing on signing him to a pro contract

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My night: Iggy signs with the Bruins. I wasn't disappointed, actually more excited at what hopefully becomes a classic playoff series between two powerhouses.

My morning: Iggy's a Penguin, so I went to Jared.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say worse...not significantly, but they don't have the ceiling that Khok does. That said, he's a B level and these two are C level.

I agree probably both C level prospects. Don't much about either and for the Penguins they weren't really deep in forward prospects so they probably go lower on the list in Calgary.

Hanowski is probably the better scorer and bigger.
Agostino probably faster and if I remember correctly (wish I could find the article) at one time they compared him to someone like Pascal Dupuis.

Without a doubt the Boston deal was better but they both might turn out useful in Calgary. Also they are from North America and there is always that worry about Khokhlachev staying in the KHL. As for the first round pick really a wash either Boston or Pittsburgh's will be late in the first the talent will be thinned out by then.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stoked as I am over this, I still can't help but think the Pens sold the farm (literally) for a cup run this year, so these trades are a bit bittersweet for me, which will turn to pure bitterness if anything less than the Stanley Cup is brought home this year.

That said, when was the last time the Penguins acquired a figure beloved by Calgary, and really the hockey world over? June 12, 1990, Badger Bob...and we all know what happened that year. We will be honoured to do Iggy and Calgary fans proud.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Iginla plays next season I think we all can guarantee it will be back in Calgary so what the Flames got was more depth to not have Iginla play for a few months.

But still it is very hard seeing players like that leave their teams.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure these got posted but they made me laugh good

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 12h
Wayne Gretzky was just shown on the scoreboard in Calgary. Caption: “So, we all agree ANYONE can be traded, right? OK, hold that thought.”

Strombone ‏@strombone1 12h
@DownGoesBrown not ANYONE

then this after the deal was switched to Pitts from Boston

Strombone ‏@strombone1 8h
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest troll job of all time!

geez its going to be sad when we lose him for a 3rd pick

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stoked as I am over this, I still can't help but think the Pens sold the farm (literally) for a cup run this year, so this trade is a bit bittersweet for me, which will turn to pure bitterness if anything less than the Stanley Cup is brought home this year.

That said, when was the last time the Penguins acquired a figure beloved by Calgary, and really the hockey world over? June 12, 1990, Badger Bob...and we all know what happened that year. We will be honoured to do Iggy and Calgary fans proud.

Yeah this time around i think the players will have more NHL impact but there was that complaint last time with Hossa and look the only two still in the NHL were the two Shero got in the deal.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree probably both C level prospects. Don't much about either and for the Penguins they weren't really deep in forward prospects so they probably go lower on the list in Calgary.

Hanowski is probably the better scorer and bigger.
Agostino probably faster and if I remember correctly (wish I could find the article) at one time they compared him to someone like Pascal Dupuis.

Without a doubt the Boston deal was better but they both might turn out useful in Calgary. Also they are from North America and there is always that worry about Khokhlachev staying in the KHL. As for the first round pick really a wash either Boston or Pittsburgh's will be late in the first the talent will be thinned out by then.

the boston first rounder was conditional on Iginla re-signing with them so at least calgary got that

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Iginla plays next season I think we all can guarantee it will be back in Calgary so what the Flames got was more depth to not have Iginla play for a few months.

But still it is very hard seeing players like that leave their teams.

nope!

Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker

Maher- "I'm skeptical Iginla comes back next season.I don't think it's realistic" -2 sides already talked extension, and it wasn't happening

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh BABY!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this time around i think the players will have more NHL impact but there was that complaint last time with Hossa and look the only two still in the NHL were the two Shero got in the deal.

I agree. Morrow was the only prospect worth anything that we traded. Most of our best players are still pretty young, too, so there's time to restock the farm system if we feel the need before it becomes essential.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash what is your feeling on the return

I think I'll defer to Jay Sherman:

jay_sherman_it_stinks.jpg

That said, I remember not being a happy camper the day Joe Nieuwendyk was traded and that turned out okay.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stoked as I am over this, I still can't help but think the Pens sold the farm (literally) for a cup run this year, so these trades are a bit bittersweet for me, which will turn to pure bitterness if anything less than the Stanley Cup is brought home this year.

Morrow and the 1st we sold are the only one's I'm sad to see go. We have Dallas' 2nd, so that'll be fairly high. And a few extra picks from Tangradi/Lovejoy trades. They're later picks, but hey, it's a "deep draft". Losing these two won't hurt too much. Keeping Bennett, Despres, Maata, Pouliot, and not losing a single roster player is impressive. I'm not even worried about the future.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 -> 30 spot... but its a locked in first rounder at least.

which can be packaged to move up in the draft ... having a guaranteed 1st rounder is meaningful ... even if in the 25 to 30 range

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Morrow was the only prospect worth anything that we traded. Most of our best players are still pretty young, too, so there's time to restock the farm system if we feel the need before it becomes essential.

Essentially how I feel. Our forward core is young and talented. Kept our young D for the most part. Have time to build up again before we need home grown talent.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet now
For the Record, no one on the current Penguins' roster is wearing #12. #Tradetracker

anyway so thats why he choose pitts....

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Boston thought they do a conditional and still make that deal. The pick was the most important part...and asking a guy to sign an extension after playing a few months...that's tough unless you win the Cup.