• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were given a five-year contract to run a franchise...

Who would you take for the next five years?

• LeBron James

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Russell Westbrook

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His beard is impressive.

grady-wilson.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely easier to build around Lebron because of his all around style and willingness to share the ball.

On the other hand, we've seen ball dominant scorers like MJ and Kobe win multiple titles. It's all about how smart the teams FO is about the types of players a team brings in.

Westbrook is not MJ or Kobe. Those two were both elite wing defenders in their prime. Also, a ball dominant SG is a little different than a ball dominant PG that shoots all the time.

If Westbrook can't win with Durant, who can he win with? I don't think there is another player in the league who fits him better. I don't think Westbrook fits Durant at all, but KD's scoring ability off the ball and his willingness to defer are ideal for Russ.

I know it seems like the above statement contradicts itself, but it makes sense if you think about it. Westbrook does little to help KD, but KD is a great compliment to Russ.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is not MJ or Kobe. Those two were both elite wing defenders in their prime. Also, a ball dominant SG is a little different than a ball dominant PG that shoots all the time.

If Westbrook can't win with Durant, who can he win with? I don't think there is another player in the league who fits him better. I don't think Westbrook fits Durant at all, but KD's scoring ability off the ball and his willingness to defer are ideal for Russ.

I know it seems like the above statement contradicts itself, but it makes sense if you think about it. Westbrook does little to help KD, but KD is a great compliment to Russ.

There was a time when people thought MJ couldn't win a title with anyone and after Shaq left, plenty of people thought Kobe's title winning days were over. Westbrook is a pretty darn good wing defender himself.

It's about the FO getting the right guys to put around them. For Westbrook, they need to find guys who can thrive/be okay with playing alongside a guy who is going to shoot too much at times. If I were the OKC front office, the first thing I'd do is try to find a PG and move Westbrook to SG

Having said that, Westbrook will also have to learn to do a better job of knowing when to take over and when to keep the other guys involved, just like MJ and Kobe had to.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things to note for those taking LeBron:

1) Kyrie Irving does not come with him in your package.

2) 31 is not that young is today's NBA that's centered for the most part around pure athleticism. By taking LeBron over Westbrook, you're basically banking on him to defy father time for five more years.

I'm going to show this thread when Russ shows out the next couple years, and you know Russell would be pissed if he saw these poll results...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things to note for those taking LeBron:

1) Kyrie Irving does not come with him in your package.

2) 31 is not that young is today's NBA that's centered for the most part around pure athleticism. By taking LeBron over Westbrook, you're basically banking on him to defy father time for five more years.

I'm going to show this thread when Russ shows out the next couple years, and you know Russell would be pissed if he saw these poll results...

Does not matter. Kyrie is overrated anyway. Starting with LeBron is better than starting with anybody else. He is hands down the best player in the league and the easiest to build around.