• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were given a five-year contract to run a franchise...

Who would you take for the next five years?

• LeBron James

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Russell Westbrook

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, just 10 votes??? This sure is the dead season in the basketball world.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron never won anything either unless he had two other all-stars on his team.

While Westbrook had Durant, the title this last season would have been theirs if their third option was someone better than Ibaka.

So the argument is Durant/Ibaka are just garbage compared to Love and Irving??? Sounds a bit trolly to me.

I mean you are really saying if Ibaka played as well as Love did against Golden State, OKC would be champs? Ibaka was better in every single offensive category, are you saying he needs to learn to play dominant D like Love? Had nothing to do with Westbrook struggling with his shot in those back to back to back closeout games?

Damn I hate this one, really good poll there.

Westbrook is insane, but the one thing as someone mentioned is the position. Bron impacts more on the interior which is a big help just due to his size/strength.

Nothing against him but the impact based on his position makes it tough. Not a perfect comparison but pretty good here.

2013 OKC 20-7 when Westbrook missed those 27 straight games. 39-16 the rest of the year
2014 OKC 27-28 when Durant was out. 18-9 when he played

2013 pace for 61 wins without Westbrook, 58 with him.
2014 pace for 41 wins without Durant, 55 with him.

Bron probably by year 4/5 maybe isn't who you want, but two teams have chosen to build around him the past 6 years and have 6 finals trips to show for that choice. Hard to go against that for me.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmer

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, just 10 votes??? This sure is the dead season in the basketball world.
When the NBA finals match-up seems pre-determined before the season even starts(although there is a chance for the Spurs) and it's the 3rd straight year those teams would face each other, there's not as much excitement going into the season unless you are a fan of one of those teams. At least that's why my excitement level for this season is down, I'll try to enjoy watching the Kings play games in their new arena at least.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BronBron is gonna be sweet as an old player.

He facilitates like nobodies bidness.

But Westbrooke is my pick for MVP this year. And prolly 2017-2018. Athletic ability is key to his game though. James will incorporate power and outside passing as time goes by, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a transition year for OKC obviously, but in the meantime I expect Westbrook to lead the league in both scoring and assists in 2016-17...And there's hope that Blake Griffin could return to his home state of Oklahoma next summer to compliment him.
He'll take more shots this year imo. But I expect 10 dimes again.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the argument is Durant/Ibaka are just garbage compared to Love and Irving??? Sounds a bit trolly to me.

I mean you are really saying if Ibaka played as well as Love did against Golden State, OKC would be champs? Ibaka was better in every single offensive category, are you saying he needs to learn to play dominant D like Love? Had nothing to do with Westbrook struggling with his shot in those back to back to back closeout games?

Damn I hate this one, really good poll there.

Westbrook is insane, but the one thing as someone mentioned is the position. Bron impacts more on the interior which is a big help just due to his size/strength.

Nothing against him but the impact based on his position makes it tough. Not a perfect comparison but pretty good here.

2013 OKC 20-7 when Westbrook missed those 27 straight games. 39-16 the rest of the year
2014 OKC 27-28 when Durant was out. 18-9 when he played

2013 pace for 61 wins without Westbrook, 58 with him.
2014 pace for 41 wins without Durant, 55 with him.

Bron probably by year 4/5 maybe isn't who you want, but two teams have chosen to build around him the past 6 years and have 6 finals trips to show for that choice. Hard to go against that for me.
LeBron will find a way.

He has an ego. But it isn't "normal". He wants to win in the worst of ways. I do t think he'd care if he got 8 shots a game. Seriously. He'd pass if he thought it was best, at any point of the game.

Can't ask for much more out of a team sport participant.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Lebron would have a championship with a bunch of scrubs if they would have beaten the Spurs back in 2007. The fact is Westbrook hasn't won anything with a top 3 player in the league alongside of him for his whole career. More than Lebron had his first 7 years in the league.

Westbrook also had two all-stars playing with him as well. Harden was at an all-star level during his Thunder days.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BronBron is gonna be sweet as an old player.

He facilitates like nobodies bidness.

But Westbrooke is my pick for MVP this year. And prolly 2017-2018. Athletic ability is key to his game though. James will incorporate power and outside passing as time goes by, imo.

Not to mention, that he has already somewhat established a post game and that will only increase as he gets older. Then like you said his vision and passing ability along with his post game will be impossible to stop even as he gets older.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook also had two all-stars playing with him as well. Harden was at an all-star level during his Thunder days.

Not yet. He only had 7 starts in his OKC days.

But even then they made the finals. No doubt they'd have a huge chance of winning it had Harden stayed.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many all-stars has lebron had on his team each championship season?

How many all-stars does any championship team have...

funny i don't see you bashing curry

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take LeBron. Since I don't know what the rest of my team looks like, I'd work my butt off surrounding him with a mix of a couple of older vets, a couple of guys the same age, a couple of younger guys with experience and a bunch of rookies with a "I want to learn" attitude. Basically a "now, Near Future and Future team that will get me another 5 year contract. Then I'd sit back and smoke cigars like my hero.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand the Harden love. He's a huge liability defensively and relies on luring the refs into putting him on the line. That will never result in postseason success when the defenses are allowed more contact.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Harden love. He's a huge liability defensively and relies on luring the refs into putting him on the line. That will never result in postseason success when the defenses are allowed more contact.
His beard is impressive.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have LeBron pretty easily here. Westbrook's window will be open longer, but his style is not conducive to winning against good teams. LeBron impacts the game in more ways and I believe he will continue to be the best in the league for the next 2-3 years.

In that window, I think it is much easier to build a championship team around LeBron than it is to build one around Westbrook. I just don't know who you can pair Russ with. LeBron can potentially fot with anybody.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have LeBron pretty easily here. Westbrook's window will be open longer, but his style is not conducive to winning against good teams. LeBron impacts the game in more ways and I believe he will continue to be the best in the league for the next 2-3 years.

In that window, I think it is much easier to build a championship team around LeBron than it is to build one around Westbrook. I just don't know who you can pair Russ with. LeBron can potentially fot with anybody.

It's definitely easier to build around Lebron because of his all around style and willingness to share the ball.

On the other hand, we've seen ball dominant scorers like MJ and Kobe win multiple titles. It's all about how smart the teams FO is about the types of players a team brings in.