• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were given a five-year contract to run a franchise...

Who would you take for the next five years?

• LeBron James

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Russell Westbrook

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you take?

I think you know which way I'm leaning...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what those 2 guys on the team might not win a lot but they would have the best names in the league.

Need to add Bismack Biyombo, Zaza Pachulia, and Giannis Antetokuompo (sp?) and that's the best possible starting five on name value.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question.

Lebron is older and currently the best player in the NBA. Westbrook is only 27 and his best years may still be ahead of him. Looking at it over 5 years...I'd have to go with Westbrook. I'm getting him for his entire prime years. With Lebron, you get a couple of great seasons followed by watching him decline. Similar to Kobe after the Lakers last title.

Last edited:

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take LeBron even if he gets older. Be the mentor to the young guys and still try to lead them to championship. You ain't goin' nowhere with Westbrook, he hasn't proven that he can win. Even in his prime, I doubt he has the key to win with his in game decision makings

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take LeBron even if he gets older. Be the mentor to the young guys and still try to lead them to championship. You ain't goin' nowhere with Westbrook, he hasn't proven that he can win. Even in his prime, I doubt he has the key to win with his in game decision makings

Lebron never won anything either unless he had two other all-stars on his team.

While Westbrook had Durant, the title this last season would have been theirs if their third option was someone better than Ibaka.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Westbrook had Durant, the title this last season would have been theirs if their third option was someone better than Ibaka.
Still the fact remains, LeBron is now a winner. Westbrook isn't. No more speculations needed, ifs ands or maybes.

I want a veteran on my team that can lead young players instead of a prime stat-stuffer but will lead you to nowhere.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a transition year for OKC obviously, but in the meantime I expect Westbrook to lead the league in both scoring and assists in 2016-17...And there's hope that Blake Griffin could return to his home state of Oklahoma next summer to compliment him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still the fact remains, LeBron is now a winner. Westbrook isn't. No more speculations needed, ifs ands or maybes.

I want a veteran on my team that can lead young players instead of a prime stat-stuffer but will lead you to nowhere.

I'm taking Westbrook mainly for his age

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question.

Lebron is older and currently the best player in the NBA. Westbrook is only 27 and his best years may still be ahead of him. Looking at it over 5 years...I'd have to go with Westbrook. I'm getting him for his entire prime years. With Lebron, you get a couple of great season followed by watching him decline. Similar to Kobe after the Lakers last title.

While I agree, Lebron would be a mentor to the young guys and depending on the team around him they are almost a guarantee for deep playoff run and experience. Can't really say the same about Westbrook.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay. Lebron would have a championship with a bunch of scrubs if they would have beaten the Spurs back in 2007. The fact is Westbrook hasn't won anything with a top 3 player in the league alongside of him for his whole career. More than Lebron had his first 7 years in the league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Lebron would have a championship with a bunch of scrubs if they would have beaten the Spurs back in 2007. The fact is Westbrook hasn't won anything with a top 3 player in the league alongside of him for his whole career. More than Lebron had his first 7 years in the league.

How many all-stars has lebron had on his team each championship season?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, no question. You take 2-3 years of the best player in the world over 5 years of one of the top 10 players in the league.

You put all your eggs in those first 2-3 years. Hopefully you win a championship. Maybe two.

In reality, it would depend on who you can surround them with. If it's LeBron and a bunch of scrubs for the next 5 years vs. Westbrook and a couple all-star quality players for the next 5 years, I'd probably take Westbrook. But if I can build the same team around both of them, I'll take LeBron and hope I win it in the first couple years.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, no question. You take 2-3 years of the best player in the world over 5 years of one of the top 10 players in the league.

You put all your eggs in those first 2-3 years. Hopefully you win a championship. Maybe two.

In reality, it would depend on who you can surround them with. If it's LeBron and a bunch of scrubs for the next 5 years vs. Westbrook and a couple all-star quality players for the next 5 years, I'd probably take Westbrook. But if I can build the same team around both of them, I'll take LeBron and hope I win it in the first couple years.

This.

Lebron is a proven Championship caliber player who you can build around. I estimate he still has 2-3 great years left in him before he starts the real decline. Westbrook is probably peaking now, but he's a much more difficult player to build a team around. You would either have to build a super fast break team, or one with a lot of role players to suit him. Lebron, you can kind of mix and match players and be sure that his skill set can in some way help their game. I'll take 2-3 great years of Lebron over most anyone else in the league, if not everyone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate him, but I'd take Lebron over Westbrook. This upcoming season may change that, but I don't see Westbrook as someone you can build around necessarily. He's very impressive athletically, but he's a score-first PG. How many of those have rings?