• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you had to pick a new HC

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Arians. He's been doing great things in a relatively short time as a HC. Mike McCarthy # 2 for me. Just consistent, doesn't get too excited, always has his team ready. Not a fan of the Carroll way of coaching. From the outsside it appears he gives his players too much rope? I can't argue his current ssuccess. He didn't do crap in NE. For his sake and the Hawk fans I hope he continues his success.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians or Mike McCarthy

Both are doing a masterful job with their rosters and both put emphasis on defense along with offense.
Mike McCarthy in a heartbeat. This man has built one of the most consistent winners in the NFL but gets little respect for it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted to win at any cost, I would pick BB, crooked but brilliant.....
But I would have to pick Andy Reid instead, and the reason is that he has proven he can build a balanced team , great D's and an offense that balances the run / pass attack that get you to the playoffs more often than not.....
He has never had a champion caliber QB before, and I think he would be a perfect fit in Bmore beings Harbs learned it all from him anyway....
Love the guys character and coaching skills....And yes he looks like a Walrus !! :D

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCarthy in a heartbeat. This man has built one of the most consistent winners in the NFL but gets little respect for it.

McCarthy is a fine head coach, but I think most of the credit should go to A.Rodgers. I'll take Sean Payton to coach this current Cowboys team.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good picks so far, only one mind boggler....:scratch:
Catch you tomorrow, it's an over and out for me tonight....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Arians. He's been doing great things in a relatively short time as a HC. Mike McCarthy # 2 for me. Just consistent, doesn't get too excited, always has his team ready. Not a fan of the Carroll way of coaching. From the outsside it appears he gives his players too much rope? I can't argue his current ssuccess. He didn't do crap in NE. For his sake and the Hawk fans I hope he continues his success.

Sometimes it takes a while and it takes the right fit. For example I don't recall Belichick lighting the NFL on fire in Cleveland. It wasn't until he went to NE that he found success. It didn't hurt that Brady fell into his lap either. He's very similar to Carroll that way. Both failed early on with different teams, both went to new teams, both found smart young QB's, and both won titles. Maybe neither of these two coaches win anything if Brady and Wilson would have ended up on different teams. No one knows.

As for the original question I'd probably take John Harbaugh. I like his style and he isn't a clown like his brother.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher defensive minded and builds his teams from the inside out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn. homer pick.

From Pete's tree and I like the way he plays D.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes a while and it takes the right fit. For example I don't recall Belichick lighting the NFL on fire in Cleveland. It wasn't until he went to NE that he found success. It didn't hurt that Brady fell into his lap either. He's very similar to Carroll that way. Both failed early on with different teams, both went to new teams, both found smart young QB's, and both won titles. Maybe neither of these two coaches win anything if Brady and Wilson would have ended up on different teams. No one knows.

As for the original question I'd probably take John Harbaugh. I like his style and he isn't a clown like his brother.
Valid points. Well except for the Harbaugh comment.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is a fine head coach, but I think most of the credit should go to A.Rodgers. I'll take Sean Payton to coach this current Cowboys team.
Why Payton? What is it that you see in him? Don't get me wrong. I like what he has done in NO. Got screwed with Bountygate. But not sure I'd take him over others mentioned?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick. Excellent tactician, and he wouldn't get run over by some of the bigger personalities on the Hawks.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Pete Carroll He was a young HC and not given enough time here in NE but playoffs 2 out of 3 years

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go Chip Kelly... I know he is not great... But he sure is fun... If my team is not going win the SB, I would rather have a fun team to watch...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Payton? What is it that you see in him? Don't get me wrong. I like what he has done in NO. Got screwed with Bountygate. But not sure I'd take him over others mentioned?

My choice would be different if we were talking about a different team/roster, Payton would be a great fit in Dallas, though. Payton is, IMO, one of the top 3 offensive coaches in this league -- and a very strong argument can be made that he is the best. Payton has a good relationship with Jerry Jones, which can not be discounted if we are talking about someone coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Payton fields a perennial contender in New Orleans despite having what I consider to be mediocre rosters most years. Payton is also excellent at developing QB's - a lot of Romo's early development can be attributed to Sean Payton, and Payton helped Drew Brees reach elite status too. He's also got a Super Bowl win under his belt. Lastly, I like the way Payton carries himself, he's usually calm, cool and collected. If you swapped Payton for Garrett right now and left everything else in tact, Dallas would be a better football team -- and that is not a swipe at Garrett, who I think has made impressive strides as a head coach the past two years.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'l stay with the Dark Lord, hoodie, BB.
Yes I'm a Homer but I want to win every game, don't bother me with the details, I don't care.
Yes indeed I'm going to burn in hell, don't care.