• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Educate me my friend. Fred ex?
Mitchell had several nicknames during his tenure in Philadelphia. These included "Fast Freddie," the "Sultan of Slot," "First Down Freddie," "FredEx" (claiming he "always delivers"), the "People's Champ," ,"Fast Talkin' Freddie Mitchell, and "Hollywood."

funny thing is he was only about 180 to 185 lbs as well. but he would push RTK to the side to explain how good he was gonna be. he didnt need a spokesman.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell had several nicknames during his tenure in Philadelphia. These included "Fast Freddie," the "Sultan of Slot," "First Down Freddie," "FredEx" (claiming he "always delivers"), the "People's Champ," ,"Fast Talkin' Freddie Mitchell, and "Hollywood."

funny thing is he was only about 180 to 185 lbs as well. but he would push RTK to the side to explain how good he was gonna be. he didnt need a spokesman.
Oh i remember now!!! Thanks

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was another great eagles draft pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really isn't a good indicator of anything. Alot of guys have transferred because they weren't the starter. Baker, Kyler, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Hurts, and those are just some of the notable ones.
Transferring because you weren't given the chance or roadblocked by an older or better player at your position is indeed common. But, how many were the starter and then benched and then went on to be successful NFL starters for a long time. I think that is a little more damning. I'm not trying to disagree with your point because it is valid. I'm curious.

Even Brady wasn't a FT starter in College and that didn't turn out so bad...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons is a great player. He's also someone who comes with some major off the field red flags. So he will fit right in with Dallas.
But if Philly drafted him you'd be comparing him to LT :L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles intentionally lose game to eliminate Giants from playoffs

Eagles conspire with Cowboys to steal Davonte Smith from Giants

the perfect NFL karma would be Kadarius Toney being a better NFL player than Davonte Smith
I don't think that is as unrealistic as it seems on it's surface. I'm not predicting that Toney will be better and I like Smith a lot and think he is going to be really good once Philly gets a QB, but Toney is the guy I think compares more to a Tyreek Hill type (monotonous track stats coming in 5,4,3...). No, he isn't likely to be Tyreek Hill but he may end up the most explosive after the catch out of this whole group. I get that highlights are just highlights and he isn't as complete of a receiver as Smith or Waddle (none of them are in Chase's league IMO) and may be more a specialty type, but Toney is the guy with the flashiest big play potential. If he was on Alabama, I'm not so sure the draft will have gone like it did.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transferring because you weren't given the chance or roadblocked by an older or better player at your position is indeed common. But, how many were the starter and then benched and then went on to be successful NFL starters for a long time. I think that is a little more damning. I'm not trying to disagree with your point because it is valid. I'm curious.

Even Brady wasn't a FT starter in College and that didn't turn out so bad...

I'm not sure how many examples are out there in your scenario. Russell Wilson left NC State because he wasn't going to be the starter his SR year. Baker started as a FR, got benched, transferred to OU. Kyler was splitting time at A&M his FR year and transferred out after that to OU.

I'm not out here saying Hurts is going to be good. If I had to make a guess, I'd say he isn't the long term solution at QB. My reasoning isn't because he was benched for Tia and transferred though. It's because he can't throw and didn't look good as a rookie. That's my only point. Don't say he's going to be bad because he transferred(not saying you said that), because alot of guys have transferred and been really good. Point to on the field things.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles intentionally lose game to eliminate Giants from playoffs

Eagles conspire with Cowboys to steal Davonte Smith from Giants

the perfect NFL karma would be Kadarius Toney being a better NFL player than Davonte Smith
He might very well be.....

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I’ve given the OP’s question some thought, but here is what I want to know:
If we are NOT being honest about it, who would it be? Because, you know, lying opens up many many options.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, get why I picked him?

So what's your problem? Not saying he is a bad player, I think he is the best defensive player to come out of the draft.

He just also fits in with the culture of the Cowboys that Jerry builds with guys who have troublesome character issues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your problem? Not saying he is a bad player, I think he is the best defensive player to come out of the draft.

He just also fits in with the culture of the Cowboys that Jerry builds with guys who have troublesome character issues.
I'm saying if he went to the Eagles you would have started a thread saying he is going to be the greatest LB in history and the next LT (as this thread and your baby Julio thread and Fulgham thread all prove) and ignored all else. He goes to the Cowboys and you make sure to write: "Parsons is a great player. He's also someone who comes with some major off the field red flags. So he will fit right in with Dallas"

I'm sure EVERYONE else found it crystal clear

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying if he went to the Eagles you would have started a thread saying he is going to be the greatest LB in history and the next LT (as this thread and your baby Julio thread and Fulgham thread all prove) and ignored all else. He goes to the Cowboys and you make sure to write: "Parsons is a great player. He's also someone who comes with some major off the field red flags. So he will fit right in with Dallas"

I'm sure EVERYONE else found it crystal clear

Fact is Jerry runs a trash organization with a bunch of thugs which is why they haven't done shit in over a quarter of a century.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is Jerry runs a trash organization with a bunch of thugs which is why they haven't done shit in over a quarter of a century.
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco