• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If this goes through, won't have to worry about the Bears for 3 years

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From Lovie Smith to possibly Singletary? Hahahahahahhaha

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord! Singletary and Cutler are not going to get along. Every team has to interview a black though. Singletary is just being used.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like a good example of that accusation that the Bears are interviewing as many coaches of rival teams as possible to milk information from them.

I mean, this one is blatant.....nobody could seriously believe any team would hire Sing as an HC, even the Bears.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like a good example of that accusation that the Bears are interviewing as many coaches of rival teams as possible to milk information from them.

I mean, this one is blatant.....nobody could seriously believe any team would hire Sing as an HC, even the Bears.

It wouldn't stun me. Would I ever back it for the foreseeable future? No, no, no. It's like I said last night. I think MANY people would be surprised at some of the opinions league wide that some still have about Singletary. There's a disconnect with the way most fans look at Singletary and those that know about his make-up and the types of things that stand out about him.

The fact he'd get an interview with the Bears isn't the greatest proof to say that he's thought of highly by many league wide because the Bears organization, specifically the owners and the ones who work closest to them, are very fond of Singletary as a coach and always have been. I'm just saying that it wouldn't shock me if this isn't the last time he gets some interest for whatever reason for a HC job in the future. Whether or not he ever gets another chance is another story, but the fact that there's interest OR would ever be interest based on things I've gathered is not that surprising to me.

Make sense?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could see him having some huge fans in the organization, and it would sell very well with the fans. But there have to be some actual football people in Chicago's brain trust, right? I can't imagine they'd want any part of it, he just made so many bad mistakes here and brought this team in the wrong direction.

And past all that, I would have guessed the Bears would go with a more offensive mind at the top going forward, they've struggled so much there and these teams tend to lurch the other direction when hiring......

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't stun me. Would I ever back it for the foreseeable future? No, no, no. It's like I said last night. I think MANY people would be surprised at some of the opinions league wide that some still have about Singletary. There's a disconnect with the way most fans look at Singletary and those that know about his make-up and the types of things that stand out about him.

The fact he'd get an interview with the Bears isn't the greatest proof to say that he's thought of highly by many league wide because the Bears organization, specifically the owners and the ones who work closest to them, are very fond of Singletary as a coach and always have been. I'm just saying that it wouldn't shock me if this isn't the last time he gets some interest for whatever reason for a HC job in the future. Whether or not he ever gets another chance is another story, but the fact that there's interest OR would ever be interest based on things I've gathered is not that surprising to me.

Make sense?

Differing league opinions on Singletary only makes sense if no one had ever read a single report about Singletary, his lack or preparation with the team, or anything else that came out of his tenure here. I mean, seriously, I've read a lot of articles of interviews with 49er players on Harbaugh and if you read between the lines it doesn't seem like Singletary had a single clue as to how to prepare a team before a game, in the middle of a game, or after a game. Maybe that's ok if you are an expert at choosing the right assistants, but this is the guy who had Jimmy Raye as his coordinator. I don't see what he would have learned as a linebackers coach that would have made him ready to learn from his mistakes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Singletary somehow got hired by the Bears, what would you think of an Alex Smith for Christian Ponder trade? I'm not saying straight-up, but it might need to be, based upon the fact that Minnesota could just wait for Alex to be cut. Get something in return.

However, Ponder is a good backup to Alex if Alex is starting (so they could just wait it out), because they have the same makeup (right?). But he wouldn't necessarily be a good backup to Kaep, given that he has a different skill set than Kaep (most everyone does). But everyone says Alex would be a good backup to Kaep, so by extension, if Ponder is like Smith, would Ponder + Harbaugh be a cheaper Alex Smith and fit? We'd save money and not lose out on having a backup who has starting experience for a playoff team.

Why would Minnesota trade? Maybe they could find a cheaper backup, too? I don't know, just kicking around ideas. I linked this idea to this thread because I always considered Singletary to be a deterrent for Smith going there (not that he has a choice) and that Ponder also stopped any discussion by virtue of making the playoffs. Tebow and Alex made the playoffs and were replaced - Tebow wasn't even put in with Sanchez's troubles. So it's not restricted.

I'm sure there are a few here who would do an Alex Smith for Sanchez trade (with a paycut)- partly because we likely get nothing because we'll cut him, but also because some view Sanchez favorably if you add Harbaugh, and it's out of the division and conference. The paycut is unlikely though and that makes this trade prohibitive, even if given more years. If we're going to pay that much, just keep Alex.

Last edited by a moderator:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord! Singletary and Cutler are not going to get along. Every team has to interview a black though. Singletary is just being used.

Every team has to interview a black? I don't know why but that sounds wrong.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, seeing Cutler and Singletary on the sidelines together after a Cutler pick, or watching Cutler push an offensive lineman after a sack would be priceless.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Singletary somehow got hired by the Bears, what would you think of an Alex Smith for Christian Ponder trade? I'm not saying straight-up, but it might need to be, based upon the fact that Minnesota could just wait for Alex to be cut. Get something in return.

However, Ponder is a good backup to Alex if Alex is starting (so they could just wait it out), because they have the same makeup (right?). But he wouldn't necessarily be a good backup to Kaep, given that he has a different skill set than Kaep (most everyone does). But everyone says Alex would be a good backup to Kaep, so by extension, if Ponder is like Smith, would Ponder + Harbaugh be a cheaper Alex Smith and fit? We'd save money and not lose out on having a backup who has starting experience for a playoff team.

Why would Minnesota trade? Maybe they could find a cheaper backup, too? I don't know, just kicking around ideas. I linked this idea to this thread because I always considered Singletary to be a deterrent for Smith going there (not that he has a choice) and that Ponder also stopped any discussion by virtue of making the playoffs. Tebow and Alex made the playoffs and were replaced - Tebow wasn't even put in with Sanchez's troubles. So it's not restricted.

I'm sure there are a few here who would do an Alex Smith for Sanchez trade (with a paycut)- partly because we likely get nothing because we'll cut him, but also because some view Sanchez favorably if you add Harbaugh, and it's out of the division and conference. The paycut is unlikely though and that makes this trade prohibitive, even if given more years. If we're going to pay that much, just keep Alex.

ponder is still growing as a qb. imo they should stick with ponder unless they can get an elite qb.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Differing league opinions on Singletary only makes sense if no one had ever read a single report about Singletary, his lack or preparation with the team, or anything else that came out of his tenure here. I mean, seriously, I've read a lot of articles of interviews with 49er players on Harbaugh and if you read between the lines it doesn't seem like Singletary had a single clue as to how to prepare a team before a game, in the middle of a game, or after a game. Maybe that's ok if you are an expert at choosing the right assistants, but this is the guy who had Jimmy Raye as his coordinator. I don't see what he would have learned as a linebackers coach that would have made him ready to learn from his mistakes.

singletary would be good if he had solid coordinators. like if he brought in norv for offense and an experienced defensive coordinator.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, that would leave Singletary free to do what he does best, dropping trou at halftime.

well thats one way to show everyone who has the biggest dick in the room

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never be the Head Coach of the Chicago Bears.

Maybe a position coach er something, but I say a big Hellz No to Samurai Mike as HC. heck of player, but the whole "exposure" thing...it's just too much.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's unlikely he'll get another head coaching gig but who knows since you never know how much he learned from his first go around as a head coach.

Some guys learn from their mistakes and become better from them.

I will say the major thing he needs to do is build connections and be able to hire a strong staff. One of his major failings was his inability to hire good assistants especially on offense.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's unlikely he'll get another head coaching gig but who knows since you never know how much he learned from his first go around as a head coach.

Maybe learn from his mistakes, but he doesn't strike me as a guy you want leading a team. In military terms he makes a good sergeant, a guy that communicates directly with the players constantly, enforces discipline and maintains morale, busts chops if anyone gets out of line so the top guys don't have to worry about it. You don't want him drawing up the plans, because he's still using tactics from a couple wars ago, doesn't seem to have an innovative bone in his body.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, seeing Cutler and Singletary on the sidelines together after a Cutler pick, or watching Cutler push an offensive lineman after a sack would be priceless.

For this reason alone I'm rooting from him to get the job.